Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else worrying… 17:19 - May 11 with 6444 viewschicoazul

…the club will have a Keane-style brain fart and get rid of Klug?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone else worrying… on 17:22 - May 11 with 3400 viewschrismakin

I've been thinking about this.

If he was to go... is it the worst thing?

I appreciate what hes done... but how do we know there isnt better...

I dont really know what he does to comment on it to much But if we are looking at Kierons comments about not creating higher standards of academy products does that start with Klug?

Btw. I have no idea. He may the best academy manager out there but if we are making changes for the future... is he another one who does need to go for us to move forward.....
[Post edited 11 May 2021 17:25]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Anyone else worrying… on 17:25 - May 11 with 3375 viewschicoazul

Anyone else worrying… on 17:22 - May 11 by chrismakin

I've been thinking about this.

If he was to go... is it the worst thing?

I appreciate what hes done... but how do we know there isnt better...

I dont really know what he does to comment on it to much But if we are looking at Kierons comments about not creating higher standards of academy products does that start with Klug?

Btw. I have no idea. He may the best academy manager out there but if we are making changes for the future... is he another one who does need to go for us to move forward.....
[Post edited 11 May 2021 17:25]

Brought through Ben Knight Charlie Brown Downes Woolf and Andre recently.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone else worrying… on 17:27 - May 11 with 3342 viewschrismakin

Anyone else worrying… on 17:25 - May 11 by chicoazul

Brought through Ben Knight Charlie Brown Downes Woolf and Andre recently.

But how is the academy itself.

Wasnt it spoken about a while back that it needs to be fixed. Streamlined (whatever that meant). And its not doing enough..

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Anyone else worrying… on 17:29 - May 11 with 3356 viewsitfcjoe

I can’t say I’m confident this coaching appointments are anything special, feels very job for the boys.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone else worrying… on 17:31 - May 11 with 3297 viewschrismakin

Anyone else worrying… on 17:29 - May 11 by itfcjoe

I can’t say I’m confident this coaching appointments are anything special, feels very job for the boys.

Joe. Who would you expect to come in.

I saw you say you're surprised at Jeffers. Why?
Coaching experience under his belt and plenty of football experience behind him. Also know the highs and lows of injuries so even better for mental health guidance.

Anyone else worrying… on 17:32 - May 11 with 3297 viewsTractorFrog

Yes, I have been worrying this. Getting rid of Klug would be a terrible idea. As well as those mentioned above, he has also brought through a team capable of getting to the semi-final of the FA Youth Cup.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Anyone else worrying… on 17:34 - May 11 with 3276 viewsSteve_M

Put it this way, I hope that it isn't Cook making all of the coaching appointments. The whole point about having a structure should be that things across the wider club aren't dependent on the first team manager.

Obviously Cook should be able to choose his own coaching team for the first team but not for the entire club.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 17:34]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone else worrying… on 17:38 - May 11 with 3225 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone else worrying… on 17:31 - May 11 by chrismakin

Joe. Who would you expect to come in.

I saw you say you're surprised at Jeffers. Why?
Coaching experience under his belt and plenty of football experience behind him. Also know the highs and lows of injuries so even better for mental health guidance.

An U23s coach - so not even a manager or assistant at any level - with a drink driving conviction in the last year and having sent death threats to his wife the year before us hardly the calibre I’m expecting.....alongside Roberts with no coaching experience and the former Wigan kit man.

None of those have anything like the experience of Leam Richardson did, or even some of the others linked

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else worrying… on 17:38 - May 11 with 3207 viewsjeera

I was surprised to read that Nash was off tbh, as I suppose I sort of figured the youngsters' part of the club would be treated as separate matter and be left alone.

Especially given the commitment and stability already there.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone else worrying… on 17:39 - May 11 with 3203 viewsborge

Yes. It feels a little bit like there is a general purge going on and whilst it's obvious we need freshening up and the dead wood to be removed, there is a danger we lose any sense of heritage and culture. If we lose touch with our cultural heritage what is the point? We just become another pointless entity rather than a 'club'. I am positive about the changes but as with any new management structure coming in, there is a danger that the baby will be thrown out with the bathwater....
Anyone else worrying… on 17:40 - May 11 with 3173 viewschrismakin

Anyone else worrying… on 17:38 - May 11 by itfcjoe

An U23s coach - so not even a manager or assistant at any level - with a drink driving conviction in the last year and having sent death threats to his wife the year before us hardly the calibre I’m expecting.....alongside Roberts with no coaching experience and the former Wigan kit man.

None of those have anything like the experience of Leam Richardson did, or even some of the others linked

Oooo didnt know that about the drink driving etc. Yep dont like him now. Hate anyone involved in that stuff.

Anyone else worrying… on 17:43 - May 11 with 3128 viewschrismakin

Anyone else worrying… on 17:39 - May 11 by borge

Yes. It feels a little bit like there is a general purge going on and whilst it's obvious we need freshening up and the dead wood to be removed, there is a danger we lose any sense of heritage and culture. If we lose touch with our cultural heritage what is the point? We just become another pointless entity rather than a 'club'. I am positive about the changes but as with any new management structure coming in, there is a danger that the baby will be thrown out with the bathwater....

We have been purchased by Americans with a pension pot
Paying nearly a million for a CEO

The ipswich of old is long gone I'm afraid.

The future will hopefully be bright but it's a new club.

Anyone else worrying… on 18:04 - May 11 with 3018 viewsgtsb1966

Anyone else worrying… on 17:40 - May 11 by chrismakin

Oooo didnt know that about the drink driving etc. Yep dont like him now. Hate anyone involved in that stuff.

You must hate a lot of people then. I would hazard a guess that nearly everyone on this board has driven while over the limit. Not deliberately of course but over the limit all the same.
Anyone else worrying… on 18:06 - May 11 with 2988 viewschrismakin

Anyone else worrying… on 18:04 - May 11 by gtsb1966

You must hate a lot of people then. I would hazard a guess that nearly everyone on this board has driven while over the limit. Not deliberately of course but over the limit all the same.

If they have then more fool them and glad they didnt kill somebody.

But yes I hate drink drivers. The most selfish and unnecessary act a person can do.

Anyone else worrying… on 18:11 - May 11 with 2962 viewsgtsb1966

Anyone else worrying… on 18:06 - May 11 by chrismakin

If they have then more fool them and glad they didnt kill somebody.

But yes I hate drink drivers. The most selfish and unnecessary act a person can do.

Yes not something i like either but im just saying. How many times do people have a few on a Saturday night then think it's ok to drive by Sunday lunch. We've all done it before. Football on a Sunday morning was the worst back in the day. There was always someone you knew who would drive to football having been in a night club until 2am. (I'm old. Clubs shut at 2am in those days)
Anyone else worrying… on 18:14 - May 11 with 2929 viewsBiGDonnie

FFS

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Anyone else worrying… on 18:17 - May 11 with 2914 viewsDanTheMan

Ah FFS, didn't know about the drink driving. That's me out.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Anyone else worrying… on 18:19 - May 11 with 2897 viewschrismakin

Anyone else worrying… on 18:17 - May 11 by DanTheMan

Ah FFS, didn't know about the drink driving. That's me out.

The 1 and only real concern I've had in the back of my mind about PC are the rumours of a drinking culture behind the scenes at previous clubs. I really hope this isnt where we are going and they are false rumours.

Anyone else worrying… on 18:22 - May 11 with 2864 viewsgtsb1966

Im very very surprised the club have employed him especially if he will be working with the youths. Hardly the person to look up to.
Anyone else worrying… on 18:24 - May 11 with 2843 viewschrismakin

Anyone else worrying… on 18:22 - May 11 by gtsb1966

Im very very surprised the club have employed him especially if he will be working with the youths. Hardly the person to look up to.

How on earth does he still get a DBS clearence with a drink drive and domestic abuse caution etc?

I'm guessing its coz it's not relevant to some extent.. but not a great role model.

Drink drive striker in norwood
Drink drive coach in Jeffers

What a club.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 18:25]

Anyone else worrying… on 18:29 - May 11 with 2798 viewsTieDyedIn95

Anyone else worrying… on 17:29 - May 11 by itfcjoe

A bit like Klug, Dyer, Nash, Pullen, Atay, Butcher (is he even still around, always felt like a PR move that one) and whoever else we have on our staff who were all on the books here at one point then?

You can't really be too critical of Cook for appointing people he wants to work with, rather than solely ex Ipswich players and youth team players.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Anyone else worrying… on 18:33 - May 11 with 2769 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone else worrying… on 18:22 - May 11 by gtsb1966

Yep, people aren’t perfect and it’s not an attempt to be holier than thou - but it’s not great characteristics on recent display from someone in a leadership role.

I think people forget what it what it was like before Mick came in with unprofessionalism from likes of Bullard, Taylor, Chopra, etc and I don’t really want to see us go back that way

Nothing wrong with wanting high calibre professionals / it’s what we seem to be getting on the non footballing side of things

Anyone else worrying… on 18:34 - May 11 with 2752 viewsVic

Really not sure about Jeffers. But the stats for everton u21 are pretty good. High scorers and finished 5th in the Prem U23s league.

Dies all feel a bit jobs for the boys, and not yet the level of clear out I’d expected. Really surprised after all his criticism of the team that it’s the old guard that have gone (so far)

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Anyone else worrying… on 18:35 - May 11 with 2745 viewsgtsb1966

Anyone else worrying… on 18:29 - May 11 by TieDyedIn95

A bit like Klug, Dyer, Nash, Pullen, Atay, Butcher (is he even still around, always felt like a PR move that one) and whoever else we have on our staff who were all on the books here at one point then?

You can't really be too critical of Cook for appointing people he wants to work with, rather than solely ex Ipswich players and youth team players.

Although im abit disappointed with the inexperienced coaching staff i get what you mean. Only time will tell i suppose. The Jeffers thing Joe mentioned doesn't sit right with me though. Not a good move imho especially at the start of a new era.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 18:39]
Anyone else worrying… on 18:37 - May 11 with 2723 views44_not_out

Anyone else worrying… on 17:40 - May 11 by chrismakin

Yet you’ll probably be at the unveiling of Beattie’s statue

Controversial but just saying
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024