Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This podcast Vs local media claptrap 17:32 - May 13 with 11089 viewsportmanking

Those odious gobsh1tes at Talking Town are back begging for 'respect' from the local media because a fan on their Monday 'show' suggested most players would be sold before Stuart and Andy broke their story at the EADT.

This is all frankly getting out of hand. Their absolute disdain for professionally trained journalists is a joke. I can't believe someone like Kate Riley - an experienced sports journalist herself - would align with such fans.
This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 17:33 - May 13 with 5443 viewspointofblue

I thought Cook said most of the players would be moved on well before Monday!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 17:34 - May 13 with 5426 viewsCheltenham_Blue

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 17:33 - May 13 by pointofblue

I thought Cook said most of the players would be moved on well before Monday!

He did.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 17:38 - May 13 with 5411 viewsitfcjoe

Rather than talk about ‘podcast’ vs local media can it not just be said that it is Talking Town.

None of the other podcasts draw one hundredth of the criticism that they do or cause one hundredth of the issues - they aren’t even really a podcast either, they are a YouTube fans channel

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 17:42 - May 13 with 5383 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Bunch of idiots. They're literally threatening someone with libel over tweets

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 17:42 - May 13 with 5372 viewsportmanking

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 17:38 - May 13 by itfcjoe

Rather than talk about ‘podcast’ vs local media can it not just be said that it is Talking Town.

None of the other podcasts draw one hundredth of the criticism that they do or cause one hundredth of the issues - they aren’t even really a podcast either, they are a YouTube fans channel

Yes, apologies Joe. You're right, I am of course talking about Talking Town.

Also agreed on them being a YouTube channel rather than a podcast, especially given the lack of nuance!

Is it just me or is the main presenter the most arrogant individual involved? Claims the show is all about opinions and then laughs fellow fans off the screen when they have a different view to his. Hides it well with a patronising 'love you' though....
This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 17:44 - May 13 with 5348 viewstextbackup

Yeah it’s just the one.

The rest are a real decent listen, I did give TT a shot the once just to see... horrific

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 17:59 - May 13 with 5292 viewsSitfcB

This is the tweet...

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 18:03 - May 13 with 5245 viewschrismakin

It's fine for random fans to say what ever they like, but journalists have to be very careful about what stories they break especially as part of the newspaper. So it's no shock they wanted to check with their sources before releasing further details.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 18:04 - May 13 with 5254 viewsSomethingBlue

There is a role for a podcast of their style & tone but their neediness and sneering at others, which I note even crept into their Detmer thing the other day, is unbecoming. Hope the new owners are careful to be discerning and keep them at arm's length when necessary, they'll turn nasty if things don't start going exactly to their liking in any case.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 18:17 - May 13 with 5176 viewsSamWhiteUK

The first post literally says it is TT
This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 18:23 - May 13 with 5147 viewsLankHenners

They seem to have muscled their way in to a position where they can 'interview' the owners and other big names purely on virtue of shouting the loudest and selling themselves as something they're not.

Far more concerned about being seen to be important than actually providing content. As has been said, something like it could work but is let down by having 3 of the world's most arrogant and insecure men host it. Naturally it seems to attract a lot of the dregs of the fanbase who both encourage and engage in the sort of behaviour TT promote. An absolute stain on the fanbase.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 18:25 - May 13 with 5126 viewsIllinoisblue

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 17:42 - May 13 by JammyDodgerrr

Bunch of idiots. They're literally threatening someone with libel over tweets

Where was the libel accusation?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 18:29 - May 13 with 5105 viewsIllinoisblue

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 18:23 - May 13 by LankHenners

They seem to have muscled their way in to a position where they can 'interview' the owners and other big names purely on virtue of shouting the loudest and selling themselves as something they're not.

Far more concerned about being seen to be important than actually providing content. As has been said, something like it could work but is let down by having 3 of the world's most arrogant and insecure men host it. Naturally it seems to attract a lot of the dregs of the fanbase who both encourage and engage in the sort of behaviour TT promote. An absolute stain on the fanbase.

Is there a podcast out there who HASN’T had some kind of interview with the owners? TT were talking up claims of exclusive the other week and were then quickly trumped by KOA. Said it before, the Lambert guy seems genuine but is let down by the other two who seem to be in a permanent state of shouty anger. Anyway, when fans are back in the ground and people can rant at the game and in the pub, their YouTube chat will surely fade to dust.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 18:52 - May 13 with 5015 viewsgreyhound

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 18:23 - May 13 by LankHenners

The bit that frustrates me is that no one seems to do their due diligence before appearing on the show with such an arrogant, rude and bullish group. Professionally no one in their right minds would put themselves on that, the decision for Kate reiley to involve herself is ridiculous and puzzling all the same.

Martin is beggining to get found out. He will, remove people from screen when not agreeing undermine people with a banner that reads views are not of the network displayed whenever someone is controversial.

Matt spouting off about doing people for libel today is a repeat of a threat he made weeks ago last time. They were under fire.

The issue is, and people are highlighting to them, they are generating increasing amounts of negativity and fans aren't forgetting the controversy so everyone piles in on issues old and new with lots of ammo against them. The case of belittling someone for their occupation at McDonald's springs heavily to mind.

In the same thread they have tried to discredit the longstanding local press, and play down the existence of this forum.

Think Martin works with Russell Claydon now as well
This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 19:01 - May 13 with 4915 viewsMullet

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 18:52 - May 13 by greyhound

The bit that frustrates me is that no one seems to do their due diligence before appearing on the show with such an arrogant, rude and bullish group. Professionally no one in their right minds would put themselves on that, the decision for Kate reiley to involve herself is ridiculous and puzzling all the same.

Martin is beggining to get found out. He will, remove people from screen when not agreeing undermine people with a banner that reads views are not of the network displayed whenever someone is controversial.

Matt spouting off about doing people for libel today is a repeat of a threat he made weeks ago last time. They were under fire.

The issue is, and people are highlighting to them, they are generating increasing amounts of negativity and fans aren't forgetting the controversy so everyone piles in on issues old and new with lots of ammo against them. The case of belittling someone for their occupation at McDonald's springs heavily to mind.

In the same thread they have tried to discredit the longstanding local press, and play down the existence of this forum.

Think Martin works with Russell Claydon now as well

Wonder if Teddy or KVY know this?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 19:02 - May 13 with 4920 viewsLankHenners

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 18:29 - May 13 by Illinoisblue

Is there a podcast out there who HASN’T had some kind of interview with the owners? TT were talking up claims of exclusive the other week and were then quickly trumped by KOA. Said it before, the Lambert guy seems genuine but is let down by the other two who seem to be in a permanent state of shouty anger. Anyway, when fans are back in the ground and people can rant at the game and in the pub, their YouTube chat will surely fade to dust.

Yeah does seem like once it's known one of the owners is up for a chat everyone jumps at the chance. Would hate to read whatever TT sent to them as an interview request, probably cringey enough to make your skull shrink in on itself. That 'exclusive' claim and subsequent reveal of how not very exclusive at all it was was a good laugh, second only to bedsheet taking a not very subtle dig at Blue Monday for wearing non-Town kits then someone very quickly replying with a photo of the melt himself in a Barca top.

Hopefully, though I fear they'll try and take over that other lot who were trying to make themselves the 'Arsenal Fan TV' of Town. As SB says you'd like to think the owners etc. will work out who is best to talk to and who to avoid.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Someone suggested that the "Teddy Bishop"..... on 19:29 - May 13 with 4788 viewsBloots

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 18:25 - May 13 by Illinoisblue

Where was the libel accusation?

....voice note was their doing.

Blue tick twanger got massively defensive and said it was libel.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Someone suggested that the "Teddy Bishop"..... on 19:46 - May 13 with 4684 viewsborge

Someone suggested that the "Teddy Bishop"..... on 19:29 - May 13 by Bloots

....voice note was their doing.

Blue tick twanger got massively defensive and said it was libel.

Why and how does he even have a blue tick? Who the hell is he?
Someone suggested that the "Teddy Bishop"..... on 19:55 - May 13 with 4555 viewsportmanking

Someone suggested that the "Teddy Bishop"..... on 19:46 - May 13 by borge

Why and how does he even have a blue tick? Who the hell is he?

No-one knows. Allegedly he's a singer-songwriter but can't seem to find any of his hit material. Poor man's Ed Sheeran, I heard.
This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 20:02 - May 13 with 4461 viewsitfcjoe

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 17:42 - May 13 by portmanking

Yes, apologies Joe. You're right, I am of course talking about Talking Town.

Also agreed on them being a YouTube channel rather than a podcast, especially given the lack of nuance!

Is it just me or is the main presenter the most arrogant individual involved? Claims the show is all about opinions and then laughs fellow fans off the screen when they have a different view to his. Hides it well with a patronising 'love you' though....

Cheers - I just find it frustrating that there is always talk of the 'podcast lot' on twitter and there is talk of how they are on their but feel like we at BM get associated when would like to think we aren't like that......although I have had an active day on there getting called out a bit today!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 20:04 - May 13 with 4439 viewsJudgealdinho31

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 18:04 - May 13 by SomethingBlue

There is a role for a podcast of their style & tone but their neediness and sneering at others, which I note even crept into their Detmer thing the other day, is unbecoming. Hope the new owners are careful to be discerning and keep them at arm's length when necessary, they'll turn nasty if things don't start going exactly to their liking in any case.

Could it not be argued that this thread is no different and possibly even more nasty to anything Talking Town fans post, tweet and say?
He's reading this thread at the moment.... on 20:06 - May 13 with 4407 viewsBloots

Someone suggested that the "Teddy Bishop"..... on 19:55 - May 13 by portmanking

No-one knows. Allegedly he's a singer-songwriter but can't seem to find any of his hit material. Poor man's Ed Sheeran, I heard.

....just quoted it on twitter.

He couldn't resist visiting "the den of rats".

Funny.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 20:08 - May 13 with 4394 viewsSomethingBlue

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 20:04 - May 13 by Judgealdinho31

Could it not be argued that this thread is no different and possibly even more nasty to anything Talking Town fans post, tweet and say?

I don't think there's really an equivalence; I do think those lads create battles where there are none to be had. Everyone should be able to coexist without that. There's space for all.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 20:15]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 20:14 - May 13 with 4319 viewsMB26

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 20:02 - May 13 by itfcjoe

Cheers - I just find it frustrating that there is always talk of the 'podcast lot' on twitter and there is talk of how they are on their but feel like we at BM get associated when would like to think we aren't like that......although I have had an active day on there getting called out a bit today!

Speaking from experience, had nothing but support and constructive advice from the rest of the podcasts during my brief time running one (ITFC Unrestricted). All the boys from BM, as well as Ben's solo channel, KOA and GB of Naked Footy. Still chat with most regularly even with my hiatus from Twitter.

It's unfair of me to criticise the hardwork that Martin and others have clearly put in over the past year or so but incidents like this do taint the product. I've met Martin and Rich and they are perfectly civil and passionate Town fans in person.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 20:16]
This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 20:14 - May 13 with 4322 viewsjaykay

This podcast Vs local media claptrap on 18:29 - May 13 by Illinoisblue

looks like you have made it in one of their tweets

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024