Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town 12:50 - May 12 with 1640 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/40308/former-bristol-city-head-of-sports

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 12:54 - May 12 with 1592 viewshoppy

"Born in Gawler, South Australia"

Which part of Merseyside is that?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 12:55 - May 12 with 1585 viewsRedX

I bet the Bristol City fans are saying that Andy Costin is the worse head of sports science in the whole wide world.
Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 13:00 - May 12 with 1525 viewsSteve_M

Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 12:55 - May 12 by RedX

I bet the Bristol City fans are saying that Andy Costin is the worse head of sports science in the whole wide world.

I'm sure we'll have 15 threads to 'prove' it by the end of the day.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 13:03 - May 12 with 1498 viewsChurchman

With a refurbed football ground, surely there’s toilets, chairs, boardroom table, toaster, washing machine and kettle we can purloin. We seem to be nabbing everything else.
Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 13:09 - May 12 with 1470 viewsSpruceMoose

A P.E teacher?!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 13:10 - May 12 with 1461 viewschrismakin

Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 13:09 - May 12 by SpruceMoose

A P.E teacher?!

I love the first part

I tried got told no
tried again, no
tried again, no

then a got a favour from a mate........ lol

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 13:18 - May 12 with 1399 viewsBiGDonnie

Have Bristol City got any staff left?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 13:24 - May 12 with 1355 viewsSteve_M

Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 13:09 - May 12 by SpruceMoose

A P.E teacher?!

It's almost as if studying sports science has considerable usefulness for both roles.

Login to get fewer ads

Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 14:55 - May 12 with 1099 viewschrismakin

Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 12:55 - May 12 by RedX

they are laughing

one makes a good point

Costin did nothing and then became head of sports science within 4 weeks

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 15:11 - May 12 with 1062 viewschrismakin

in charge of monitoring the players’ output in training and games, analysing data and workloads to help manager Dean Holden.

“A lot of what I do is around athlete monitoring and loading, so subjective questionnaires in the morning, or post-match screenings, in terms of fatigue monitoring,” he explained.

“Then on the pitch, doing all the GPS stuff and clipping all of that, basically making sure we’re hitting targets that we should be during the week to optimise our performance come game-day.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/meet-the-aussie-teacher-living-his-dream-at-bris

Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 15:15 - May 12 with 1044 viewsSwansea_Blue

Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 14:55 - May 12 by chrismakin

they are laughing

one makes a good point

Costin did nothing and then became head of sports science within 4 weeks

Maybe he’s quick at this life long learning stuff

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 15:16 - May 12 with 1033 viewschrismakin

Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 15:15 - May 12 by Swansea_Blue

Maybe he’s quick at this life long learning stuff

Seems determined based on his desire to move over here to follow his dream of making it in the game

Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 15:16 - May 12 with 1034 viewsbringonthetractor

Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 12:54 - May 12 by hoppy

"Born in Gawler, South Australia"

Which part of Merseyside is that?

That's in Queensland!

Queensland's everywheeeeeeeerrrrreee

Evans out

Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 15:22 - May 12 with 1017 viewsSteve_M

Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 15:11 - May 12 by chrismakin

in charge of monitoring the players’ output in training and games, analysing data and workloads to help manager Dean Holden.

“A lot of what I do is around athlete monitoring and loading, so subjective questionnaires in the morning, or post-match screenings, in terms of fatigue monitoring,” he explained.

“Then on the pitch, doing all the GPS stuff and clipping all of that, basically making sure we’re hitting targets that we should be during the week to optimise our performance come game-day.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/meet-the-aussie-teacher-living-his-dream-at-bris

That's a helpful link where you should have started a new thread or it will get lost!

The man has a work ethic:

"Two years ago, he approached nearly half of the professional clubs in the English pyramid, before eventually earning a role with League Two side Stevenage.

“I got turned down by 35-40 clubs for an internship,” Costin explained.

“I couldn’t get anyone to give me an internship for the 2018-19 season. Then into the 2019-20 season I couldn’t get anyone to give me a go either. Eventually Stevenage gave me a go and I managed to get an internship there.

“And then, after four weeks, I got made head of sports science. I’m a believer in life-long learning, coming from an education background, so I was always trying to better myself and better my learning. So that took me to Brentford just for a visit.

“And then my real break came, I went to Sparta Prague for a couple of days while I was working at Stevenage. I spent time with Ben Ashworth over there who was a physio at Arsenal for many years and now he’s the director of performance at Sparta Prague.

“It was basically that connection, so after Christmas I got a call from Andrew Rolls who’s the head of performance at Bristol City.

Former Bristol City Head of Sports Science Costin Set to Join Town on 16:02 - May 12 with 960 viewsel_nino

I’ve worked with Andy, he’s a great guy and really knows his stuff. He will be an asset.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024