Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadiums 22:45 - May 12 with 781 viewsipswichpepper

Which stadiums are your favourite ones?

My favourite foreign stadiums:

La Bombonera (The Chocolate Box), extremely steep stadium in Argentina. The home of the famous Boca Juniors, the former club of Maradona:

http://www.worldofstadiums.com/south-america/argentine-republic/estadio-alberto-

Estadio Azteca, the huge stadium in Mexico City which hosted two World Cup finals:

http://www.worldofstadiums.com/north-america/united-mexican-states/estadio-aztec

The home of Borussia Dortmund, with "The Yellow Wall", the impressive standing section:

http://www.worldofstadiums.com/europe/germany/signal-iduna-park/
Stadiums on 23:16 - May 12 with 716 viewsSpruceMoose

Had a great pissed up afternoon out once at the old San Mames in Bilbao eating sunflower seeds with the locals and fielding their questions about "Mr Bobby".

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Stadiums on 23:25 - May 12 with 703 viewsclive_baker

Stadiums on 23:16 - May 12 by SpruceMoose

Had a great pissed up afternoon out once at the old San Mames in Bilbao eating sunflower seeds with the locals and fielding their questions about "Mr Bobby".

Salted sunflower seeds! I had a very similar experience, sans the alcohol as I was about 10 in that very ground watching the annual Basque region team (Euskadi) beat Estonia 3-0. Cool stadium.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Stadiums on 23:44 - May 12 with 678 viewsSpruceMoose

Stadiums on 23:25 - May 12 by clive_baker

Salted sunflower seeds! I had a very similar experience, sans the alcohol as I was about 10 in that very ground watching the annual Basque region team (Euskadi) beat Estonia 3-0. Cool stadium.

I loved Bilbao. Was probably about 18 when a mate suggested it. Lovely city, wonderful people, good food, excellent taste in English football managers!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Stadiums on 00:01 - May 13 with 653 viewsBlueBadger

Stadiums on 23:44 - May 12 by SpruceMoose

I loved Bilbao. Was probably about 18 when a mate suggested it. Lovely city, wonderful people, good food, excellent taste in English football managers!

Definitely a place I've fancied visiting for some time now. Trying to persuade Mrs Badger that it's somewhere we want to go to next year. I've got a semi-serious ambitious plan to fly over to Bilbao and then either rail or drive all the way down to the in-laws down on the Algarve, ideally taking in a few select Iberian locations on the way.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Stadiums on 00:29 - May 13 with 615 viewsSpruceMoose

Stadiums on 00:01 - May 13 by BlueBadger

Definitely a place I've fancied visiting for some time now. Trying to persuade Mrs Badger that it's somewhere we want to go to next year. I've got a semi-serious ambitious plan to fly over to Bilbao and then either rail or drive all the way down to the in-laws down on the Algarve, ideally taking in a few select Iberian locations on the way.

Do it! You won't regret it. I'm sure much has changed since I was there but I had a blast. The Guggenheim is worth checking out obviously, and it's one of those places where if you're stumbling down a back street, smell something good and garlicy, head inside and *chef kiss*!

Stadiums on 00:43 - May 13 with 597 viewsBlueBadger

Stadiums on 00:29 - May 13 by SpruceMoose

Do it! You won't regret it. I'm sure much has changed since I was there but I had a blast. The Guggenheim is worth checking out obviously, and it's one of those places where if you're stumbling down a back street, smell something good and garlicy, head inside and *chef kiss*!

Scruffy, Scuzzy Locals' Places are the best places to go on the Iberian peninsula. Even in in REALLY touristy places they're always there.Weirdly, in Portugal the most genuinely Portuguese places are the shiniest and blandest looking on the outside.

Old ladies sipping brandy and coffee is always a good indicator.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Stadiums on 06:02 - May 13 with 466 viewsbluelagos

Stadiums on 00:29 - May 13 by SpruceMoose

+1 for the Bilbao love. Presume the modern stadium isn't the one posters on here visired.

Ref OP, yep the Bombonera is amazing. Been twice but only on a tour, would love to see a match. Dortmund is indeed quite a sight, no debate.

My favourite would have to be a fay at Newlands for the cricket, sit on the grass, drink all,day with table mountain as a back drop. And if Kallis is batting you can drift off for a kip with the sun on your face :-)

Footie wise, think I'd love to try some Argentinain or Croatian derby days. Defo the most intense, noisy, colourful and passionate fans that I have seen.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Stadiums on 06:32 - May 13 with 436 viewsacj

Stadiums on 06:02 - May 13 by bluelagos

+1 for the Bilbao love. Presume the modern stadium isn't the one posters on here visired.

Ref OP, yep the Bombonera is amazing. Been twice but only on a tour, would love to see a match. Dortmund is indeed quite a sight, no debate.

My favourite would have to be a fay at Newlands for the cricket, sit on the grass, drink all,day with table mountain as a back drop. And if Kallis is batting you can drift off for a kip with the sun on your face :-)

Footie wise, think I'd love to try some Argentinain or Croatian derby days. Defo the most intense, noisy, colourful and passionate fans that I have seen.

I’ve been to a lot of grounds across South America and the craziest and most passionate fans I’ve seen in the flesh down here were in Paraguay - I went to watch a side called Olimpia in Asunción and they were really something else. Newell's in Argentina were also pretty mad, went to watch them play Banfield a few years back and saw Luciano Civelli playing for the visitors after he’d gone back home to Argentina.

The Bombanera is an amazing ground - I’ve also only been for the tour but would love to see a game there someday. I’ve done quite a few in Brazil and obviously the Maracana has a special feel to it with the history there, but I think the best overall atmosphere I experienced there was at Estadio Morumbi - was at a São Paulo v Corinthians derby there in the Copa Libertadores back in 2015 and it was a fantastic night. Can’t wait to get back to going to watch the footy whenever the pandemic restrictions get lifted!

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Stadiums on 07:12 - May 13 with 409 viewsPendejo

Portman Road
The Valley
The New Den
Lotus Road... even though I've never seen us win there

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024