Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... 17:50 - May 13 with 6129 viewsitfcjoe

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-ipswich-mark-ashton-54

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 17:52 - May 13 with 4578 viewsDubtractor

That seems a little unlikely, but as per posts elsewhere, given the money spent on non playing staff, you have to assume some serious money is available.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 17:54 - May 13 with 4542 viewsSomethingBlue

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 17:52 - May 13 by Dubtractor

That seems a little unlikely, but as per posts elsewhere, given the money spent on non playing staff, you have to assume some serious money is available.

Nothing would really surprise me at the moment to be honest. Being able to spend it well, especially within the rules, will be another matter though.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 17:55 - May 13 with 4521 viewsFPL_Tractor

“Influential independent Ipswich website TWTD”. Nice.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 17:56 - May 13 with 4486 viewsDubtractor

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 17:54 - May 13 by SomethingBlue

Nothing would really surprise me at the moment to be honest. Being able to spend it well, especially within the rules, will be another matter though.

It'll be fine, we're Ipswich, when have we ever made a massive hash of spending big money on players.......

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:00 - May 13 with 4404 viewsFreddies_Ears

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 17:55 - May 13 by FPL_Tractor

Oh. Kind of undermines the credibility of the rest of the article.
£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:05 - May 13 with 4305 viewsclive_baker

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 17:52 - May 13 by Dubtractor

Quite right. You don't invest in prising away expensive Executives, medical personnel, scouting teams etc to have Myles Kenlock hacking around at left back on a Saturday afternoon. Whether those figures are reliable or not I don't know, but there's definitely money for Cook to spend over the next few months.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:09 - May 13 with 4218 viewspositivity

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:05 - May 13 by clive_baker

Quite right. You don't invest in prising away expensive Executives, medical personnel, scouting teams etc to have Myles Kenlock hacking around at left back on a Saturday afternoon. Whether those figures are reliable or not I don't know, but there's definitely money for Cook to spend over the next few months.

i'm not up on the rules.

does the limit on spending only apply to player acquisitions/wages? if so, wise to invest in other staff/facilities...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:11 - May 13 with 4163 viewsSaigonTractor

I don't see how they'd know. Feels like they've just ran with speculation here.
Login to get fewer ads

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:13 - May 13 with 4132 viewsWickets

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:05 - May 13 by clive_baker

£40 Mill budget ? is that anyway possible under the 60% of turnover rule .
£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:13 - May 13 with 4127 viewsMetal_Hacker

As much as I’d like to see that spent on playing staff I can’t see it , even in the championship

Poll: If it were one or the other

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:15 - May 13 with 4078 viewspointofblue

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:13 - May 13 by Wickets

Only if the owners give the club the money, and not as a loan.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:15 - May 13 with 4070 viewsMrTown

You don’t pull executives from a well established championship Bristol City for them to come to a mid table League 1 outfit with no ambition or big plans.

They are serious about turning us in to a serious outfit.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 18:16]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:16 - May 13 with 4038 viewsStokieBlue

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:13 - May 13 by Wickets

Depends how much Ed is paying for his sponsorship I guess. Also depends on the crowds we get. It seems that transfer fees are outside the scope of fair play so it's just wages that are an issue and I guess there can be clauses and incentives in there.

40m still seems massively high but would start to explain the level of departures.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:18 - May 13 with 4015 viewsclive_baker

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:09 - May 13 by positivity

i'm not up on the rules.

does the limit on spending only apply to player acquisitions/wages? if so, wise to invest in other staff/facilities...

The limit on spending is based on player salaries, rather than transfer fees. So a max of 60% of turnover on player salaries.

You would think there are ways around this in terms of how the deals are structured, with large signing on fees and lower salaries etc, I'm not sure to what extent that would be factored into the calculation.

The crucial difference in L1 and L2 is the definition of turnover, whereby owners can inject equity, and it's included in the turnover figure. It completely de-risks the prospect of overspending, if the owners are in a position to inject equity and bring that player wage expenditure % back under 60%.

Profit on player sales also fall under Turnover. So every £1 of transfer revenue will also free up 60p of wages to invest.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:21 - May 13 with 3962 viewsHARRY10

"It is said......."

By whom ?

Is there someone at Bristol who knows the exact figure, and if so how ? Or have they simply guessed, or confused that with the money it supposedly cost the new owners to buy the club ?

Is the figure an extra amount, a one off ?

If it is a one off amount then it will have to be used to cover the full mount of any contract, or is it the understanding that a similar amount will be available each season ?

If so, we are looking at one helluva amount to be repaid oi capital alone - never mind the interest from an investment.

Or in other words it is just some spotty herbert intern making things up
£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:25 - May 13 with 3867 viewsBluefish

How can we spend that and stay in the spending rules?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:26 - May 13 with 3875 viewspositivity

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:18 - May 13 by clive_baker

The limit on spending is based on player salaries, rather than transfer fees. So a max of 60% of turnover on player salaries.

You would think there are ways around this in terms of how the deals are structured, with large signing on fees and lower salaries etc, I'm not sure to what extent that would be factored into the calculation.

The crucial difference in L1 and L2 is the definition of turnover, whereby owners can inject equity, and it's included in the turnover figure. It completely de-risks the prospect of overspending, if the owners are in a position to inject equity and bring that player wage expenditure % back under 60%.

Profit on player sales also fall under Turnover. So every £1 of transfer revenue will also free up 60p of wages to invest.

thanks for that, very informative.

does look like there's some leeway (though i'll still only believe the 40m figure when we spend it!)

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:32 - May 13 with 3791 viewsBseaBlue

Very interesting. So effectively, day we sold a player for a million quid, we add 600k to the wage budget which we couldn't have necessarily added by other means?

If so, it might make the extension decisions make a lot more sense!
£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:34 - May 13 with 3730 viewschrismakin

Am I right in that Bonus's don't count in the % either, so we could offer higher signing on fees and higher promotion bonus's instead of a big weekly wage....
[Post edited 13 May 2021 18:37]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:42 - May 13 with 3571 viewsBiGDonnie

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 17:55 - May 13 by FPL_Tractor

Ha, I smiled when I read that!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:44 - May 13 with 3554 viewsLeaky

Probably be bonuses for promotion
£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:50 - May 13 with 3465 viewsButterbing

The Bristol Post barely gets anything right about Bristol’s own teams so I would disregard it entirely.
£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:53 - May 13 with 3425 viewsSomethingBlue

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:21 - May 13 by HARRY10

"It is said......."

By whom ?

Is there someone at Bristol who knows the exact figure, and if so how ? Or have they simply guessed, or confused that with the money it supposedly cost the new owners to buy the club ?

Is the figure an extra amount, a one off ?

If it is a one off amount then it will have to be used to cover the full mount of any contract, or is it the understanding that a similar amount will be available each season ?

If so, we are looking at one helluva amount to be repaid oi capital alone - never mind the interest from an investment.

Or in other words it is just some spotty herbert intern making things up

It will have come from somewhere, whether or not it's right — and the piece is in fact bylined by their sports editor. Journalists get things wrong and some outlets certainly stretch things but it's really tiresome and dangerous to assume people are just lying. 99.99% are just doing their jobs. Keep undermining the media and you'll destroy a free press eventually — just as the dangerous b6stards in charge of this country wish you to. Rant over, sorry!
[Post edited 13 May 2021 19:01]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 19:00 - May 13 with 3322 viewsmylittletown

Be interesting to know how much of Steve Lansdown's money they spunked away to finish 19th in the Championship.
£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 19:04 - May 13 with 3246 viewsParky

I think I’m correct in saying that sponsorship also falls under turnover, therefore, the money Ed Sheeran ‘donated’ to the club also plays a part.

As you’ve said, I think there are and will be plenty of loopholes should we want to spend, Ashton appears to be very savvy when it comes to transfers, so I’m sure no stone will be left unturned.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024