Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who’s coming here from this lot then...? 09:22 - May 14 with 1824 viewsSitfcB

The released ones obviously. Courtney Senior and/or Harry Pell?

Or are we frying bigger fish?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 09:31 - May 14 with 1667 viewssaffers12

Much bigger
Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 09:33 - May 14 with 1638 viewshype313

Think Moby (not the artist)

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 09:36 - May 14 with 1594 viewscatch74

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 09:33 - May 14 by hype313

Moby Tonray?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 09:46 - May 14 with 1503 viewssolemio

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 09:33 - May 14 by hype313

I heard he's a Dick.
Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 09:51 - May 14 with 1444 viewsclive_baker

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 09:31 - May 14 by saffers12

Much bigger

As a fanbase I think we've been beaten down for so long, that we dare not believe we're in the market for bigger. We'll inevitably be linked with a whole host of players as agents drum up business, but I think we might be a little surprised at the level of ambition when they start coming through the door. They firmly want to build a side to get us up at the first attempt.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 09:52 - May 14 with 1418 viewsSWGF

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 09:31 - May 14 by saffers12

Much bigger

Jan Molby?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 09:52 - May 14 with 1418 viewsKieran_Knows

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 09:51 - May 14 by clive_baker

As a fanbase I think we've been beaten down for so long, that we dare not believe we're in the market for bigger. We'll inevitably be linked with a whole host of players as agents drum up business, but I think we might be a little surprised at the level of ambition when they start coming through the door. They firmly want to build a side to get us up at the first attempt.

... and a side that will compete in the Championship if and when we get there.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 10:14 - May 14 with 1211 viewsSWGF

Wonder how they're going to replace that lot..........?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Login to get fewer ads

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 10:16 - May 14 with 1177 viewsSWGF

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 09:52 - May 14 by Kieran_Knows

... and a side that will compete in the Championship if and when we get there.

That's the thing. It's got to be a core who can compete in the Champ. Don't want to be the Demolition Man next summer as well (given it's a certainty we're going up, etc etc).

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 10:17 - May 14 with 1161 viewsmonty_radio

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 10:14 - May 14 by SWGF

Wonder how they're going to replace that lot..........?

via Playford Rd shuttle-bus?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 10:19 - May 14 with 1133 viewsSWGF

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 10:17 - May 14 by monty_radio

via Playford Rd shuttle-bus?

Stop off at Marks Tey to pick up Freddie, on the way to Tiptree. Could work perfectly.

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 10:41 - May 14 with 988 viewsclive_baker

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 10:16 - May 14 by SWGF

That's the thing. It's got to be a core who can compete in the Champ. Don't want to be the Demolition Man next summer as well (given it's a certainty we're going up, etc etc).

As you say I think the hope would be that the players we can hopefully get in, like a Waghorn, players of of that ilk would be ones we could look to use at a higher level should we get there. I think we would certainly add again next summer though. Sounds to me like the strategy is definitely Phase 1: Get to the Championship. Then take stock if / when we've achieved that.

I notice Bristol City are likely shifting on a fair few players, with the obvious link there to our off the field recruitment. I wonder if any of those will be of interest to us. Baker (struggled for fitness), Paterson, Walsh. No doubt all too good for L1, no doubt none of them cheap, but 3 or 4 signings of that ilk would certainly give us a good chance.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 10:42 - May 14 with 965 viewsVic

Definitely frying MUCH bigger fish.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 10:48 - May 14 with 897 viewsmonty_radio

Who’s coming here from this lot then...? on 10:41 - May 14 by clive_baker

As you say I think the hope would be that the players we can hopefully get in, like a Waghorn, players of of that ilk would be ones we could look to use at a higher level should we get there. I think we would certainly add again next summer though. Sounds to me like the strategy is definitely Phase 1: Get to the Championship. Then take stock if / when we've achieved that.

I notice Bristol City are likely shifting on a fair few players, with the obvious link there to our off the field recruitment. I wonder if any of those will be of interest to us. Baker (struggled for fitness), Paterson, Walsh. No doubt all too good for L1, no doubt none of them cheap, but 3 or 4 signings of that ilk would certainly give us a good chance.

Walsh is not a Scouser, but he is a Toffee. Paterson is maybe, age and achievement-wise a little below the standard currently being hinted at?
[Post edited 14 May 2021 11:29]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024