Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player rumours 15:15 - May 11 with 2053 viewskizaitfc

It would appear the papers are just finding scouse players that have previously played under Cook and writing a story about an Ipswich link.

Is there any string rumours or ITK people that can confirm any of the apparent links?

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

The thing about all of the people that post..... on 15:19 - May 11 with 2003 viewsBloots

....string rumours, is that if you give them enough rope they end up hanging themselves.

Or is that knot what you meant?

Cheers.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Player rumours on 15:20 - May 11 with 1992 viewsMrTown

I've seen people moaning about signing Liverpool born or based players & staff, which in itself is absolutely ridiculous.

Secondly, they are people that Cook will know and trust, and Cook uses the word 'trust' with huge significance.

I don't get why anyone would be upset or shocked at this. It is very common for managers to look at players and staff they can rely on and trust.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 15:21]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Player rumours on 15:23 - May 11 with 1957 viewsJackSted

Player rumours on 15:20 - May 11 by MrTown

I've seen people moaning about signing Liverpool born or based players & staff, which in itself is absolutely ridiculous.

Secondly, they are people that Cook will know and trust, and Cook uses the word 'trust' with huge significance.

I don't get why anyone would be upset or shocked at this. It is very common for managers to look at players and staff they can rely on and trust.

Imagine moaning about a signing because of their accent

Ipswich fans amirite?
[Post edited 11 May 2021 15:23]

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Player rumours on 15:23 - May 11 with 1953 viewskizaitfc

Player rumours on 15:20 - May 11 by MrTown

Not upset by any of it personally, just wonder if it is just lazy journalism

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Player rumours on 15:24 - May 11 with 1957 viewsPhilTWTD

Player rumours on 15:23 - May 11 by kizaitfc

Not upset by any of it personally, just wonder if it is just lazy journalism

Purely coincidence in the case of the players I've mentioned. Players I've been told we're interested in. Think Connolly is the most likely to happen.
Player rumours on 15:25 - May 11 with 1913 viewsKieran_Knows

Player rumours on 15:24 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

Purely coincidence in the case of the players I've mentioned. Players I've been told we're interested in. Think Connolly is the most likely to happen.

That would be a good start. I imagine he'd make a good replacement for Downes.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Player rumours on 15:26 - May 11 with 1916 viewshype313

What are your thoughts on Rhodes Phil, obviously he has connections with us and the Trotters, would presume he would want to stay in the Championship and his wages will be a stretch, even with our new ownership.

Personally, I can't see it happening.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Player rumours on 15:28 - May 11 with 1889 viewsPhilTWTD

Player rumours on 15:26 - May 11 by hype313

What are your thoughts on Rhodes Phil, obviously he has connections with us and the Trotters, would presume he would want to stay in the Championship and his wages will be a stretch, even with our new ownership.

Personally, I can't see it happening.

I think he'd love to come back here, despite the Norwich loan has always seemed to genuinely love the club. But if a Championship club was in for him I'd expect him to go there. I'd be sceptical whether we really have offered him a three-year deal, however.
Login to get fewer ads

Player rumours on 15:31 - May 11 with 1827 viewshype313

Player rumours on 15:28 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

I think he'd love to come back here, despite the Norwich loan has always seemed to genuinely love the club. But if a Championship club was in for him I'd expect him to go there. I'd be sceptical whether we really have offered him a three-year deal, however.

That 3 year talk is nonsense, anyone who has listened to our new owners and their plans/blueprint is complete the opposite to offering 31yr olds a 3 year deal.

On that, how the hell is he 31, I thought he was 24, someone's stolen 7 years from me.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Player rumours on 15:33 - May 11 with 1808 viewschrismakin

Hes just said his goodbyes on twitter. Wonder how long until you start seeing pre contracts signed...

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Player rumours on 15:46 - May 11 with 1733 viewschrismakin

Phil. When Rhodes was linked before you said you didnt think it would be him but a singing like him ( his portfolio) any hints on who you think we are after striker wise.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The thing about all of the people that post..... on 15:50 - May 11 with 1689 viewsFixed_It

The thing about all of the people that post..... on 15:19 - May 11 by Bloots

....string rumours, is that if you give them enough rope they end up hanging themselves.

Or is that knot what you meant?

Cheers.

Well that obviously struck a chord...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Player rumours on 17:54 - May 11 with 1392 viewsmarchy

Has he? His oft-berserk celebrations when he scored against us had led me to suspect otherwise!
Player rumours on 18:02 - May 11 with 1361 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Player rumours on 17:54 - May 11 by marchy

Has he? His oft-berserk celebrations when he scored against us had led me to suspect otherwise!

I'm the same, always felt he disliked us after being moved on. Maybe it was just Evans and Keane he didn't like.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Player rumours on 18:05 - May 11 with 1348 viewsPhilTWTD

Player rumours on 15:46 - May 11 by chrismakin

Phil. When Rhodes was linked before you said you didnt think it would be him but a singing like him ( his portfolio) any hints on who you think we are after striker wise.

I'm sure Waghorn will be on the list and think he fits PC's system. But I think he'll get Championship offers. I think players in that sort of mould will be what they're looking at, as well as identifying players from lower down they think can play higher.
Player rumours on 18:07 - May 11 with 1342 viewsPhilTWTD

Player rumours on 18:02 - May 11 by Cheltenham_Blue

I'm the same, always felt he disliked us after being moved on. Maybe it was just Evans and Keane he didn't like.

He's a really nice bloke from my few meetings with him. I don't think he's particularly petty like that, even if the circumstances surrounding his exit - basically being told the manager won't discuss it with you, as far as he's concerned you've been sold - probably still rankle a little bit. Still, he did alright having moved on.
Player rumours on 18:10 - May 11 with 1315 viewsJamestownPrince

a few players have turned up saying "Gizza job, any job" over the last few years then downed tools
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024