Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bad boys 15:25 - May 12 with 3176 viewsurbanblue

Whenever I read complaints about the behaviour of Norwood and now our new coach I wonder what you would have made of Kevin Beattie. He was no angel and got himself in a few pickles in his time here.

Lets just sign pure angels eh, and see how that goes.
Bad boys on 15:28 - May 12 with 2185 viewsfooters

Bad boys
Stick together, never sad boys
Good guys
They made rules for fools, so get wise

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Bad boys on 15:30 - May 12 with 2170 viewsFtnfwest

Bad boys on 15:28 - May 12 by footers

Bad boys
Stick together, never sad boys
Good guys
They made rules for fools, so get wise

hey sucker, what the hells got into you?
Bad boys on 15:31 - May 12 with 2159 viewsstopmoaning

Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

But yeah, I agree, and its not like he actually does anything really bad (mainly).

And he is a good striker, if he finished every chance, he wouldn't be playing for us, he would be in the premier league.
Bad boys on 15:33 - May 12 with 2118 viewschrismakin

Bad boys on 15:31 - May 12 by stopmoaning

Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

But yeah, I agree, and its not like he actually does anything really bad (mainly).

And he is a good striker, if he finished every chance, he wouldn't be playing for us, he would be in the premier league.

So next time he drinks and drives but kills a family, is it just bantz and being a bad boy?
[Post edited 12 May 2021 15:34]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bad boys on 15:33 - May 12 with 2122 viewsStokieBlue

Perhaps times and opinions have moved on in 40 years?

Perhaps the role of players has also moved on in that time?

Perhaps it hasn't for many in which case your statement is true.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Bad boys on 15:33 - May 12 with 2116 viewsBluespeed225

Your quite right, but those lads of that era were also very very good. I don't think Beat would have been much of a twitter user. Mills would have been, followed by Sivell i reckon. Baxter and Carroll, they might have gone for the Beckham 'delicate plaster over the eye' route? Nah. Butcher and Osman, beers in hand at 7am after Colonge would have been a good tweet. What other 'Fantasy tweets' can readers come up with?
Bad boys on 15:34 - May 12 with 2108 viewsDanTheMan

Do good players need to be drink drivers? I must have missed all the other cases.

I really don't think "someone without multiple criminal convictions" is an ridiculously high bar to expect tbh.
[Post edited 12 May 2021 15:37]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Bad boys on 15:34 - May 12 with 2095 viewsJ2BLUE

Agreed. Not that it justifies the behaviour of Jeffers or anyone else but you are right. Some of our biggest legends had very questionable traits.

Edit: Think a couple of posters have taken this as some sort of defence of Jeffers rather than a comment about double standards. I am not defending Jeffers.
[Post edited 12 May 2021 15:59]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Bad boys on 15:36 - May 12 with 2063 viewsjayessess

The seeming willingness of many to treat domestic abuse as just a bit of "naughtiness" of no real seriousness is really sad to me.

To my knowledge, Beattie not being an angel involved skipping the odd training session. It's a wildly offensive comparison.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Bad boys on 15:36 - May 12 with 2061 viewsclive_baker

I mean it's not entirely unreasonable to be a bit concerned about his past given the nature of the incidents he's been involved in. It's certainly not a great look is it? Personally I think people deserve a second chance, and if the courts have deemed it appropriate that he still has his freedoms and his ability to work, he should be able to exercise those rights.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bad boys on 15:37 - May 12 with 2025 viewschrismakin

Life and Acceptance of certain behaviours has changed.

Years ago, it was a mans right to expect your wife to have your dinner on the table, to do the cleaning, to do everytihing a 'women' should do.

Years ago, it was wrong to be gay

Thankfully the world has changed, had Beattie done what he did in today's world, no it wouldn't be accepted.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bad boys on 15:37 - May 12 with 2001 viewsPositivelyPortman

Bad boys on 15:33 - May 12 by chrismakin

So next time he drinks and drives but kills a family, is it just bantz and being a bad boy?
[Post edited 12 May 2021 15:34]

It’d be ok if it was Boris Johnson though.
Nothing sticks to that pr!ck.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Bad boys on 15:37 - May 12 with 2012 viewsSpruceMoose

I don't care about the online bantz stuff - that just makes him look foolish but is easy enough to ignore. Again, his fast and loose attituded towards staying fir ultimately only impacts him, as if he can't play, we will just replace him.

Having had a relative mowed down and killed by a drunk driver hower, that I do care about.

Drink driving (especially when you're as wealthy as Norwood is) is a massively scummy and selfish act, and trying to pass it off as just being a bit of a naughty scamp is incredibly dismissive and borderline offensive. Basically, having been arrested twice for it now, I'm fairly confident in my assessment that Norwood has a deficient character.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Bad boys on 15:38 - May 12 with 2007 viewsElephantintheRoom

Erm Beattie wasn't 'bad' as such - just a bit unreliable in his personal life, which given his background was hardly a surprise. Something of a pity he didnt get more guidance from the powers that be at the time, though John Cobbold was probably not the right role model either.

Kieron Dyer... now there was a guy who knew hown to make exploitive videos, book hotel rooms for other people, burn money and wee in public places - and he seemed to get injured a lot as well.

Clearly a great role model

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Bad boys on 15:38 - May 12 with 1986 viewsSpruceMoose

Bad boys on 15:36 - May 12 by clive_baker

I mean it's not entirely unreasonable to be a bit concerned about his past given the nature of the incidents he's been involved in. It's certainly not a great look is it? Personally I think people deserve a second chance, and if the courts have deemed it appropriate that he still has his freedoms and his ability to work, he should be able to exercise those rights.

*third chance

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Bad boys on 15:41 - May 12 with 1954 viewsSwailsey

No.

But if they are representing my club, I would rather they weren't:

Drink-drivers
Domestic abusers

I don't think that is unreasonable.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Bad boys on 15:41 - May 12 with 1933 viewsSpruceMoose

Bad boys on 15:41 - May 12 by Swailsey

No.

But if they are representing my club, I would rather they weren't:

Drink-drivers
Domestic abusers

I don't think that is unreasonable.

Can we also add 'Dress up in Blackface' to that list? Seems reasonable to me.

Bad boys on 15:43 - May 12 with 1926 viewsjayessess

For clarity - threatening to murder your ex-partner makes you a fcking scumbag not a "bad boy".

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Bad boys on 15:44 - May 12 with 1912 viewshype313

Bad boys on 15:38 - May 12 by ElephantintheRoom

Erm Beattie wasn't 'bad' as such - just a bit unreliable in his personal life, which given his background was hardly a surprise. Something of a pity he didnt get more guidance from the powers that be at the time, though John Cobbold was probably not the right role model either.

Kieron Dyer... now there was a guy who knew hown to make exploitive videos, book hotel rooms for other people, burn money and wee in public places - and he seemed to get injured a lot as well.

Clearly a great role model

That burning money story is nonsense.

Some pi55ed up bloke thought he'd start a story cause he was bored standing in the queue outside Liberty's.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Bad boys on 15:47 - May 12 with 1880 viewsurbanblue

Bad boys on 15:36 - May 12 by jayessess

The seeming willingness of many to treat domestic abuse as just a bit of "naughtiness" of no real seriousness is really sad to me.

To my knowledge, Beattie not being an angel involved skipping the odd training session. It's a wildly offensive comparison.

i was going to write about a certain incident but thought better of it in memory of a legend.

It certainly wasn't just missing the odd training session.

As an aside I recall seeing Beattie and Hunter legless in Oscars one night.
Bad boys on 15:47 - May 12 with 1876 viewsSteve_M

Bad boys on 15:44 - May 12 by hype313

That burning money story is nonsense.

Some pi55ed up bloke thought he'd start a story cause he was bored standing in the queue outside Liberty's.

And wasn't it also claimed about Dozzell previously? It's probably only covid that's stopped the same claim being made about Norwood.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Bad boys on 15:50 - May 12 with 1833 viewshype313

Bad boys on 15:47 - May 12 by Steve_M

And wasn't it also claimed about Dozzell previously? It's probably only covid that's stopped the same claim being made about Norwood.

Yep, I was actually there that night when Kieron tried to queue jump, and to be fair most people in his position would try that, the bouncers were having none of it, and I remember someone shouting "Look at him burning £50 notes in front of the doorman" absolute garbage, and to be fair to Keiron he then just went to the back of the queue.

Amazing how nonsense stories like this can define someone.

Not saying Kieron was an angel by any stretch, don't think any of us were when we were 19, he was just more in the public eye than the rest of us.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Bad boys on 15:53 - May 12 with 1780 viewsclive_baker

Bad boys on 15:47 - May 12 by Steve_M

Although there's one very obvious factor that would probably prevent such accusations being levelled at Norwood, when you consider the string of players that have had this myth perpetuated by tw@ts from Ipswich.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bad boys on 15:53 - May 12 with 1782 viewsHerbivore

It is possible to be successful in your chosen career without commiting domestic abuse or drink driving. I'm sure many of us on here have managed it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bad boys on 15:59 - May 12 with 1667 viewsSteve_M

Bad boys on 15:53 - May 12 by clive_baker

Although there's one very obvious factor that would probably prevent such accusations being levelled at Norwood, when you consider the string of players that have had this myth perpetuated by tw@ts from Ipswich.

Yes, there is that too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024