Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. 13:18 - May 13 with 956 viewsCoco

All those who sit on the negatives are just positioning themselves for a grand 'told you so' moment but if you can't enjoy the brief moments of hope what can you do?*

The club needs a massive shake up - it is getting one - let's see what happens. Might go tits up, might not but let's have a bit of optimism as the 'Ipswich way' of being nearly there or just floundering and giving up without a whimper has started to wear thin.

COYB

*Sorry if any of your 'contacts' are affected by the upheaval.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:25 - May 13 with 919 viewsjayessess

are these "moments of hope"?
If we get in a whole load of brilliant players, I'll be as happy as anyone else.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:26 - May 13 with 911 viewspointofblue

I’m sure we said this in the summer of 2018 as well...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:28 - May 13 with 894 viewsCoco

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:26 - May 13 by pointofblue

Probably.

Imagine a situation when ALL your hopes are answered but many STILL find reasons to be miserable.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:28 - May 13 with 886 viewsjayessess

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:28 - May 13 by Coco

Probably.

Imagine a situation when ALL your hopes are answered but many STILL find reasons to be miserable.

Can we wait until some of the hopes are answered at least?

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:30 - May 13 with 870 viewsCoco

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:28 - May 13 by jayessess

Can we wait until some of the hopes are answered at least?

we actually have genuine hope they might be!

you miss Evans don't you? So you can have something real to moan about. You are allowed to be optimistic yet cautious.

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:31 - May 13 with 862 viewsHerbivore

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:28 - May 13 by Coco

Probably.

I wasn't hoping we'd look to get rid of Downes, Woolf, Dozzell, Dobra, Bishop, and Lankester. I was hoping we'd look to keep and develop most of them alongside some better players that can help to give them a platform to perform.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:36 - May 13 with 839 viewsjayessess

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:30 - May 13 by Coco

we actually have genuine hope they might be!

you miss Evans don't you? So you can have something real to moan about. You are allowed to be optimistic yet cautious.

Are you "optimistic yet cautious"? I don't see any caution in "this summer is gonna be a blast".

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:37 - May 13 with 837 viewsCoco

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:31 - May 13 by Herbivore

I wasn't hoping we'd look to get rid of Downes, Woolf, Dozzell, Dobra, Bishop, and Lankester. I was hoping we'd look to keep and develop most of them alongside some better players that can help to give them a platform to perform.

Downes and maybe Dozzell but what have the others done to suggest they're are going to be top players?

'laid back' Woolf got a long term deal of the back of a rather spurious rumour of Sheff Utd interest.

Dobra largely unknown quantity but not pulled any trees in the first team or U23's

Bishop - LOL

Lankester - burst onto the scene 2 years ago with a bout 4 appearances. got better the longer he has been out.

Hope they all get big prem moves and prove Cook wrong. Or move down and work their way back up. They all probably suffer from the unrealistic hype of coming through our youth system.

Login to get fewer ads

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:37 - May 13 with 828 viewsstonojnr

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:31 - May 13 by Herbivore

or at least give them a final half season to show they could work in a team with some decent players around them, and coached to peak perfection by this excellent coaching/manager we hear so much about.

we are a club in league 1 who havent had much success for the past 20 years and none in the last decade yet people are claiming we can go sign players who could play or be squad members for newly promoted premiership teams as the level we can compete at.

whats that american expression about drinking the kool-aid ?
This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:38 - May 13 with 823 viewsHerbivore

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:37 - May 13 by Coco

Downes and maybe Dozzell but what have the others done to suggest they're are going to be top players?

'laid back' Woolf got a long term deal of the back of a rather spurious rumour of Sheff Utd interest.

Dobra largely unknown quantity but not pulled any trees in the first team or U23's

Bishop - LOL

Lankester - burst onto the scene 2 years ago with a bout 4 appearances. got better the longer he has been out.

Hope they all get big prem moves and prove Cook wrong. Or move down and work their way back up. They all probably suffer from the unrealistic hype of coming through our youth system.

Keep drinking the Kool Aid, mate.

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:38 - May 13 with 815 viewsCoco

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:36 - May 13 by jayessess

Are you "optimistic yet cautious"? I don't see any caution in "this summer is gonna be a blast".

Yep.

The ride will be thrilling but the cart may fall off the tracks at the end.

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:40 - May 13 with 798 viewsjayessess

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:38 - May 13 by Coco

Yep.

The ride will be thrilling but the cart may fall off the tracks at the end.

ok, well, I'll enjoy the thrills when they come. Will that do you?

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:42 - May 13 with 784 viewsCoco

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:40 - May 13 by jayessess

ok, well, I'll enjoy the thrills when they come. Will that do you?

do what ever you want mate.

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:43 - May 13 with 775 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:44 - May 13 with 760 viewsPositivelyPortman

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 13:26 - May 13 by pointofblue

We did yes, but with a different owner, manager and a serious lack of dosh.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 15:51 - May 13 with 645 viewsBlueWorldOrder

If this ends up anything other than our relegation to League Two I will be surprised. We have seen it all before, but because so many wanted to believe it was all Lambert they have turned on our players and backed the egomaniac and his wife abusing mates. What has happened to us? Evans parting gift is this nightmare.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 15:55 - May 13 with 634 viewsCaptMickMills

Exactly. We were week in 4 attacking positions this year. Defensively one of the best teams in league. Passion wise ok but final third weak. For example if Dozzell had been playing with better front players he could have fed them well. Complete lack of cutting edge up front.
This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 16:05 - May 13 with 590 viewsRobTheMonk

I'm pessimistically optimistic.
This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 16:06 - May 13 with 587 viewsHerbivore

This summer is gonna be a blast. Strap in and enjoy the ride. on 15:51 - May 13 by BlueWorldOrder

If this ends up anything other than our relegation to League Two I will be surprised. We have seen it all before, but because so many wanted to believe it was all Lambert they have turned on our players and backed the egomaniac and his wife abusing mates. What has happened to us? Evans parting gift is this nightmare.

Mate, troll accounts need to be a bit more subtle than this otherwise you won't reel anyone in.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024