Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had a go at redesigning the club badge 17:13 - May 14 with 4973 viewsbugblatter

For a bit of fun I had a look at giving the club badge a redesign.

Have a read of my blog post, if it is of interest to you…

http://www.comehitherdesign.com/blog/files/itfc-badge-redesign.php
Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 17:26 - May 14 with 3387 viewsSteve_M

Interesting. I seem to remember that Arsenal changed their badge so they could copyright the design.

Of your new ITFC designed, I prefer the one where the shield has no coloured border, bottom left. Just looks a bit cleaner than those with a border. Not totally convinced of any need to change just yet either.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 17:31 - May 14 with 3354 viewsbugblatter

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 17:26 - May 14 by Steve_M

Interesting. I seem to remember that Arsenal changed their badge so they could copyright the design.

Of your new ITFC designed, I prefer the one where the shield has no coloured border, bottom left. Just looks a bit cleaner than those with a border. Not totally convinced of any need to change just yet either.

I’m not convinced it needs changing either – it was just a fun exercise, and when I looked at the current design in more detail I noticed it had some issues that could probably be improved, which could be done without anyone actually noticing, so I thought why not make more changes?
[Post edited 14 May 2021 17:53]
Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 17:43 - May 14 with 3269 viewsRamseyRobson

Any idea why the water direction (up to down) changed in the 1990's? (down to up)

Think i prefer the original incarnation
Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 17:48 - May 14 with 3236 viewsmojo

Really interesting post Bugblatter. I am not keen on the W. A bit too similar to Volkswagen for me but otherwise a really good effort and a most enjoyable read.
Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 18:12 - May 14 with 3155 viewsslaughteredskipper

I actually really like your redesign in particular the more fierce Suffolk punch - I like the idea of a team with a bit of bite and think we’ve projected too soft an image for a while. Time to project a fiercer, more ambitious image and this could well be helped through the club badge.
Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 18:16 - May 14 with 3129 viewsRonFearonsHair

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 18:12 - May 14 by slaughteredskipper

I actually really like your redesign in particular the more fierce Suffolk punch - I like the idea of a team with a bit of bite and think we’ve projected too soft an image for a while. Time to project a fiercer, more ambitious image and this could well be helped through the club badge.

Time to find ferocious Bluey again?

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 18:16 - May 14 with 3128 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not doing it for me, sorry.

The shadow is too MS Word, you've spelt ITFC wrong and it's not even the right colour.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 18:23 - May 14 with 3101 viewsBlueBertie

These two are good....

Login to get fewer ads

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 18:32 - May 14 with 3051 viewsBlueBertie

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 18:16 - May 14 by Swansea_Blue

The shadow is too MS Word, you've spelt ITFC wrong and it's not even the right colour.

Just a bit of fun he said? 🤦‍♂️
Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 18:37 - May 14 with 3027 viewsWacko

Top middle is by far the best for me!

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 18:41 - May 14 with 3013 viewsSwansea_Blue

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 18:32 - May 14 by BlueBertie

Just a bit of fun he said? 🤦‍♂️

I think that went a bit over your head!

Thet are very good indeed, but the first logo you see when you click on the thread is the one I was referring too. Obviously I realise that wasn't what the OP designed. Apologies ot the OP if he thought I was being serious.
[Post edited 14 May 2021 18:44]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 18:43 - May 14 with 3003 viewsPositivelyPortman

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 18:23 - May 14 by BlueBertie

These two are good....

I much prefer the bottom one of these two.
The only alteration I’d make would make the ‘established 1878’ in white out of the blue.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 18:44 - May 14 with 3003 viewsBlueBertie

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 18:37 - May 14 by Wacko

Top middle is by far the best for me!

https://imgur.com/a/kI30KuS
[Post edited 14 May 2021 18:47]
Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 18:53 - May 14 with 2953 viewsstrikalite

Needs redesigning imo with a slightly more athletic looking Suffolk Punch yes, the younger generation will thank us, if you put the ferrari prancing horse next to our carthorse, which one would they choose?

It's dated..
Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 19:22 - May 14 with 2877 viewsBlueBertie

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 18:41 - May 14 by Swansea_Blue

Thet are very good indeed, but the first logo you see when you click on the thread is the one I was referring too. Obviously I realise that wasn't what the OP designed. Apologies ot the OP if he thought I was being serious.

Sorry it's been a long day. 🤪
Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 19:32 - May 14 with 2855 viewsdickie

Interesting exercise, but I still prefer the old yellow badge. I do quite like your design with no shield at all though (radical maaann!)
Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 20:18 - May 14 with 2760 viewsbugblatter

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 18:16 - May 14 by RonFearonsHair

Time to find ferocious Bluey again?

I loved that old Bluey. I really do often wonder what happened to him. He must be somewhere. They wouldn’t have skipped him surely?!

AN INVESTIGATION MUST BE ARRANGED.

Shall I start a crowd-funder?
Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 20:19 - May 14 with 2752 viewsbugblatter

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 20:18 - May 14 by bugblatter

I loved that old Bluey. I really do often wonder what happened to him. He must be somewhere. They wouldn’t have skipped him surely?!

AN INVESTIGATION MUST BE ARRANGED.

Shall I start a crowd-funder?

Bit odd that he didn’t have hooves though…
Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 20:40 - May 14 with 2666 viewsgiant_stow

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 18:16 - May 14 by Swansea_Blue

There no harsher critique to a designer than mentinni g ms word, you absolute rotter!

Op, I like your addition of the darker blue next to the lighter one. And your pissed off horse. Grr!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 20:48 - May 14 with 2638 viewsDarth_Koont

Font-tastic!

Love a bit of fancy font-work. And I really like the “mashed” Ws.

I think it’s a tough job too. The horse, ball and waves are strange elements – and aren’t massively associated with the ITFC brand by anyone other than us who can see the connection back to teams wearing a similar badge in the late 70s and early 80s.

Perhaps like in the 1970s, it’s time to do a complete re-think? Particularly about the elements.

And I’m definitely not saying tractors!!

Pronouns: He/Him

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 20:51 - May 14 with 2614 viewsjeera

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 20:48 - May 14 by Darth_Koont

Font-tastic!

Love a bit of fancy font-work. And I really like the “mashed” Ws.

I think it’s a tough job too. The horse, ball and waves are strange elements – and aren’t massively associated with the ITFC brand by anyone other than us who can see the connection back to teams wearing a similar badge in the late 70s and early 80s.

Perhaps like in the 1970s, it’s time to do a complete re-think? Particularly about the elements.

And I’m definitely not saying tractors!!

No, a horse driving a tractor is not the way forward.

No matter how amusing it might seem for the first few weeks.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 20:53 - May 14 with 2613 viewsDarth_Koont

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 18:41 - May 14 by Swansea_Blue

I laughed. That was a good one.

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 20:55 - May 14 with 2606 viewsDarth_Koont

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 20:51 - May 14 by jeera

No, a horse driving a tractor is not the way forward.

No matter how amusing it might seem for the first few weeks.

I think we should have an image of someone having a good clear out.

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 20:55 - May 14 with 2608 viewsXYZ

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 20:40 - May 14 by giant_stow

There no harsher critique to a designer than mentinni g ms word, you absolute rotter!

Op, I like your addition of the darker blue next to the lighter one. And your pissed off horse. Grr!

When are they going to rename stockholm syndrome in your honour?
Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 20:56 - May 14 with 2589 viewsjeera

Had a go at redesigning the club badge on 20:40 - May 14 by giant_stow

What you don't want is two colours that just don't go together.

As far as kit/badge designs go, that could be catastrophic.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024