Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub 10:47 - May 11 with 2952 viewsLord_Lucan

been triumphed on here yet?

Genuinely don't know. Just wondered what the split of opinion was. I am presuming an unusually high percentage on here will think it's a good idea when compared with general perceived opinion.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 10:48 - May 11 with 1935 viewsfooters

Couldn't give a monkey's.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 10:49 - May 11 with 1927 viewsRadlett_blue

It's the sort of thing I know I shouldn't get annoyed about, but know I will so best that I avoid the issue.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 10:49 - May 11 with 1929 viewsDubtractor

I wasn't aware of this, but its a load of nonsense if it being proposed.

Sounds like the sort of thing that would be suggested on April 1st.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 10:53 - May 11 with 1896 viewsClapham_Junction

It isn't replacing it. It's a new brand created for grassroots football. The original badge will remain on England shirts etc.
Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 10:59 - May 11 with 1834 viewsDanTheMan

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 10:53 - May 11 by Clapham_Junction

It isn't replacing it. It's a new brand created for grassroots football. The original badge will remain on England shirts etc.

Yeah, just looked it up, it's basically a logo for a new "initiative".

Honestly couldn't tell that those were anything other than 3 lions.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 11:07 - May 11 with 1785 viewsFreddies_Ears

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 10:59 - May 11 by DanTheMan

I completed an FA Grassroots survey on this. Clearly my views were in a minority, as they did the opposite of what I suggested!!!!
Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 11:11 - May 11 with 1763 viewschicoazul

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 11:07 - May 11 by Freddies_Ears

I completed an FA Grassroots survey on this. Clearly my views were in a minority, as they did the opposite of what I suggested!!!!

Top tip; when any organisation does a survey it’s because they have already decided what they want to do.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 11:25 - May 11 with 1727 viewsLord_Lucan

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 10:53 - May 11 by Clapham_Junction

Ah, then I am happy to hear that - and don't think it's a bad thing at all for grass roots football.

So do you know if the FA have changed their mind or did the media get the wrong end of the stick? I asked as I heard it being discussed on the radio the other day as if it were to go on all full kits.

John Barnes was giving his views saying he thought it was a bit ridiculous but would favour the idea if it were for junior teams - to which I agreed - and agree.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 11:42 - May 11 with 1675 viewsClapham_Junction

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 11:25 - May 11 by Lord_Lucan

Ah, then I am happy to hear that - and don't think it's a bad thing at all for grass roots football.

So do you know if the FA have changed their mind or did the media get the wrong end of the stick? I asked as I heard it being discussed on the radio the other day as if it were to go on all full kits.

John Barnes was giving his views saying he thought it was a bit ridiculous but would favour the idea if it were for junior teams - to which I agreed - and agree.

Based on the link below, it looks like the media got the wrong end of the stick, although it wouldn't entirely surprise me if this was deliberate, so as to create a bit of outrage that they could feed off.

https://www.designweek.co.uk/issues/3-9-may-2021/three-lions-get-a-make-over-for
Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 11:52 - May 11 with 1634 viewsjeera

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 11:42 - May 11 by Clapham_Junction

Based on the link below, it looks like the media got the wrong end of the stick, although it wouldn't entirely surprise me if this was deliberate, so as to create a bit of outrage that they could feed off.

https://www.designweek.co.uk/issues/3-9-may-2021/three-lions-get-a-make-over-for

So the idea is to be inclusive at grassroots level, designed to encourage and support all age groups/genders.

Sounds good.

Although someone, somewhere will try to connect it to Pride.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 11:54 - May 11 with 1620 viewsfooters

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 11:52 - May 11 by jeera

So the idea is to be inclusive at grassroots level, designed to encourage and support all age groups/genders.

Sounds good.

Although someone, somewhere will try to connect it to Pride.

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 11:55 - May 11 with 1612 viewsjeera

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 11:54 - May 11 by footers

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 11:56 - May 11 with 1588 viewsBluefish

I thought odd then I really liked it and then I settled for not really giving a sh*t

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:07 - May 11 with 1544 viewsDarth_Koont

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 10:59 - May 11 by DanTheMan

I’m picking up a definite studenty, woke energy from those three.

We should be respecting the sanctity of our made-up animals.

Pronouns: He/Him

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:10 - May 11 with 1529 views26_Paz

It’s absolutely ridiculous. Classic FA behaviour. Instead of spending the money to improve grassroots football let’s pay some expensive consultants to design a more woke symbol.

The Paz Man

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:14 - May 11 with 1523 viewsSamWhiteUK

Gotta say, I think that's a pretty bloody brilliant badge, whatever it's for
Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:14 - May 11 with 1517 viewsDarth_Koont

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:10 - May 11 by 26_Paz

It’s absolutely ridiculous. Classic FA behaviour. Instead of spending the money to improve grassroots football let’s pay some expensive consultants to design a more woke symbol.

Wow! I didn’t think someone would actually say it.

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:17 - May 11 with 1500 viewsfooters

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:14 - May 11 by Darth_Koont

Wow! I didn’t think someone would actually say it.

Paz is waging a one-man 'war on woke' and this is just the latest very important subject to come in for his almighty wrath.

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:20 - May 11 with 1480 viewseireblue

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:10 - May 11 by 26_Paz

“...more woke..”?

The three adult lions were woke?

Well there’s a thing.

Just checking, are you doing the, pretending to be ignorant in order to be a bit mischievous, thing again?
Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:21 - May 11 with 1462 views26_Paz

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:20 - May 11 by eireblue

“...more woke..”?

The three adult lions were woke?

Well there’s a thing.

Just checking, are you doing the, pretending to be ignorant in order to be a bit mischievous, thing again?

No, I do not see what was wrong with the old badge and feel there are much better uses for FA money that spending it on this.

The Paz Man

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:22 - May 11 with 1465 viewsDarth_Koont

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:17 - May 11 by footers

Paz is waging a one-man 'war on woke' and this is just the latest very important subject to come in for his almighty wrath.

Wait until he notices that the cub has been left free to assume its own gender identity ...

But how dare they reflect grassroots football in this factual, non-offensive and rather neutral way!!!!

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:24 - May 11 with 1443 views26_Paz

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:22 - May 11 by Darth_Koont

Wait until he notices that the cub has been left free to assume its own gender identity ...

But how dare they reflect grassroots football in this factual, non-offensive and rather neutral way!!!!

I would have preferred it if they would have spent the money subsidising football pitches / training sessions for disadvantaged youngsters but hey, have a new badge if you want.

The Paz Man

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:25 - May 11 with 1448 viewsSpruceMoose

Obvious troll is obvious.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:28 - May 11 with 1436 viewseireblue

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:21 - May 11 by 26_Paz

No, I do not see what was wrong with the old badge and feel there are much better uses for FA money that spending it on this.

Hey, its your words

..more woke..

What’s the equivalent of seeing reds under the bed?

Do you feel surrounded by people ready to leap out and be nice.

Maybe you’ve been in the trenches too long.
Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:33 - May 11 with 1404 viewsDarth_Koont

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:24 - May 11 by 26_Paz

I would have preferred it if they would have spent the money subsidising football pitches / training sessions for disadvantaged youngsters but hey, have a new badge if you want.

Designs are tweaked and updated all the time, you silly sausage. Especially for a new initiative.

It’s not some massive project or even much of a decision.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024