Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? 21:27 - May 12 with 2199 viewsBlueBadger

For the good of my health. PLEASE.

I'll start us off, this is the newest addition to the Badger household.

[Post edited 12 May 2021 21:29]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:29 - May 12 with 2174 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

You know who hates puppies?

Jeffers. Jeffers hates puppies*.

*perhaps
Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:30 - May 12 with 2171 viewsMullet

I really want a puppy. I've nearly indoctrinated my eldest into wanting one too. Management is still saying no due to things like her having to do all the work etc.

But if I got one I think I'd want an American Bully cross or Old English Bulldog of some sort. Boxers are my favourite breed but they seem to cost the same as a second hand car now.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:31 - May 12 with 2152 viewsBlueBadger

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:30 - May 12 by Mullet

I really want a puppy. I've nearly indoctrinated my eldest into wanting one too. Management is still saying no due to things like her having to do all the work etc.

But if I got one I think I'd want an American Bully cross or Old English Bulldog of some sort. Boxers are my favourite breed but they seem to cost the same as a second hand car now.

There's THOUSANDS of Staffies needing rescued out there. They're cracking mutts that are a) very good natured but b) still make you look hard walking one.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:33 - May 12 with 2141 viewsjeera

Bless him/her.

You'll never have a better pal.

Dunno why you've included cats in the title. Very modern and inclusive, but not necessary.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:33 - May 12 with 2143 viewsMullet

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:31 - May 12 by BlueBadger

There's THOUSANDS of Staffies needing rescued out there. They're cracking mutts that are a) very good natured but b) still make you look hard walking one.

That's a good shout. I've never been near a Staffy as round here they are generally used as gang symbols / illegal activities. I know there's loads of responsible owners, but you see a lot of suspect breeds where I've lived and even more suspect owners.

Last time I looked at rescuing was when MDh burnt down and they were overwhelmed

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:36 - May 12 with 2127 viewsBasingstokeBlue

It’s been raining cats and dogs, here. Does that count?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:38 - May 12 with 2109 viewsFixed_It

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:29 - May 12 by DropCliffsNotBombs

You know who hates puppies?

Jeffers. Jeffers hates puppies*.

*perhaps

But it's ok because Norwood likes them...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:39 - May 12 with 2107 viewsjeera

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:33 - May 12 by Mullet

That's a good shout. I've never been near a Staffy as round here they are generally used as gang symbols / illegal activities. I know there's loads of responsible owners, but you see a lot of suspect breeds where I've lived and even more suspect owners.

Last time I looked at rescuing was when MDh burnt down and they were overwhelmed

I'm not a fan of Staffies, bulldogs etc, not because I'm anti-breed, but they're just not for me.

I've met many an adorable Staff.

The concern for me around children is their ability to clamp their jaws, simple as that.

I do of course fully appreciate the never leave a dog alone with children rule regardless of breed and endorsed it entirely the whole time I had dogs myself.

No matter how lovely and all that, a dog can get pissed off with annoying kids and it only takes a second.

Both mine were rescues/unwanted and that has to be considered if you have kids because you do not know the dog's past or what they've been subjected to.

Doesn't mean they equally won't turn out to adore the children and be prepared to lay down their lives for them either of course. Most would.

*Not aimed at you. Just chatting to the world in general.
[Post edited 12 May 2021 21:41]

Login to get fewer ads

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:46 - May 12 with 2087 viewsMullet

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:39 - May 12 by jeera

I'm not a fan of Staffies, bulldogs etc, not because I'm anti-breed, but they're just not for me.

I've met many an adorable Staff.

The concern for me around children is their ability to clamp their jaws, simple as that.

I do of course fully appreciate the never leave a dog alone with children rule regardless of breed and endorsed it entirely the whole time I had dogs myself.

No matter how lovely and all that, a dog can get pissed off with annoying kids and it only takes a second.

Both mine were rescues/unwanted and that has to be considered if you have kids because you do not know the dog's past or what they've been subjected to.

Doesn't mean they equally won't turn out to adore the children and be prepared to lay down their lives for them either of course. Most would.

*Not aimed at you. Just chatting to the world in general.
[Post edited 12 May 2021 21:41]

No, mine are 3 and 6months so the idea of bringing one into the family home does worry me. We have a decent garden and near enough farmland etc to exercise one but likewise I've never owned anything that size so would want to train it for months and months etc.

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:53 - May 12 with 2070 viewsIllinoisblue

Cats are better than dogs. There, I’ve said it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:59 - May 12 with 2047 viewsFixed_It

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:53 - May 12 by Illinoisblue

You have. We won't forget it, either.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:59 - May 12 with 2044 viewsMullet

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:53 - May 12 by Illinoisblue

That’s almost as stupid as that anti vaccine / threatening women isn’t that bad type talk!

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:59 - May 12 with 2041 viewsjeera

Pfft.

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 22:01 - May 12 with 2035 viewsBlueBadger

*abuse reported*

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 22:18 - May 12 with 1998 viewsIllinoisblue

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:59 - May 12 by Fixed_It

You have. We won't forget it, either.

I deal in facts, is all.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 22:36 - May 12 with 1964 viewsCoastalblue

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 21:30 - May 12 by Mullet

We've had 4 Boxers over the years, no chance where I live now but owning them is a real experience. They are both the most stupid and infuriating, but also loving and intelligent dogs.

Got to say, if I were to get a dog again then my choice would probably be a Staffy, I know their reputation but all those I've known have been great dogs and friends.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 22:37 - May 12 with 1957 viewsKropotkin123

I think most just prefer what they grew up with. Personally I prefer cats. My wife prefers dogs, so we got a Jack Russell at the start of lockdown.

Dogs
+ More obedient long-term
+ Encourage a healthier lifestyle
+ Clearer communication
- Destructive early on
- Needy
- loud

Cats
+ More independent
+ Quieter
+ Less effort
+ Way easier to teach basics (such as where to pee)
- kill stuff and bring it in the house
- more interaction needs to be on their terms

Anyone who says one or the other are more affectionate just hasn't owned one or doesn't know how to manage them. Both are great, which is why they are so popular.
[Post edited 12 May 2021 22:40]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 22:44 - May 12 with 1932 viewsjeera

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 22:37 - May 12 by Kropotkin123

I think most just prefer what they grew up with. Personally I prefer cats. My wife prefers dogs, so we got a Jack Russell at the start of lockdown.

Dogs
+ More obedient long-term
+ Encourage a healthier lifestyle
+ Clearer communication
- Destructive early on
- Needy
- loud

Cats
+ More independent
+ Quieter
+ Less effort
+ Way easier to teach basics (such as where to pee)
- kill stuff and bring it in the house
- more interaction needs to be on their terms

Anyone who says one or the other are more affectionate just hasn't owned one or doesn't know how to manage them. Both are great, which is why they are so popular.
[Post edited 12 May 2021 22:40]

"Way easier to teach basics (such as where to pee)"

Sister and her husband had a neglected piglet at home a few years ago. Around the same time they'd got their puppy as it goes.

Whilst the puppy was still peeing everywhere and pooing on the floor, the piglet had learned very quickly to stand by the back door and ask to go outside.

Probably unfairly, years later, they still have the dog.

I can't vouch for what happened to the pig, but I'm sure he's happy somewhere.

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 23:06 - May 12 with 1882 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Thank god for this thread.

This is our dog. He came to us, aged 3 four months after our previous Golden Retriever had died of cancer.
He'd spent 13 months in kennels, after being put there by social services when his previous owner got dementia.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 23:15 - May 12 with 1854 viewsBlueBadger

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 22:44 - May 12 by jeera

"Way easier to teach basics (such as where to pee)"

Sister and her husband had a neglected piglet at home a few years ago. Around the same time they'd got their puppy as it goes.

Whilst the puppy was still peeing everywhere and pooing on the floor, the piglet had learned very quickly to stand by the back door and ask to go outside.

Probably unfairly, years later, they still have the dog.

I can't vouch for what happened to the pig, but I'm sure he's happy somewhere.

I hope he was delicious.

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 23:34 - May 12 with 1818 viewsjeera

Can we have a thread about kittens and puppies please? on 23:15 - May 12 by BlueBadger

I hope he was delicious.

I am sure he moved onto greater and better things.

I really wouldn't know.

Possibly with a side salad.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024