Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fundraiser: Helping one of our own 16:05 - May 12 with 6528 viewswkj

Good afternoon TWTD. As some of you are no doubt aware, TWTD veteran Footers had the horror of his home going up in smoke the other day due to a battery explosion. While he may not always be everyone's cup of Tea, he has been there countless times for good causes and other fundraisers over the year, as well as created some great friendships across the board.

Insurance only goes so far, and footers is now faced with all of the costs of moving and the added cost involved with having to live without access to his appliances.

https://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/house-fire-in-finsbury-park-7965456

As such, we would like to see if we cant pull together as a forum and raise some cash to help our friend find his feet a little quicker. I set an arbitrary goal of £750

If we can reach that goal... Great
If we can smash past it... excellent
But even If we can do neither, every penny would count for Dear Old Footers in his time of turbulence.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-footers-find-a-home

Interesting afternoon at footers towers by footers 11 May 2021 17:10
Explosion and a house fire.

All out safely thank god, despite a little smoke inhalation.

Big ups to London Fire Brigade, ambulance service and po po for their speedy assistance.

Now off for a beer and, eventually, into temporary accommodation.

Update:

Footers had no clue we were doing this for him, but upon finding out he gave us an update.

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own by footers 12 May 2021 17:20
Erm, while I am extremely appreciative of your support and kind wishes, there is no way that I could accept any of your hard-earned in good conscience.

As a fairly well-remunerated (though don't tell my boss that) metropolitan elite type, this is nothing more than a blip in the road, fortunately - one which should resolve itself in a matter of days. I really don't need it.

As the fundraiser is already going, might I suggest we give any funds raised to a local charity where I have helped out on ocassion: The Refugee Therapy Centre - https://refugeetherapy.org.uk/ - they do outstanding work helping migrants and refugees overcome their trauma in a compassionate and professional manner. However, due to covid restrictions, they are facing an uphill battle in reopening and providing such an essential service to those who have *really* struggled, whether through war, torture, persecution, famine and so on.

If this is too controversial a choice, then perhaps the Sir Bobby Foundation would be a better destination.

Again, many thanks for thinking of me - sincerely - but I really am not a worthy cause.

[Post edited 12 May 2021 22:43]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 06:22 - May 13 with 1848 viewsGlasgowBlue

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 17:20 - May 12 by footers

Erm, while I am extremely appreciative of your support and kind wishes, there is no way that I could accept any of your hard-earned in good conscience.

As a fairly well-remunerated (though don't tell my boss that) metropolitan elite type, this is nothing more than a blip in the road, fortunately - one which should resolve itself in a matter of days. I really don't need it.

As the fundraiser is already going, might I suggest we give any funds raised to a local charity where I have helped out on ocassion: The Refugee Therapy Centre - https://refugeetherapy.org.uk/ - they do outstanding work helping migrants and refugees overcome their trauma in a compassionate and professional manner. However, due to covid restrictions, they are facing an uphill battle in reopening and providing such an essential service to those who have *really* struggled, whether through war, torture, persecution, famine and so on.

If this is too controversial a choice, then perhaps the Sir Bobby Foundation would be a better destination.

Again, many thanks for thinking of me - sincerely - but I really am not a worthy cause.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!

Seriously though, Refugee Therapy is a great alternative to read stocking your drinks cabinet. Wishing yiu some normality ASAP.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 09:11 - May 13 with 1792 viewsXYZ

Just sent a bit in on the back of you giving my faith in humans a morning boost.

Great cause.
Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 09:39 - May 13 with 1768 viewsSuperblue95

Horrible news bud, hope you get up and running soon and didn’t lose too much of sentimental value.

Glad nobody was hurt at least

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 11:40 - May 13 with 1735 viewsBiGDonnie

Top man.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 11:56 - May 13 with 1728 viewsMeadowlark

Tenner bunged in.
Sorry to hear about the fire, but a good cause to contribute to.
Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 17:23 - May 13 with 1618 viewsfergalsharkey

i have stuck a monkey in but happy for it to go to charity.

Poll: Cook out?

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 15:03 - May 14 with 1457 viewsfactual_blue

Just as well - I'd donated my hard-earned this month to the Pay Boris's CCJ Go Fund Me Appeal.

Glad you're OK.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 21:45 - May 14 with 1394 viewsfactual_blue

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 17:23 - May 13 by fergalsharkey

i have stuck a monkey in but happy for it to go to charity.

£500? Really?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 23:37 - May 14 with 1372 viewsjeera

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 21:45 - May 14 by factual_blue

£500? Really?

Pretty sure he means a chimp for Monkey World.

He does talk some pony that one.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 23:50 - May 14 with 1360 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Have hardly been on TWTD over recent days so have only just read this thread.

Couldn't pay Refugee Therapy Centre for the same reason as Ryorry so have bunged in a few quid to WKJ's fund for you, Footers, to do as you see fit.

Glad to see that you and your nearest and dearest are safe and well. Hope you are able to quickly get yourselves sorted out.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 00:00 - May 15 with 1345 viewsjeera

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 23:50 - May 14 by Tangledupin_Blue

Couldn't pay Refugee Therapy Centre for the same reason as Ryorry so have bunged in a few quid to WKJ's fund for you, Footers, to do as you see fit.

Glad to see that you and your nearest and dearest are safe and well. Hope you are able to quickly get yourselves sorted out.

Nearest and dearest? They're his housemates.

One of them tried to kill him.

*Yes, also very glad they're all safe and sound too of course!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 10:42 - May 15 with 1255 viewsfooters

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 23:50 - May 14 by Tangledupin_Blue

Many thanks, squire! Your generosity is greatly appreciated.

I've just emailed the centre regarding the broken PayPal link and they should be in touch shortly with their bank information so I can transfer any funds raised as soon as possible.

After it's rested in my account first, obviously...

My sincere thanks to everyone for their kind words in what has been a slightly uncomfortable week. It's truly humbling to have the support of so many of you... I honestly can't thank you enough.

Mwah x
[Post edited 15 May 2021 10:53]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 12:17 - May 15 with 1219 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 10:42 - May 15 by footers

Many thanks, squire! Your generosity is greatly appreciated.

I've just emailed the centre regarding the broken PayPal link and they should be in touch shortly with their bank information so I can transfer any funds raised as soon as possible.

After it's rested in my account first, obviously...

My sincere thanks to everyone for their kind words in what has been a slightly uncomfortable week. It's truly humbling to have the support of so many of you... I honestly can't thank you enough.

Mwah x
[Post edited 15 May 2021 10:53]

Can I pay in Shiba Inu (about 1,000,000)?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 19:35 - May 17 with 971 viewsTieDyedIn95

Done.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 19:50 - May 17 with 960 viewsRyorry

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 19:35 - May 17 by TieDyedIn95

Done.

I'd forgotten about your thread, I'll chuck in a second tenner then!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 01:16 - May 18 with 926 viewsTieDyedIn95

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 19:50 - May 17 by Ryorry

I'd forgotten about your thread, I'll chuck in a second tenner then!

Cheers! Seemed like the best use of the dough given the circumstances.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 13:40 - May 18 with 877 viewsitfcjoe

Only read this after donating - fair play

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024