Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fundraiser: Helping one of our own 16:05 - May 12 with 6532 viewswkj

Good afternoon TWTD. As some of you are no doubt aware, TWTD veteran Footers had the horror of his home going up in smoke the other day due to a battery explosion. While he may not always be everyone's cup of Tea, he has been there countless times for good causes and other fundraisers over the year, as well as created some great friendships across the board.

Insurance only goes so far, and footers is now faced with all of the costs of moving and the added cost involved with having to live without access to his appliances.

https://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/house-fire-in-finsbury-park-7965456

As such, we would like to see if we cant pull together as a forum and raise some cash to help our friend find his feet a little quicker. I set an arbitrary goal of £750

If we can reach that goal... Great
If we can smash past it... excellent
But even If we can do neither, every penny would count for Dear Old Footers in his time of turbulence.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-footers-find-a-home

Interesting afternoon at footers towers by footers 11 May 2021 17:10
Explosion and a house fire.

All out safely thank god, despite a little smoke inhalation.

Big ups to London Fire Brigade, ambulance service and po po for their speedy assistance.

Now off for a beer and, eventually, into temporary accommodation.

Update:

Footers had no clue we were doing this for him, but upon finding out he gave us an update.

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own by footers 12 May 2021 17:20
Erm, while I am extremely appreciative of your support and kind wishes, there is no way that I could accept any of your hard-earned in good conscience.

As a fairly well-remunerated (though don't tell my boss that) metropolitan elite type, this is nothing more than a blip in the road, fortunately - one which should resolve itself in a matter of days. I really don't need it.

As the fundraiser is already going, might I suggest we give any funds raised to a local charity where I have helped out on ocassion: The Refugee Therapy Centre - https://refugeetherapy.org.uk/ - they do outstanding work helping migrants and refugees overcome their trauma in a compassionate and professional manner. However, due to covid restrictions, they are facing an uphill battle in reopening and providing such an essential service to those who have *really* struggled, whether through war, torture, persecution, famine and so on.

If this is too controversial a choice, then perhaps the Sir Bobby Foundation would be a better destination.

Again, many thanks for thinking of me - sincerely - but I really am not a worthy cause.

[Post edited 12 May 2021 22:43]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 16:09 - May 12 with 4525 viewsEwan_Oozami

Despite mine and footers' disagreements over Battenberg, losing a home is an awful thing to suffer so happy to help!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 16:10 - May 12 with 4516 viewsSteve_M

No picture of a fire engine? Not donating.

Here's a stock one from LFB's tweets so I will now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 16:12 - May 12 with 4493 viewsSpruceMoose

TWTD at its finest. Twenty quid chucked in to help replenish the old Razzle collection.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 16:14 - May 12 with 4489 viewswkj

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 16:10 - May 12 by Steve_M

No picture of a fire engine? Not donating.

Here's a stock one from LFB's tweets so I will now.

Fixed, thanks for the reminder!

Crybaby

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 16:15 - May 12 with 4467 viewsSpruceMoose

Could we get this stickied please Phil/Gav?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 16:18 - May 12 with 4460 viewsearlsgreenblue

Well done for highlighting his plight, wouldn’t have know otherwise........happy to help.
Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 16:22 - May 12 with 4442 viewsGeomorph

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 16:12 - May 12 by SpruceMoose

TWTD at its finest. Twenty quid chucked in to help replenish the old Razzle collection.

done...
Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 16:27 - May 12 with 4404 viewsbobwya

Done
Login to get fewer ads

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 16:47 - May 12 with 4322 viewswkj

Absolutely staggering generosity so far, thank you for contributing and/or spreading the word!

Crybaby

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 16:57 - May 12 with 4263 viewsPJH

Done.
Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 16:58 - May 12 with 4221 views26_Paz

Hope it gets sorted soon. All the best.

The Paz Man

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 17:12 - May 12 with 4180 viewsTVRBlue

Done. Glad all were safe and good luck with everything.
Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 17:20 - May 12 with 4167 viewsfooters

Erm, while I am extremely appreciative of your support and kind wishes, there is no way that I could accept any of your hard-earned in good conscience.

As a fairly well-remunerated (though don't tell my boss that) metropolitan elite type, this is nothing more than a blip in the road, fortunately - one which should resolve itself in a matter of days. I really don't need it.

As the fundraiser is already going, might I suggest we give any funds raised to a local charity where I have helped out on ocassion: The Refugee Therapy Centre - https://refugeetherapy.org.uk/ - they do outstanding work helping migrants and refugees overcome their trauma in a compassionate and professional manner. However, due to covid restrictions, they are facing an uphill battle in reopening and providing such an essential service to those who have *really* struggled, whether through war, torture, persecution, famine and so on.

If this is too controversial a choice, then perhaps the Sir Bobby Foundation would be a better destination.

Again, many thanks for thinking of me - sincerely - but I really am not a worthy cause.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 17:24 - May 12 with 4123 viewsBlueBadger

Just bunged a few quid in to make it up to a nice round number. Have a Mackeson's and blackcurrant on me.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 17:34 - May 12 with 4087 viewsRyorry

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 17:20 - May 12 by footers

Nicely said, and a great cause. Tried to donate directly to them but just kept getting "A processing error occurred" - 3 times. Will try again later, or is there an alternative method? Can't see a paypal button tho.

Edit - just realised I can go down the original route & you'll forward - doh! Brain on go-slow atm.
[Post edited 12 May 2021 17:36]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 17:39 - May 12 with 4049 viewsElephantintheRoom

Commiserations on your housefire - but what a fantastic response to your mishap and online chums. Well said - and well done.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 18:19 - May 12 with 3940 viewsSpruceMoose

You're a good egg Footers.

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 18:50 - May 12 with 3880 viewsSwansea_Blue

Both admirable cuases, but I wouldn't mind if you spent the money on an electrical safety awreness course either

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 18:58 - May 12 with 3852 viewsSpruceMoose

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 18:50 - May 12 by Swansea_Blue

Both admirable cuases, but I wouldn't mind if you spent the money on an electrical safety awreness course either

How much is electricity used in the cooking of meth exactly?

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 19:15 - May 12 with 3820 viewsDubtractor

FFS man. I could have read this before I donated.

Nah, happy to help either way, and hope you're back on your feet sharpish.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 20:07 - May 12 with 3733 viewseireblue

I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment in this post.

Hmmmm, just realised that there was more than one sentiment expressed and it maybe unclear if I was endorsing whether footers is not worthy, or that The Refugee Therapy Centre do outstanding work.

Glad I have cleared up that ambiguity.
Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 21:23 - May 12 with 3622 viewsBasingstokeBlue

I’m in. We’re now over 2/3 of the way towards original target.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 21:28 - May 12 with 3617 viewsBasingstokeBlue

How about a cheese hamper for Cookie (smoked cheese, of course!).

If there’s anything left over, try the Christmas Jumper gambit, too?
[Post edited 12 May 2021 21:29]

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 21:40 - May 12 with 3578 viewsSeablu

Hope you can get back to some sort of normality soon.
You’re a decent ovoid and the refugee therapy charity is a superb suggestion

Fundraiser: Helping one of our own on 22:25 - May 12 with 3501 viewsPlums

Just read this after donating.
Very happy to help those in genuine need, you’re a good fella.
All the best with the recovery and restoration.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024