Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bob Marley 21:56 - May 11 with 1869 viewsOldsmoker

Bob died 40 years ago today. Legend in my eyes. Saw him perform twice.
Bob isn't gone if you remember this.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Bob Marley on 22:00 - May 11 with 1853 viewsPendejo

And one from him for May 2022

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Bob Marley on 22:09 - May 11 with 1830 viewsOldsmoker

Bob Marley on 22:00 - May 11 by Pendejo

And one from him for May 2022

Good call.
A lot of his songs were about the struggle to overcome prejudice and discrimination. They all hold true today as although some things have changed for the better some things haven't.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Bob Marley on 22:22 - May 11 with 1809 viewsWeWereZombies

One of my favourites from the first Wailers album I bought:

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Bob Marley on 22:23 - May 11 with 1802 viewsPendejo

Come to think of it Bob foresaw May 2021

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Bob Marley on 23:01 - May 11 with 1760 viewsCoastalblue

One of my favourites, ridiculous to think he died at the age he did, makes you wonder what we were all robbed of, I mean he could be alive and making music now.

What a guy.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Bob Marley on 07:37 - May 12 with 1626 viewsDeano69

Have always enjoyed reggae but this has been heightened to a new level after a holiday in Jamaica as couple of years back.

He is viewed with god like status and very important still to the island.

A complex character but with a calmness about him. Offspring everywhere, he was quite prolific in that department.

A definite feel good factor when listening to his back catalogue

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Bob Marley on 07:53 - May 12 with 1613 viewsSharkey

I saw him in concert too, in Paris. (I was on a school exchange, and saw the Rolling Stones on the same trip, and leaned to play Space Invadrs in various 'tabacs'.)

I feel Marley is played on the radio less and less. I'd go as far as saying that 15 years ago if you heard Jamaican music of Marley's vintage more often than not it was his. Now I'd go as far as saying it almost never is - it's just as likely to be Toots Hibbert, Burning Spear or John Holt. And if it is Marley, it's the pre-Blackwell 'authentic' stuff. So when something like Exodus or 'So Much Trouble in the World'' DOES come on the radio, it sounds magnificent.
Bob Marley on 08:14 - May 12 with 1581 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Bob Marley on 07:53 - May 12 by Sharkey

I saw him in concert too, in Paris. (I was on a school exchange, and saw the Rolling Stones on the same trip, and leaned to play Space Invadrs in various 'tabacs'.)

I feel Marley is played on the radio less and less. I'd go as far as saying that 15 years ago if you heard Jamaican music of Marley's vintage more often than not it was his. Now I'd go as far as saying it almost never is - it's just as likely to be Toots Hibbert, Burning Spear or John Holt. And if it is Marley, it's the pre-Blackwell 'authentic' stuff. So when something like Exodus or 'So Much Trouble in the World'' DOES come on the radio, it sounds magnificent.

What kind of school trips did you go on?

Did you have liberal teachers passing the duchie?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

Bob Marley on 08:24 - May 12 with 1571 viewsIpswichKnight

The wife’s family from Jamaica know the Marley’s.
Bob Marley on 08:38 - May 12 with 1553 viewsKropotkin123

You missed a trick on this one....

.... Note that the third verse is constructed entirely of Bob Marley song titles

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Bob Marley on 08:40 - May 12 with 1552 viewsSharkey

Bob Marley on 08:14 - May 12 by BlueandTruesince82

What kind of school trips did you go on?

Did you have liberal teachers passing the duchie?

There were five or six of us and we just went to stay with families in Paris for a few weeks at the end of the school year. They pretty much let us run around the city as we wished. Marley played at an airport in early July. I remember how few white people were in the crowd. I was 17 but looked about 14, and people let us move to the front.
Bob Marley on 11:51 - May 12 with 1499 viewsleitrimblue

Bob Marley on 14:03 - May 12 with 1459 viewsRyorry

Bob Marley on 22:22 - May 11 by WeWereZombies

One of my favourites from the first Wailers album I bought:

Great thread.

My favs -

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bob Marley on 17:07 - May 12 with 1422 viewsPremierBlue

One of a kind!
Irreplaceable.
Still missing very much.
Bob Marley on 19:52 - May 12 with 1385 viewsnorth_stand77

Have always loved Bob Marley and wish I could have seen him live.

Did see Ziggy Marley live a couple of years ago tho, who sung a few of his dads songs.

I've always loved ska and reggae and went to Skafest a little while back which was what you might call 'one of lifes weird experiences'!. But the music was great.
Bob Marley on 22:36 - May 12 with 1349 viewsMelford

Bob Marley on 07:53 - May 12 by Sharkey

I'm really into my dub and am in a couple of groups and there is this feeling that the Island stuff isn't 'proper' reggae and it's commercial which I think is hipster BS.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Bob Marley on 22:54 - May 12 with 1344 viewsLord_Lucan

Can't say I'm a massive Reggae fan but growing up in The Racecourse with the brothers and Linford Edwards disco you sort of had to roll with it.

This was my fave I suppose.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Bob Marley on 22:59 - May 12 with 1341 viewsMelford

Bob Marley on 22:54 - May 12 by Lord_Lucan

Can't say I'm a massive Reggae fan but growing up in The Racecourse with the brothers and Linford Edwards disco you sort of had to roll with it.

This was my fave I suppose.

Roll with it is how I got into it.

Bob Marley on 23:47 - May 12 with 1322 viewsMelford

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024