Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bad boys 15:25 - May 12 with 3173 viewsurbanblue

Whenever I read complaints about the behaviour of Norwood and now our new coach I wonder what you would have made of Kevin Beattie. He was no angel and got himself in a few pickles in his time here.

Lets just sign pure angels eh, and see how that goes.
Bad boys on 16:00 - May 12 with 546 viewsusm

Bad boys on 15:53 - May 12 by Herbivore

It is possible to be successful in your chosen career without commiting domestic abuse or drink driving. I'm sure many of us on here have managed it.

Of course not, but by the same stretch very few successful people are "good guys/gals".
You dont get to the top by being nice. So, do you want a bad guy winner or a good guy loser? Your choice.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Bad boys on 16:03 - May 12 with 520 viewsurbanblue

It is possible to be successful in your chosen career without commiting domestic abuse or drink driving. I'm sure many of us on here have managed it.

Of course you're correct. I was being quite flippant in the OP. There are many great players and Managers who have had quite questionable records in their personal lives and I guess I'm asking the question as to whether the club should only sign players and staff with an unblemished personal history?
[Post edited 12 May 2021 16:05]
Bad boys on 16:06 - May 12 with 510 viewsBiGDonnie

Anyone who sends death threats is a t*sser.

Anyone who sends death threats to their ex wife, who potentially has your children, is a complete and utter pr*ck who I have no time for.

The banter era is well and truly alive and kicking, lads!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Bad boys on 16:06 - May 12 with 504 viewsstopmoaning

Bad boys on 15:33 - May 12 by chrismakin

So next time he drinks and drives but kills a family, is it just bantz and being a bad boy?
[Post edited 12 May 2021 15:34]

Didn’t think there had been a judgment on that yet? Unless I’ve missed it.
Bad boys on 16:07 - May 12 with 489 viewsSpruceMoose

Bad boys on 16:00 - May 12 by usm

Of course not, but by the same stretch very few successful people are "good guys/gals".
You dont get to the top by being nice. So, do you want a bad guy winner or a good guy loser? Your choice.

"very few successful people are "good guys/gals" You dont get to the top by being nice. "

This is very much an unsuccessful person's idea of how to become successful.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Bad boys on 16:08 - May 12 with 475 viewsSpruceMoose

Bad boys on 16:06 - May 12 by stopmoaning

Edit - misunderstood what you were referencing - apologies.
[Post edited 12 May 2021 16:10]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Bad boys on 16:08 - May 12 with 485 viewsDanTheMan

There has, he admitted the offence and was given a 12 month restraining order.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Bad boys on 16:08 - May 12 with 484 viewsjayessess

Bad boys on 16:03 - May 12 by urbanblue

Of course you're correct. I was being quite flippant in the OP. There are many great players and Managers who have had quite questionable records in their personal lives and I guess I'm asking the question as to whether the club should only sign players and staff with an unblemished personal history?

The club should indeed draw the line at people who threaten to murder their ex-partners, yes.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Bad boys on 16:10 - May 12 with 470 viewsHerbivore

What utter nonsense.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bad boys on 16:12 - May 12 with 467 viewsBlueBadger

As everyone else has countered this utter nonsense with sensible, reason posts, I'll just add 'give over, you massive fanny' to the debate.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bad boys on 16:14 - May 12 with 450 viewsBlueBadger

I'm in one of the most coveted jobs in my Trust and I've managed it without doing any of the dickish things you seem to think are necessary.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Bad boys on 16:14 - May 12 with 457 viewsHerbivore

Bad boys on 16:03 - May 12 by urbanblue

Depends on what the blemishes are to be honest. We're talking about someone convicted of drink driving and of making threats to his ex-wife in the last 2 years. For me those are pretty significant blemishes. I'd imagine there are plenty of other coaches with similar CVs to Jeffers that don't have those kinds of blemishes. If it was a couple of parking tickets then fair enough, none of us are perfect, but drink driving and domestic abuse aren't minor mishaps.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bad boys on 16:14 - May 12 with 443 viewsBlueBadger

Bad boys on 16:07 - May 12 by SpruceMoose

"very few successful people are "good guys/gals" You dont get to the top by being nice. "

This is very much an unsuccessful person's idea of how to become successful.

USM probably thinks that multiple bankrupt Donald Trump is a winner, betcha.

Bad boys on 16:15 - May 12 with 445 viewsDanTheMan

Not being a loser - drink driving and threatening to murder your wife.

You heard it here first folks.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Bad boys on 16:17 - May 12 with 429 viewsstopmoaning

Bad boys on 16:08 - May 12 by DanTheMan

There has, he admitted the offence and was given a 12 month restraining order.

I was talking about Norwood and not Jeffers by the way.
Bad boys on 16:18 - May 12 with 420 viewsBlueBadger

Bad boys on 15:53 - May 12 by clive_baker

Although there's one very obvious factor that would probably prevent such accusations being levelled at Norwood, when you consider the string of players that have had this myth perpetuated by tw@ts from Ipswich.

Would it be the same factor that often leads to certain players being accused of being either 'lazy', 'having an attitude' or 'getting too big for their boots', perchance?

Bad boys on 16:19 - May 12 with 415 viewsSpruceMoose

Bad boys on 16:17 - May 12 by stopmoaning

I was talking about Norwood and not Jeffers by the way.

Oh, well I didn't need to edit my response then! Which drink driving arrest were you referring to? The first one or the second one?

Bad boys on 16:21 - May 12 with 404 viewsBlueBadger

Bad boys on 16:15 - May 12 by DanTheMan

Not being a loser - drink driving and threatening to murder your wife.

You heard it here first folks.

Who'd have though that one of the TWTD Decent Right crowd would have such a blasé attitude towards abusive behaviour and criminality?

Bad boys on 16:23 - May 12 with 402 viewssolemio

Bad boys on 16:14 - May 12 by Herbivore

Depends on what the blemishes are to be honest. We're talking about someone convicted of drink driving and of making threats to his ex-wife in the last 2 years. For me those are pretty significant blemishes. I'd imagine there are plenty of other coaches with similar CVs to Jeffers that don't have those kinds of blemishes. If it was a couple of parking tickets then fair enough, none of us are perfect, but drink driving and domestic abuse aren't minor mishaps.

Agree totally. How recently these events occurred is also very relevant. Far too recently for my liking.

Considerable time has passed since Kieron's youth. He is clearly a far more mature person now than he was then. He was far from all bad then. When he was a yoof he used to spend far more time chatting to the disabled folk he wheeled to their place than most other youngsters did. Yes, he had to do that job but he went above and beyond.
Bad boys on 16:28 - May 12 with 386 viewschrismakin

Hes already had 1 conviction for drink driving.

This is another trial pending.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bad boys on 16:39 - May 12 with 373 viewsstopmoaning

Bad boys on 16:28 - May 12 by chrismakin

Hes already had 1 conviction for drink driving.

This is another trial pending.

Ah okay, he’s a bell end then.

Still a good striker though!
Bad boys on 16:41 - May 12 with 366 viewsPJH

Bad boys on 15:37 - May 12 by chrismakin

Life and Acceptance of certain behaviours has changed.

Years ago, it was a mans right to expect your wife to have your dinner on the table, to do the cleaning, to do everytihing a 'women' should do.

Years ago, it was wrong to be gay

Thankfully the world has changed, had Beattie done what he did in today's world, no it wouldn't be accepted.

What is that The Beat did please?
Bad boys on 16:43 - May 12 with 363 viewsusm

Bad boys on 16:14 - May 12 by BlueBadger

USM probably thinks that multiple bankrupt Donald Trump is a winner, betcha.

What, the billionaire who became US President? No, he's a loser for sure.
You seem to be inferring that I admire these guys, not sure where you got that from.

FOYSC

Bad boys on 16:45 - May 12 with 351 viewsBlueBadger

Bad boys on 16:43 - May 12 by usm

What, the billionaire who became US President? No, he's a loser for sure.
You seem to be inferring that I admire these guys, not sure where you got that from.

The fact that you keep turning up to defend them?
[Post edited 12 May 2021 16:45]

Bad boys on 16:45 - May 12 with 351 viewsusm

Bad boys on 16:14 - May 12 by BlueBadger

I'm in one of the most coveted jobs in my Trust and I've managed it without doing any of the dickish things you seem to think are necessary.

Well done you, but I did say "very few", but lets not let facts get in the way, or for that matter other people's opinions.

FOYSC

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024