Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeffers in as 1st team coach 12:24 - May 12 with 6211 viewsitfcjoe

Hopefully an Assistant sorted soon as that feels the key appointment

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:26 - May 12 with 3009 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm going to say it will be Noel Hunt. Think the kitman is close to joining as well.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:26 - May 12 with 3003 viewshype313

Would like to think Kieron might be in with a shout.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:26 - May 12 with 3014 viewsDanTheMan

Well still not happy about the off field stuff but hopefully he'll be professional here and a good coach.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:27 - May 12 with 2949 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:26 - May 12 by DanTheMan

Well still not happy about the off field stuff but hopefully he'll be professional here and a good coach.

If he helps them in attacking movement I'm all for it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:28 - May 12 with 2941 viewsElderGrizzly

Indeed. Clean slate and all that.

We've just convinced a Premier League U23 *coach* with 5 years experience to join a L1 club, so that's not a bad move for us. And a chance for him to prove himself as a first team coach.
[Post edited 12 May 2021 13:02]
Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:29 - May 12 with 2902 viewsportmanking

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:26 - May 12 by Kieran_Knows

I'm going to say it will be Noel Hunt. Think the kitman is close to joining as well.

The kitman was a done deal on the same day as Jeffers last week.
Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:31 - May 12 with 2853 viewsWeirdFishes

Is it normal to have two 'First Team Coaches' or is that a full title for a standard coach? Was always under the impressions 'first team coach' and 'coach' were two separate roles.

Hopefully McGreal comes in as the assistant, someone like Noel Hunt doesn't fill me with confidence.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:32 - May 12 with 2852 viewsitfcjoe

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:26 - May 12 by Kieran_Knows

He seemed highly rated at Swindon, him and Wellens did a great job there at a car crash of a club

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:32 - May 12 with 2830 viewsChurchman

Agree with that. I hope KD is in with a shout for that. I guess it depends what Cook and is after.

As far as Jeffers is concerned, it’s a fresh start and new opportunity for him. I hope he takes it.
Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:33 - May 12 with 2832 viewsKieran_Knows

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:32 - May 12 by itfcjoe

He seemed highly rated at Swindon, him and Wellens did a great job there at a car crash of a club

... and yet again, another one Cook knows from his time at Wigan.

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:33 - May 12 with 2808 viewsclive_baker

If he can make Norwood a bit more clinical, and we can get him fit, we've got a good striker on our hands at this level. He definitely gets into the right areas.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:35 - May 12 with 2771 viewsBeckets

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:29 - May 12 by portmanking

The kitman was a done deal on the same day as Jeffers last week.

Ian Craney, another scouser.
Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:36 - May 12 with 2759 viewsElderGrizzly

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:32 - May 12 by Churchman

Agree with that. I hope KD is in with a shout for that. I guess it depends what Cook and is after.

As far as Jeffers is concerned, it’s a fresh start and new opportunity for him. I hope he takes it.

Forgetting the blue-tinted glasses, what makes KD a realistic choice for assistant manager?

Jeffers with 5 years experience at a PL club is employed as a first team coach. What has KD got? 1 year in L1 at U23 level plus some experience with the academy?

I know it's not all about numbers, but I hope Cook gets someone with a bit more experience. Although I can't see how McGreal would work. He seems too senior?
Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:36 - May 12 with 2748 viewschrismakin

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:35 - May 12 by Beckets

Ian Craney, another scouser.

is it to replace Pullen as Kitman or another role?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:36 - May 12 with 2748 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:31 - May 12 by WeirdFishes

Is it normal to have two 'First Team Coaches' or is that a full title for a standard coach? Was always under the impressions 'first team coach' and 'coach' were two separate roles.

Hopefully McGreal comes in as the assistant, someone like Noel Hunt doesn't fill me with confidence.

Thought the same, We seem to up upping our number of first team coaches. Unless the roles will be diversified to also have input at U23 and Academy levels?

That would make sense with joined up thinking from Academy to First Team, and might make the release of Nash have a bit more to it.
[Post edited 12 May 2021 12:38]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:39 - May 12 with 2706 viewsSomethingBlue

Going to reserve judgment on that until we see the final setup. Hopefully we strike the right balance as we don't want to have *both* too many coaches *and* too little experience. Cook/McGreal (or other senior coach)/Jeffers/Roberts/Dyer would not be terrible as long as all had clear roles. Still a lot of bodies though.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:50 - May 12 with 2579 viewsIllinoisblue

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:31 - May 12 by WeirdFishes

Does feel like too many cooks in (Cook’s) kitchen. Feels a bit like that off the field too... Ashton, O’Leary, the Americans... who’s in charge?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:52 - May 12 with 2559 viewsKieran_Knows

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:50 - May 12 by Illinoisblue

Does feel like too many cooks in (Cook’s) kitchen. Feels a bit like that off the field too... Ashton, O’Leary, the Americans... who’s in charge?

Ashton is in charge, which Detmer confirmed (as the others have as well I think).

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:53 - May 12 with 2553 viewsSomethingBlue

Dunno, the ownership/Ashton structure seems fairly clear and not at all unusual to me. Think there is an extent to which we are unused to seeing people actually occupying key roles! The coaching staff is another thing though and at the moment it's hard to tell how that shakes down, I agree.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 13:00 - May 12 with 2461 viewsIllinoisblue

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:53 - May 12 by SomethingBlue

Dunno, the ownership/Ashton structure seems fairly clear and not at all unusual to me. Think there is an extent to which we are unused to seeing people actually occupying key roles! The coaching staff is another thing though and at the moment it's hard to tell how that shakes down, I agree.

I just need an org chart and then I’ll be happy! It is indeed such a change from Evans+1 trying to do everything. Going to be quite the ride.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 13:01 - May 12 with 2441 viewsPhilTWTD

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:39 - May 12 by SomethingBlue

Going to reserve judgment on that until we see the final setup. Hopefully we strike the right balance as we don't want to have *both* too many coaches *and* too little experience. Cook/McGreal (or other senior coach)/Jeffers/Roberts/Dyer would not be terrible as long as all had clear roles. Still a lot of bodies though.

I think Kieron might well be the assistant, although this is me speculating.
Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 13:03 - May 12 with 2416 viewsFixed_It

Sometimes a change of environment and a fresh start is what is needed to refocus and reinvigorate. He deserves a chance to put a troubled couple of years behind him.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 13:03 - May 12 with 2406 viewsElderGrizzly

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 13:01 - May 12 by PhilTWTD

I think Kieron might well be the assistant, although this is me speculating.

I can see why Cook would want someone much less experienced in that role.

McGreal would be like having 2 managers and maybe a ready made replacement breathing down his neck?
Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 13:03 - May 12 with 2399 viewschrismakin

O'Leary, silent Non Executive Chairman - we won't hear to much from him
Ashton, CEO, in charge of everything club related
American's - more supporters imo, community builders, the vocal part of the club

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 13:13 - May 12 with 2319 viewsChurchman

Jeffers in as 1st team coach on 12:36 - May 12 by ElderGrizzly

Forgetting the blue-tinted glasses, what makes KD a realistic choice for assistant manager?

Jeffers with 5 years experience at a PL club is employed as a first team coach. What has KD got? 1 year in L1 at U23 level plus some experience with the academy?

I know it's not all about numbers, but I hope Cook gets someone with a bit more experience. Although I can't see how McGreal would work. He seems too senior?

42 years old, played at the highest level and further down for a variety of clubs. He has coached at various age ranges. He knows the football club, what works and what doesn’t. Dyer is clearly ambitious and whenever interviewed always comes across well with a broad view about the club, players and game. I do have blue tinted glasses, ski and standard sunnys, but I’m not wearing them.

We are established mid table third division. I’d say it’s the perfect next step for him if he fits what PC wants.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024