Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released 16:56 - May 11 with 1929 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Since we were last in the Prem.

Aside from Matty Holland, I think Neil Alexander has to be up there for me.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 16:58 - May 11 with 1438 viewschrismakin

Gardsoe

Dont sell him we get promoted again.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:00 - May 11 with 1430 viewsmr_bean

Neil Alexander is a good shout. He was in good form, and looked to be the solution to our goalkeeping problems until Rangers came calling.

I always thought that losing him was a bit of a pivotal moment for us.
What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:02 - May 11 with 1416 viewsGlasgowBlue

Was down for the last game Alexander played in against Plymouth on a cold Tuesday night. He saved a penalty and we drew 0-0.

Before the game I went into Planet Blue and bought my boy the black goalie’s kit. Was deciding whether to put Alexander in the back or my boy’s name.

When I got home the next morning the radio announced that Neil Alexander had joined Rangers. Thankfully I went with my boy’s name onthe shirt.

Alexander leaving probably cost us a top six place that season. It was gutting.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 17:03]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:06 - May 11 with 1366 viewsSteve_M

There are a few:

- Marcus Stewart, because it felt like the end of an era and indeed it was really;
Darren Ambrose, because we never really got to see him play;
- Jon Stead, because it made no sense at the time especially replacing him with an ageing Scotland;
- Daryl Murphy because of the timing and how poor we had been without him the year before.

Alexander I don't think was all that, let a lot of softish goals on early that season and then started saving penalties for fun (I think having never saved one in his career before).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:07 - May 11 with 1356 viewsSarge

Cresswell
What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:10 - May 11 with 1328 viewsjayessess

Darren Ambrose

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:11 - May 11 with 1325 viewsTractorCam

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:07 - May 11 by Sarge

Cresswell

Cressy to West Ham was sickening, McAuley was another big loss and then of course Daryl.

Not quite sold, but the release of the Hunt brothers was gutting for me, big loss of character in the dressing room.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:11 - May 11 with 1324 viewsswede

The breaking up of Sir Bobby's fantastic side in 1982/83 was heart breaking. The selling of Mick Mills to Southampton and Arnold Muhren to Man Utd were particularly hard to take. Brazil to Tottenham, Wark to Liverpool, Frans Thijssen to Nottm Forest, Mariner to Arsenal soon followed as the great team crumbled.

Edit, Sorry just noticed you were looking for players of the last 20 years!
[Post edited 11 May 2021 17:13]
Login to get fewer ads

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:12 - May 11 with 1316 viewsChiefXL

Taricco

Not too proud to admit I shed a tear
What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:13 - May 11 with 1304 viewsSamWhiteUK

I was quite disappointed to see Wickham go. Stead, Cresswell are other ones I remember.
What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:13 - May 11 with 1305 viewsChiefXL

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:12 - May 11 by ChiefXL

Taricco

Although I have just realised I didn't read the question properly

But the pain is still very real
What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:14 - May 11 with 1296 viewsyorkshire

I think both Rhodes and Wickham have to be in there - as does Darren Bent - appreciate we had to sell at least Wickham and Bent but would loved to have seen Rhodes in his prime in an Ipswich shirt

Jon Walters in another that we had to sell at the time but wish we'd kept him on.

Jack Marriot is an obvious one re releasing - although by all accounts it had to be done - can't think of too many others that have really gone on to do bigger an better things though (Veseli or O'Keefe have done OK)
What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:16 - May 11 with 1278 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:19 - May 11 with 1268 viewsipswich4life

Kelvin davis
What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:20 - May 11 with 1264 viewschicoazul

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:10 - May 11 by jayessess

Darren Ambrose

Yeah definitely Ambrose. Also Garvan.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:46 - May 11 with 1205 viewsPerublue

Easiest question for me to answer ever (basically no need to thunk 'bout it)

Ambrose ... it was not just him but what it meant and showed how things were standing and direction wise.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 17:51]

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:48 - May 11 with 1194 viewsGeoffSentence

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 16:58 - May 11 by chrismakin

Gardsoe

Dont sell him we get promoted again.

That was exactly what I as thinking. When we flogged him for peanuts I was really annoyed.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:49 - May 11 with 1183 viewsZXBlue

Rhodes.
What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:50 - May 11 with 1176 viewsMerseyBlue

Big Shefki

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:51 - May 11 with 1167 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Tarrico

Dozzell Senior

Bent

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:54 - May 11 with 1147 viewspatrickswell

Ambrose, Gaardsoe, Pablo in 2005 especially given he said he would have taken less money to sign a new deal then, Rhodes because his goalscoring record promised great things which he subsequently delivered on elsewhere. Mings because he would have stayed had we gone up in 2015. Murphy because it was the end of an era and Waghorn because it was the biggest risk of all those Hurst sold.
What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:54 - May 11 with 1143 viewsVic

Terry Butcher

That was when we knew that we really were finished as a force in the old 1st division, and struggle was all we could expect. And bar a few seasons it has been ever since.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 18:03 - May 11 with 1114 viewscatch74

Huws - more disappointed to see him this season, a shadow the player he could have been for us. Feels like 3 seasons waited for him to come back, he finally gets fit and he can’t play football any more. Sad for him more than anything else though, still in his prime.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 18:09 - May 11 with 1095 viewschrismakin

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 18:03 - May 11 by catch74

Huws - more disappointed to see him this season, a shadow the player he could have been for us. Feels like 3 seasons waited for him to come back, he finally gets fit and he can’t play football any more. Sad for him more than anything else though, still in his prime.

A 27 year old Huws

A name who would be top of most managers wish list

Unfortunately as you say just doesnt have the body for it anymore.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 18:11 - May 11 with 1093 viewssolemio

What player, have you been most disappointed to see sold or released on 17:12 - May 11 by ChiefXL

Taricco

You are Gav and I claim my £5.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024