Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm confused...this isn't new information? 09:56 - May 13 with 1547 viewsSwailsey

Phil had been saying for weeks now that he had heard only 4 or 5 players were in PC's plans for next season. That seems to stack up with what is being said today.

I'm not saying I agree with this 100%, but it isn't groundbreaking news is it?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 09:58 - May 13 with 1509 viewsGuthrum

I think people are a little shocked over which players are missing out from that 4 or 5.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 10:00 - May 13 with 1488 viewsPJH

I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 09:58 - May 13 by Guthrum

I think people are a little shocked over which players are missing out from that 4 or 5.

AND which players are (reportedly) included in that 4 or 5.
I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 10:01 - May 13 with 1451 viewsSwailsey

I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 09:58 - May 13 by Guthrum

No I get that. But there's a lot of talk of ripping the insides from the club etc.

If realistically it was always known only say 5 maximum would be kept, its inevitable that a lot of those culled would be youths surely?

Almost always dead certs to stay:

KVY
Norwood
Downes

Downes by all accounts wants out, so that's only 2 spots left for everyone else.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 10:05 - May 13 with 1384 viewsbournemouthblue

I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 10:01 - May 13 by Swailsey

No I get that. But there's a lot of talk of ripping the insides from the club etc.

If realistically it was always known only say 5 maximum would be kept, its inevitable that a lot of those culled would be youths surely?

KVY
Norwood
Downes

Downes by all accounts wants out, so that's only 2 spots left for everyone else.

Downes can go if we are offered big money

I don't think we will be though and we would need a very good replacement!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 10:10 - May 13 with 1326 viewsSWGF

I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 10:05 - May 13 by bournemouthblue

What constitutes "big money"? We turned down ~£1.5m before he had an ineffective, injury-laden season in League One

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 10:14 - May 13 with 1260 viewsitfcpaul

His form this season has been decideldy average at best

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 10:52 - May 13 with 1154 viewsWD19

This is something Mick used to get right (that I disagreed with at the time but in hindsight he was 100% right).....in that there is simply no point keeping players who don't want to be here. It is toxic and rarely works. As financially painful as it is, we just need to accept the realities and move on.
I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 10:55 - May 13 with 1127 viewsmarchy

I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 10:52 - May 13 by WD19

This is something Mick used to get right (that I disagreed with at the time but in hindsight he was 100% right).....in that there is simply no point keeping players who don't want to be here. It is toxic and rarely works. As financially painful as it is, we just need to accept the realities and move on.

Letting them leave doesn't work out terribly well either though does it? Exhibit A: Murphy/Best.
Login to get fewer ads

I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 10:55 - May 13 with 1127 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I shared that information a long time before :O)

So, no, its not new at all. Been known for weeks now.
I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 10:57 - May 13 with 1098 viewsSuperfrans

A friend who is a director at one of the clubs we have played recently was told by O'Leary that Cook wants to keep three of our current first team squad...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 10:57 - May 13 with 1093 viewsOsborneOneNil

KVY
Norwood
Downes

Phil says Norwood has also been told he can leave.
I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 10:58 - May 13 with 1086 viewsmarchy

KVY
Norwood
Downes

I think what might be catching us unawares by and large is, for example, the retained faith in an underachieving late-career striker with disciplinary problems and the appointment of a career-long underachieving striker with disciplinary problems as coach, whilst (admittedly currently-underachieving) young players get shown the door. It's an odd direction of travel.
I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 10:58 - May 13 with 1088 viewsPhilTWTD

Indeed, I'm glad someone reads what I write! I didn't make too much of a big thing about in-contract players being told they could go on Monday as I thought it was expected. In hindsight I probably should have written a separate story and mentioned a few names. Too much has been happening!

This post has been edited by an administrator
I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 11:00 - May 13 with 1047 viewsPhilTWTD

I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 10:00 - May 13 by PJH

AND which players are (reportedly) included in that 4 or 5.

I'm not sure it's a set list, to be honest. I think there's an expectation that some of those here will still be here, not much more than that. Obviously some will be 'more available', so to speak, than others.
I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 11:05 - May 13 with 993 viewsDyland

I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 10:58 - May 13 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, I'm glad someone reads what I write! I didn't make too much of a big thing about in-contract players being told they could go on Monday as I thought it was expected. In hindsight I probably should have written a separate story and mentioned a few names. Too much has been happening!

This post has been edited by an administrator

Damned if you do and damned if you don't innit.

For what it's worth, I still think you're the best ;)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 11:06 - May 13 with 968 viewsPhilTWTD

I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 11:05 - May 13 by Dyland

Ta babes.
I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 13:02 - May 13 with 766 viewshoppy

I'm confused...this isn't new information? on 11:05 - May 13 by Dyland

Out of GavTWTD,, MarkTWTD and PhilTWTD, he is most certainly one of them!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024