Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? 12:07 - May 12 with 1746 viewsgiant_stow

Putting aside the rights and wrongs of it all, I'm awestruck-cum-terrified by this and can only guess at what people on both sides must be feeling right now.
[Post edited 12 May 2021 12:09]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 12:09 - May 12 with 1718 viewsbluelagos

Your link's not worked Ulla.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 12:11 - May 12 with 1707 viewsgiant_stow

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 12:09 - May 12 by bluelagos

Your link's not worked Ulla.

Sorry - try again now.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 12:36 - May 12 with 1620 viewsRyorry

I worked on 3 kibbutzim, 2-3 months each in N, central & S (Negev desert) of Israel in 1970. Israelis were living in constant fear then, & I'm sure that was the same on both sides - I think you have to have lived there to really understand. The mindset was always of living within a wagon circle & being under attack. The threats by various Arab countries just before the 6-day war of 1967 to "annihilate the State of Israel" were still fresh in the mind.

Seems nothing has changed since then - when the clip says "nothing has changed in years", the reality is decades.
[Post edited 12 May 2021 12:42]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 13:16 - May 12 with 1550 viewsHARRY10

If consistently stealing land from another country amounts to little has changed then the thought is yes

little has changed

"“US officials in recent weeks have spoken candidly with Israeli officials about how evictions of Palestinian families who have lived for years, sometimes decades, in their homes, and how demolitions of these homes, work against our common interests and achieving a solution to the conflict.”
Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 13:22 - May 12 with 1515 viewsBlueBadger

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 13:16 - May 12 by HARRY10

If consistently stealing land from another country amounts to little has changed then the thought is yes

little has changed

"“US officials in recent weeks have spoken candidly with Israeli officials about how evictions of Palestinian families who have lived for years, sometimes decades, in their homes, and how demolitions of these homes, work against our common interests and achieving a solution to the conflict.”

And the the countdown to thread deletion begins...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 13:36 - May 12 with 1462 viewsHARRY10

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 13:22 - May 12 by BlueBadger

That adds considerably to the discussion
Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 13:42 - May 12 with 1436 viewsStokieBlue

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 13:16 - May 12 by HARRY10

little has changed

Whilst it's definitely wrong what Israel are doing it's also wrong to bombard a civilian population with large scale rocket attacks.

Imagine if Israel didn't have the missile defense system, the damage to civilians would have been huge and the retaliation even bigger.

It's hard to see how the actions of Hamas are helping anything really. It's a depressing situation.

SB
[Post edited 12 May 2021 13:45]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 13:45 - May 12 with 1411 viewsRyorry

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 13:22 - May 12 by BlueBadger

We could play it out in microcosm on here though, in lieu of an actual war there - that'd be helpful .. :)

One thing I'd like though is the historical background from Guthers, along the lines of "whose land really is it anyway?" - going back 2-3,000 years ...
[Post edited 12 May 2021 13:47]

Login to get fewer ads

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 13:52 - May 12 with 1368 viewsEwan_Oozami

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 13:45 - May 12 by Ryorry

We could play it out in microcosm on here though, in lieu of an actual war there - that'd be helpful .. :)

One thing I'd like though is the historical background from Guthers, along the lines of "whose land really is it anyway?" - going back 2-3,000 years ...

Start with Abraham :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 13:55 - May 12 with 1351 viewsClapham_Junction

The Iron Dome system is one of the most impressive bits of military hardware around. A friend living in Be'er Sheva shared a video a few years ago that he'd filmed from his balcony of it taking out rockets heading his way.

When they started developing it there was lots of negativity (including from inside the IDF). Thankfully it was forced through by the then-Defence Minister Amir Peretz, who was a bit of an outsider.

(it was also originally planned to use lasers rather than counter-missiles)
Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 14:08 - May 12 with 1297 viewsbrazil1982

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 13:42 - May 12 by StokieBlue

Whilst it's definitely wrong what Israel are doing it's also wrong to bombard a civilian population with large scale rocket attacks.

Imagine if Israel didn't have the missile defense system, the damage to civilians would have been huge and the retaliation even bigger.

It's hard to see how the actions of Hamas are helping anything really. It's a depressing situation.

SB

Imagine Iran didn't fund and arm Hamas.
Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 14:10 - May 12 with 1293 viewsStokieBlue

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 14:08 - May 12 by brazil1982

Imagine if the Israeli's didn't kick people out of their homes and take their land.

See, it's easy to play this game. There are issues on both sides and both sides are unwilling to move on any of them so this will continue to repeat every so often which is a tragedy.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 14:19 - May 12 with 1266 viewsKropotkin123

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 13:52 - May 12 by Ewan_Oozami

Start with Abraham :-)

Interestingly, when I went to Israel for a wedding, above the gates of the old city, it says "God is great and his friend is Abraham" rather than "God is great and Muhammad is his prophet" in and old form of Arabic. Basically a centuries old declaration that Muslims and Jews were friends and both had a right to the city.

I say interesting, but after I typed that, I suspect very few probably find it interesting, haha

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 14:21 - May 12 with 1256 viewsleitrimblue

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 13:45 - May 12 by Ryorry

Hi there Ryorry, I would suggest that the 'whose land is it anyway?'-going back 2-3000 years.. is a large part of the problem. If you think of it in a Suffolk context, it would be like saying only people who can trace themselves directly back to the iceni have legitimate right to be in the county and everyone else will be treated as lower class citizens. Would be a crazy policy. I'd also add that ancient history is a very messy and far from accurate subject, roughly it's using a handful of sources to tell a enormous inaccurate narrative.
Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 14:21 - May 12 with 1251 viewsKropotkin123

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 14:08 - May 12 by brazil1982

They'd probably lose the Saudi-Iranian Cold War if they stopped funding different religious groups in the region. Not an effective tactic.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 14:25 - May 12 with 1215 viewsKropotkin123

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 14:21 - May 12 by leitrimblue

Hi there Ryorry, I would suggest that the 'whose land is it anyway?'-going back 2-3000 years.. is a large part of the problem. If you think of it in a Suffolk context, it would be like saying only people who can trace themselves directly back to the iceni have legitimate right to be in the county and everyone else will be treated as lower class citizens. Would be a crazy policy. I'd also add that ancient history is a very messy and far from accurate subject, roughly it's using a handful of sources to tell a enormous inaccurate narrative.

Iceni???? The Norfolk tribe that encroached on my Suffolk-born Trinovantes ancestors. Don't open old wounds!
[Post edited 12 May 2021 14:28]

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 14:34 - May 12 with 1173 viewsleitrimblue

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 14:25 - May 12 by Kropotkin123

Iceni???? The Norfolk tribe that encroached on my Suffolk-born Trinovantes ancestors. Don't open old wounds!
[Post edited 12 May 2021 14:28]

Norfolk and Suffolk are very modern concepts obviously. Believe iceni came down to close to the area of the River stour. Roughly iceni in Norfolk and most of Suffolk down to just North of the modern Essex boundary. Trinovantes in Essex and possibly a small area North of River stour
Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 14:34 - May 12 with 1170 viewsRyorry

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 14:19 - May 12 by Kropotkin123

Interestingly, when I went to Israel for a wedding, above the gates of the old city, it says "God is great and his friend is Abraham" rather than "God is great and Muhammad is his prophet" in and old form of Arabic. Basically a centuries old declaration that Muslims and Jews were friends and both had a right to the city.

I say interesting, but after I typed that, I suspect very few probably find it interesting, haha

Well I for one do find it very interesting! - and would obviously much rather go with that philosophy than Leitrim's analysis :)

Two sets of people tearing themselves to pieces for the benefit of none reveals that humankind's capacity to think and/or apply sound thinking "for the greater good" has reached only a very limited stage. See also #ClimateChange & #ToriesVLabourAndOtherOpposition.

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 14:41 - May 12 with 1144 viewsgiant_stow

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 14:19 - May 12 by Kropotkin123

Nope, that was interesting. ta.

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 15:00 - May 12 with 1105 viewsleitrimblue

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 14:34 - May 12 by Ryorry

Well I for one do find it very interesting! - and would obviously much rather go with that philosophy than Leitrim's analysis :)

Two sets of people tearing themselves to pieces for the benefit of none reveals that humankind's capacity to think and/or apply sound thinking "for the greater good" has reached only a very limited stage. See also #ClimateChange & #ToriesVLabourAndOtherOpposition.

Kropot's was clearly the more interesting and less nerdy. Mine was just more historically correct
Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 15:35 - May 12 with 1027 viewsDarth_Koont

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 14:10 - May 12 by StokieBlue

Imagine if the Israeli's didn't kick people out of their homes and take their land.

See, it's easy to play this game. There are issues on both sides and both sides are unwilling to move on any of them so this will continue to repeat every so often which is a tragedy.

SB

Indeed. And it’s a scandal that the major international influences aren’t about de-escalation and peaceful negotiation but about empowering extremists.

Iran and Hamas terrorists on one side and the US (plus UK) empowering the reactionary, ethno-religious Israeli nationalists who want to colonize Palestinian territories into oblivion.

We should be taking a very long hard look at ourselves over enabling much of this.

Pronouns: He/Him

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 17:58 - May 12 with 874 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 13:42 - May 12 by StokieBlue

SB

Imagine a state going to all that effort to allow a bunch of racists to march.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 18:07 - May 12 with 842 viewsFelstow1978

Maybe proves Corbyn was right all along

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Has everyone seen this video of the Israel rocket attacks? on 18:08 - May 12 with 841 viewsZXBlue

little has changed

Whilst they jump and shout about the palestinians view that they do not believe israel should exist, I strongly suspect that if they stopped taking land and evicting people (and pulled out of the places they have already done it) the situaiton would settle massively, very quickly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024