Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashton/Rolls BC Injuries etc 17:43 - May 12 with 729 viewschrismakin

Something I find interesting is the injury record that pops up by the BC fans and as part of some of the discussion it was mentioned that the pitch they use isnt 100% natural. I cant quite think of the name and cant find the link but it's a mixture of grass and Astro.

Now I know alot of prem clubs have them but I can only assume they have the same to train on too as they could afford to .. do you think that may explain alot of the issues BC had as they only train on natural pitches. And alot of their injuries happened following home fixtures

We know we had some injury issues but in comparison the numbers here have been lower. And less muscle based Injuries compared to theirs.

Does anyone else know of any clubs that have had alot of injuries who use these mixed playing surfaces.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Ashton/Rolls BC Injuries etc on 17:47 - May 12 with 710 viewssaffers12

It's a valid point to raise, in some ways it needs a full breakdown statistically, for example Kvys shoulder can not be helped but others can significantly,
Ashton/Rolls BC Injuries etc on 17:52 - May 12 with 687 viewschrismakin

Ashton/Rolls BC Injuries etc on 17:47 - May 12 by saffers12

It's a valid point to raise, in some ways it needs a full breakdown statistically, for example Kvys shoulder can not be helped but others can significantly,

KVY actually is an interesting Guinea pig for injury investigation.

Now.. clearly his shoulder was an accident still not sure how he did it.

However at first I thought hes finally done his knee.

Now I dont mean I was hoping he was going to but watching him closely I noticed how some of the stop and turns he did throughout the game didnt look natural for the body to cope with and any small slip or opponent player could cause severe injury.

I wonder of Investigations will go to that length.

I know the above sounds strange. As I write it I hope it makes sense. But if you ever watch back or watch KVY going forwards have a look at how he stops dead. Blades into ground. Quite hard and sharp almost unnatural for the knees and legs to take.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Ashton/Rolls BC Injuries etc on 17:56 - May 12 with 676 viewssaffers12

Ashton/Rolls BC Injuries etc on 17:52 - May 12 by chrismakin

KVY actually is an interesting Guinea pig for injury investigation.

Now.. clearly his shoulder was an accident still not sure how he did it.

However at first I thought hes finally done his knee.

Now I dont mean I was hoping he was going to but watching him closely I noticed how some of the stop and turns he did throughout the game didnt look natural for the body to cope with and any small slip or opponent player could cause severe injury.

I wonder of Investigations will go to that length.

I know the above sounds strange. As I write it I hope it makes sense. But if you ever watch back or watch KVY going forwards have a look at how he stops dead. Blades into ground. Quite hard and sharp almost unnatural for the knees and legs to take.

As a sports scientist myself, some of out issues relate to lack of strength and conditioning, which links to point you made regarding his rubbing gait
Ashton/Rolls BC Injuries etc on 18:00 - May 12 with 658 viewschrismakin

Ashton/Rolls BC Injuries etc on 17:56 - May 12 by saffers12

As a sports scientist myself, some of out issues relate to lack of strength and conditioning, which links to point you made regarding his rubbing gait

Lee?

Lol

Ashton/Rolls BC Injuries etc on 18:00 - May 12 with 653 viewssaffers12

Ashton/Rolls BC Injuries etc on 18:00 - May 12 by chrismakin

Lee?

Lol

Running
Ashton/Rolls BC Injuries etc on 20:38 - May 12 with 469 viewsBlueForYou

Bristol use a hybrid pitch, similar to those used by several Premiership Rugby clubs. When these were first introduced the Rugby teams had a significant increase in injuries directly related to the pitch. However the situation seems to have calmed down, perhaps becoming more familiar & a slight adjustment in physical preparation has helped.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024