Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club contacts 17:37 - May 12 with 1328 viewsHalifaxBlue

With all the recent changes, does anyone know what address as the club would be appropriate to send an email with concerns RE: Jeffers' history and appointment?

I understand a lot of folks on here don't think his hire is a problem and I begrudgingly accept this - please don't turn this thread into a slinging match over this. I'm just looking for some help making my own personal feelings known.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Club contacts on 17:38 - May 12 with 1301 viewsEwan_Oozami

You haven't been reading all the threads on this, have you?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Club contacts on 17:39 - May 12 with 1299 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

All of the new owners seem very open to contact on various platforms.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Club contacts on 17:48 - May 12 with 1274 viewsSitfcB

SUQ.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Club contacts on 17:52 - May 12 with 1250 viewsHalifaxBlue

Club contacts on 17:38 - May 12 by Ewan_Oozami

You haven't been reading all the threads on this, have you?

I admit I haven't had time to go through everything, still the middle of the work day in Canada.

I apologize if I'm adding things that have been said already. Just looking for a hand.

Club contacts on 17:53 - May 12 with 1237 viewsJ2BLUE

Club contacts on 17:52 - May 12 by HalifaxBlue

I admit I haven't had time to go through everything, still the middle of the work day in Canada.

I apologize if I'm adding things that have been said already. Just looking for a hand.

I think he meant the majority of people aren't happy with it. At best there's a begrudging acceptance from many.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Club contacts on 17:56 - May 12 with 1223 viewsEwan_Oozami

Club contacts on 17:52 - May 12 by HalifaxBlue

No problem - people should be free to comment on club activities to the powers-that-be as they wish - some of threads have excellent thoughtful comments so probably worth a glance if poss before contacting the club?

Club contacts on 17:56 - May 12 with 1221 viewsHalifaxBlue

Club contacts on 17:53 - May 12 by J2BLUE

I think he meant the majority of people aren't happy with it. At best there's a begrudging acceptance from many.

That's a massive relief to me - I admit I may have let a couple of the dissenting posts get to me then.

It is a fairly personal issue for me and I find it very upsetting. I understand that not everyone feels the same way, but I wouldn't like to think this is something a significant portion of our fanbase thinks is absolutely fine.

Club contacts on 17:57 - May 12 with 1213 viewssaffers12

Club contacts on 17:56 - May 12 by HalifaxBlue

That's a massive relief to me - I admit I may have let a couple of the dissenting posts get to me then.

It is a fairly personal issue for me and I find it very upsetting. I understand that not everyone feels the same way, but I wouldn't like to think this is something a significant portion of our fanbase thinks is absolutely fine.

I 100% disagree with his appointment, no ifs or buts
Login to get fewer ads

Club contacts on 18:30 - May 12 with 1132 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Club contacts on 18:32 - May 12 with 1116 viewssaffers12

Club contacts on 18:30 - May 12 by BryanPlug

He does reply to LinkedIn messages too
Club contacts on 18:36 - May 12 with 1101 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Club contacts on 17:56 - May 12 by HalifaxBlue

I don't think that anyone thinks it's 'fine', far from it.

But there should be an acceptance that people are allowed to make mistakes, even huge ones, atone for those mistakes and then rehabilitate themselves.

I doubt Franny Jeffers thinks he is on anything but his last chance in football.

Given the timing of the offences May 30th 2019 and then May 30th 2020, with no previous convictions, its reasonable to suspect Jeffers was in a dark place at the time of the incident involving his wife, and then again on the anniversary of the offence.

It's never as clear cut as reported. I'm happy for him to have a second chance to reform, any reasonable person should be too.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Club contacts on 18:46 - May 12 with 1058 viewsFixed_It

Club contacts on 18:30 - May 12 by BryanPlug

Doesn't that sound a little bit like running off to tell teacher?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Club contacts on 18:54 - May 12 with 1032 viewsgordon

Club contacts on 18:36 - May 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

I don't think that anyone thinks it's 'fine', far from it.

But there should be an acceptance that people are allowed to make mistakes, even huge ones, atone for those mistakes and then rehabilitate themselves.

I doubt Franny Jeffers thinks he is on anything but his last chance in football.

Given the timing of the offences May 30th 2019 and then May 30th 2020, with no previous convictions, its reasonable to suspect Jeffers was in a dark place at the time of the incident involving his wife, and then again on the anniversary of the offence.

It's never as clear cut as reported. I'm happy for him to have a second chance to reform, any reasonable person should be too.

Genuine question - has he acknowledged that he made mistakes, accepted that his behaviour was appalling, apologised, and committed to conducting himself better in future? (Haven't read any of the threads apart from this one)

If he hasn't done so, the decision to hire him is disgraceful. If he has, then as you say, it's more complex.
Club contacts on 18:56 - May 12 with 1025 viewsgordon

Club contacts on 18:46 - May 12 by Fixed_It

Doesn't that sound a little bit like running off to tell teacher?

Yes, should be to a proper club account, I'm after an ITFC.co.uk email address to contact as well.
Club contacts on 19:05 - May 12 with 988 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Club contacts on 18:54 - May 12 by gordon

Genuine question - has he acknowledged that he made mistakes, accepted that his behaviour was appalling, apologised, and committed to conducting himself better in future? (Haven't read any of the threads apart from this one)

If he hasn't done so, the decision to hire him is disgraceful. If he has, then as you say, it's more complex.

Attended the police station voluntarily, readily admitted it and told police that he regretted doing it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Club contacts on 19:08 - May 12 with 973 viewsHalifaxBlue

Club contacts on 18:56 - May 12 by gordon

Yes, should be to a proper club account, I'm after an ITFC.co.uk email address to contact as well.

Yes this is where I'm at as well, I would like to go through whatever channels at the club are possible.

Club contacts on 19:10 - May 12 with 961 viewsgordon

Club contacts on 19:05 - May 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

Attended the police station voluntarily, readily admitted it and told police that he regretted doing it.

Have you got a link to his public statement?
Club contacts on 19:15 - May 12 with 933 viewsEwan_Oozami

Club contacts on 19:10 - May 12 by gordon

Have you got a link to his public statement?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/ex-everton-striker-francis-j

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024