Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peston should be reprimanded for this 16:11 - May 12 with 1279 viewsMullet

Astounding he even thought it, let alone tweeted it in his supposed position of insight. Deleting it, apologising and moving on with an official telling off would cut it. His mealy mouthed backtracking just this minute is pathetic.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Peston should be reprimanded for this on 16:12 - May 12 with 1234 viewsJ2BLUE

Bloody teachers. Overpaid wasters.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Peston should be reprimanded for this on 16:16 - May 12 with 1190 viewsCBBlue

Completely agree with you. My son's teacher was working ridiculous hours during the most recent lockdown. Running live zoom sessions during the school day for those struggling, marking all the submitted work and setting the following days work (often at 10pm).

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Peston should be reprimanded for this on 16:20 - May 12 with 1148 viewsclive_baker

As well as being utterly clueless as to the contribution teachers made over that period, and their general proactiveness and agility they demonstrated in the face of minimal governmental guidance and 11th hour decision making, I don't get the logic behind the point he's trying to make anyway?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Peston should be reprimanded for this on 16:21 - May 12 with 1143 viewsChondzoresk

I dislike Peston with a passion. Most teachers were in schools, zoom learning their students, also with front line workers kids in school. Our teaching staff (my colleagues) were amazing. He must be one of those knuckle dragging Daily Mail contributors that constantly slags teaching staff. Peston, do one.
Peston should be reprimanded for this on 16:23 - May 12 with 1103 viewsgiant_stow

Thats a deeply ignorant thing for him to say. I can only imagine he has no kids of school age or teachers in the family.

I realise he will know more than me about economics, but the inflation point doesn't seem to nmake any sense on its own terms either.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Peston should be reprimanded for this on 17:06 - May 12 with 905 viewsXYZ

Peston should be reprimanded for this on 16:23 - May 12 by giant_stow

Thats a deeply ignorant thing for him to say. I can only imagine he has no kids of school age or teachers in the family.

I realise he will know more than me about economics, but the inflation point doesn't seem to nmake any sense on its own terms either.

Quite - he can't even do his job of making economics understandable for the general public - his explanation is rubbish.

Then he spouts offensive and completely incorrect views on teachers' activities.

His ego has outgrown his ability.
Peston should be reprimanded for this on 17:10 - May 12 with 881 viewsStokieBlue

He's simply not very good.

He got a bit of inside info once and has been living off it for a decade.

That tweet is pretty offensive to many.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Peston should be reprimanded for this on 17:14 - May 12 with 852 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Totally disgraceful given the pressure that the teaching profession was under and the risks that teachers have been obliged to take.
Login to get fewer ads

Peston should be reprimanded for this on 17:16 - May 12 with 827 viewscatch74

I imagine the extra stresses and strains of the online learning, coupled with the fact that kids of key workers were under even more pressure. I imagine also that the lack of symptoms in pupils put the job as one of the higher risks too. Children have all been affected by this pandemic and teachers have been an important part of dealing with this.
Dreadful from Peston and huge respect to all teachers.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Peston should be reprimanded for this on 17:20 - May 12 with 801 viewsSwansea_Blue

What a plank. His attempts at backtracking are pretty funny aren't they. I suspect that teachers arent too impressed he's saying their productivity has been impaired too. It may not even be true. Some employers have been reporting increasing productivity with home/remote working and increased use of technology for virtual working.
[Post edited 12 May 2021 17:21]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Peston should be reprimanded for this on 17:50 - May 12 with 691 viewsMullet

Peston should be reprimanded for this on 17:16 - May 12 by catch74

I imagine the extra stresses and strains of the online learning, coupled with the fact that kids of key workers were under even more pressure. I imagine also that the lack of symptoms in pupils put the job as one of the higher risks too. Children have all been affected by this pandemic and teachers have been an important part of dealing with this.
Dreadful from Peston and huge respect to all teachers.

We've had staff and students testing positive this week.

I caught it and had it really bad. I'm still feeling the effects. I'd love to sit him down and discuss my experiences and see him have the nerve to explain his ideas around our productivity.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024