Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. 16:42 - May 12 with 1106 viewsOriginalMarkyP

His previous behaviour is extemely questionable. Domestic abusers ideally have no place at our club.

As a lot posters seem to have very quickly dug it up with a quick Google search we can assume the club, the owners and PC are aware of it and chose to employ him anyway.

So some people don't like it and some are ok with it.

I wonder has he sought any psychological/behaviourial help with it? I'd hope so. It's a worry, as it's certainly not something that should be overlooked.

I also remembered this...not unique by any stretch and not the only one at fault but a complete anger/violence flash, and complete lack of discipline.

Doesn't really fit the family friendly club franchise I'd assume the US guys would want.

But he's here.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 16:46 - May 12 with 1071 viewsFixed_It

Another new thread on the same subject. Oh joy!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 16:50 - May 12 with 1034 viewsOriginalMarkyP

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 16:46 - May 12 by Fixed_It

I'm just trying to understand the general feeling on the board about it.

From the previous post I'd say it's 50/50

But if I ask a question about it, it will probably swing it 100/0 in Jeffers favour!

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:51 - May 12 with 1018 viewsFixed_It

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 16:52 - May 12 with 1014 viewsportmanking

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 16:50 - May 12 by OriginalMarkyP

I'm just trying to understand the general feeling on the board about it.

From the previous post I'd say it's 50/50

But if I ask a question about it, it will probably swing it 100/0 in Jeffers favour!

Why did you feel the need to create a new thread to 'understand the general feeling'? Why not contribute to the existing thread?
[Post edited 12 May 2021 16:52]
So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 16:53 - May 12 with 985 viewsOriginalMarkyP

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 16:52 - May 12 by portmanking

Why did you feel the need to create a new thread to 'understand the general feeling'? Why not contribute to the existing thread?
[Post edited 12 May 2021 16:52]

Because I'm an egomanic, cleary. Duh.

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 16:56 - May 12 with 954 viewsstiff_talking

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 16:53 - May 12 by OriginalMarkyP

The guy went through a bad relationship and has come out the other side wanting to start fresh with us

He deserves our support !
So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 17:04 - May 12 with 891 viewsPinewoodblue

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 16:56 - May 12 by stiff_talking

The guy went through a bad relationship and has come out the other side wanting to start fresh with us

Now defending for refusing to give a breath test after he was stopped driving erratically.

All I would say about Jeffers, as a coach, is I hope he isn't a goal scoring coach as his own record isn't particularly good and for someone in the game best par of fifteen years he played very few games.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 17:06 - May 12 with 868 viewsOriginalMarkyP

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 16:56 - May 12 by stiff_talking

Why?

Login to get fewer ads

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 17:11 - May 12 with 825 viewsBlueBadger

We've all been in those. Most of us can manage to do so without incurring criminal charges though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 17:31 - May 12 with 731 viewsHalifaxBlue

I'm very upset by it. Very very disappointing, it's there for all to see what he has been found guilty of. It isn't like it's years ago when he was young either - the death threat incident was barely 2 years ago.

Sadly I will likely not be able to follow in the same manner next year, or at least not through iFollow. I wouldn't support a business in my community that was hiring people recently sanctioned for threatening women - my football club is no different.

I understand not everyone will be of like mind, but I hope others who are will consider the same.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 17:35 - May 12 with 694 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't think anyone is ok with it. For most of us it's more that he's here and we have little choice.

Appreciate some people feel a lot stronger about it though. Many because of personal experiences with this kind of thing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 17:44 - May 12 with 647 viewsOriginalMarkyP

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 17:35 - May 12 by J2BLUE

I don't think anyone is ok with it. For most of us it's more that he's here and we have little choice.

Appreciate some people feel a lot stronger about it though. Many because of personal experiences with this kind of thing.

I think the big surprise isn't that he's here. It's that no one in authority didn't think to cut it off at the pass.

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 17:51 - May 12 with 620 viewsHalifaxBlue

What is really getting to me the more I think is the anti-bullying movement that we are seeing in football. I don't think a club can make valid claims to say there is no room for bullying/discrimination/threats in the sport while also hiring Jeffers.

I see a lot of people on here making vaguely legal defences of Jeffers, which I can't be bothered with. At the very (very very very) least, these actions constitute the kind of behaviour we supposedly say we want out of the sport.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 18:04 - May 12 with 573 viewsCheltenham_Blue

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 16:53 - May 12 by OriginalMarkyP

And a Budgie, Duh.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 18:08 - May 12 with 555 viewsPositivelyPortman

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 17:44 - May 12 by OriginalMarkyP

I think the big surprise isn't that he's here. It's that no one in authority didn't think to cut it off at the pass.

Make a poll for folks to vote on if it is bothering you.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 18:17 - May 12 with 524 viewsBryanPlug

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 16:46 - May 12 by Fixed_It

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 18:24 - May 12 with 505 viewsLord_Lucan

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 17:11 - May 12 by BlueBadger

We've all been in those. Most of us can manage to do so without incurring criminal charges though.

If he wasn't Francis Jeffers wouldn't the stock reply be - Maybe he has mental health problems?

Edit; I haven't read any of the other threads, maybe that has been dealt with.
[Post edited 12 May 2021 18:28]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 18:27 - May 12 with 484 viewsOriginalMarkyP

So Jeffers...there seems to be a bit of split here. on 18:04 - May 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

And a Budgie, Duh.

Sigh.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024