Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR bulls1t 19:04 - May 15 with 2419 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I want Leicester to win, but that's a joke.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

VAR bulls1t on 19:06 - May 15 with 2154 viewsLesta_Tractor

The var application of the offside rule is a joke

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

VAR bulls1t on 19:07 - May 15 with 2150 viewsBlueschev

Exactly what I said. Utter nonsense!
VAR bulls1t on 19:08 - May 15 with 2128 viewsquirkie

He was offside though to be fair.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

VAR bulls1t on 19:09 - May 15 with 2128 viewsSitfcB

He was offside.

It wasn’t even the tightest one we’ve seen this season.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

VAR bulls1t on 19:10 - May 15 with 2116 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

VAR bulls1t on 19:08 - May 15 by quirkie

He was offside though to be fair.

Potentially by a few milimetres, but then again VAR isn't as accurate as that so we'll never know.

Clear and obvious error? I think not.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

VAR bulls1t on 19:10 - May 15 with 2107 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

VAR bulls1t on 19:09 - May 15 by SitfcB

He was offside.

You're clearly a Twitter user.

Clear and obvious error? Nope.

VAR bulls1t on 19:12 - May 15 with 2065 viewsjayessess

no VAR and the ref's assistant just gives it with the naked eye most of the time, surely?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

VAR bulls1t on 19:16 - May 15 with 2008 viewsNthQldITFC

He was offside.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

VAR bulls1t on 19:16 - May 15 with 1998 viewsSitfcB

VAR bulls1t on 19:10 - May 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Na I hate twitter, vile place.

Rules are rules. Had it have been the other way round I’d be fumin tbf haha

COYB

VAR bulls1t on 19:18 - May 15 with 1962 viewsSE1blue

Agreed.

I wanted Leicester to win but on the still picture of the offside pass, the ball was already a foot away from the player making the pass.

Too tight to call.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

VAR bulls1t on 19:19 - May 15 with 1936 viewsLamby95

Potentially by a few milimetres, but then again VAR isn't as accurate as that so we'll never know.

Watching live it’s one of those where it looks offside in real time and it’s a split second. Without VAR I think there is every chance the linesman flag goes up pre VAR with that one
VAR bulls1t on 19:21 - May 15 with 1908 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

VAR bulls1t on 19:19 - May 15 by Lamby95

Watching live it’s one of those where it looks offside in real time and it’s a split second. Without VAR I think there is every chance the linesman flag goes up pre VAR with that one

Agree to differ.

VAR bulls1t on 19:21 - May 15 with 1901 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Calm down Bro.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

VAR bulls1t on 19:28 - May 15 with 1852 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

VAR bulls1t on 19:21 - May 15 by Cheltenham_Blue

Calm down Bro.

VAR bulls1t on 19:31 - May 15 with 1836 viewsjayessess

VAR bulls1t on 19:19 - May 15 by Lamby95

yeah looked off live to me too. Statistically, non-VAR ref's assistants tend to perceive attackers to be further forward than they are and raise their flag if in doubt ( https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18377164/). As an attacker you're actually more likely to get a marginal call in your favour from VAR than a lino.

(I'm still anti-VAR, because it wrecks match going, but nevertheless)

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

VAR bulls1t on 19:38 - May 15 with 1790 viewsITFC_Forever

He was offside.

What Sitters said.

As soon as I saw the replay, I knew it would be disallowed.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

VAR bulls1t on 19:57 - May 15 with 1718 viewsN2_Blue

VAR bulls1t on 19:07 - May 15 by Blueschev

Exactly what I said. Utter nonsense!

Why?

It was offside, no debate, no controversy, no silly body parts, just black and white offside.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

VAR bulls1t on 20:32 - May 15 with 1643 viewsSitfcB

COYB

VAR bulls1t on 22:39 - May 15 with 1482 viewsJ4ck22

But still an error nevertheless...
VAR bulls1t on 22:44 - May 15 with 1467 viewsstonojnr

I didnt think offsides on goals had to be clear and obvious errors though ? they fell in the binary is or isnt category, which has been the cause of the controversy this season, because every goal is automatically checked if it is or isnt valid, and offsides in play leading to a goal will always be picked up and goals ruled out if they are found the ref/linesman dont have to spot them or make the error miscalling

which you could argue changes the way they officiate on close calls as they know VAR will make the decision for them and I bet the amount of close call got wrong offsides on goals has shrunk alot.

So a bit like American football or even rugby I guess the players/fans/tv need to learn its not a goal till its confirmed a goal thing, which unfortunately in a game like that today the whole scored an equaliser in the FA cup elation/celebration thing gets forgotten
VAR bulls1t on 22:56 - May 15 with 1440 viewspositivity

VAR bulls1t on 22:44 - May 15 by stonojnr

I didnt think offsides on goals had to be clear and obvious errors though ? they fell in the binary is or isnt category, which has been the cause of the controversy this season, because every goal is automatically checked if it is or isnt valid, and offsides in play leading to a goal will always be picked up and goals ruled out if they are found the ref/linesman dont have to spot them or make the error miscalling

which you could argue changes the way they officiate on close calls as they know VAR will make the decision for them and I bet the amount of close call got wrong offsides on goals has shrunk alot.

So a bit like American football or even rugby I guess the players/fans/tv need to learn its not a goal till its confirmed a goal thing, which unfortunately in a game like that today the whole scored an equaliser in the FA cup elation/celebration thing gets forgotten

it's like goal-line technology, either it's over the line (even by a millimetre) or it's not.

defining a clear and obvious error in a binary decision is tough.

where do you draw the line? go with the ref's original decision unless it's wrong by a metre? 50 cm? an inch?

no idea on the error margins of the tech, that might inform things

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

VAR bulls1t on 23:14 - May 15 with 1421 viewsVaughan8

The problem is, over here we haven't been using the "clear and obvious"?

I saw a Serie A game this midweek and they actually use it. there was a 50:50 penalty incident, the ref didn't give it. they moved on because it wasn't a clear and obvious error. You could argue either way.

Here we seem to analyse it too much.

I'm fully for the clear and obvious rule to actually be implemented.

However today's goal was offside and was even a gap between the lines....

I don't like how VAR is used over here, but it has to be consistent with the rest of the season
VAR bulls1t on 00:44 - May 16 with 1328 viewsrickw

VAR bulls1t on 23:14 - May 15 by Vaughan8

The problem is, over here we haven't been using the "clear and obvious"?

I saw a Serie A game this midweek and they actually use it. there was a 50:50 penalty incident, the ref didn't give it. they moved on because it wasn't a clear and obvious error. You could argue either way.

Here we seem to analyse it too much.

I'm fully for the clear and obvious rule to actually be implemented.

However today's goal was offside and was even a gap between the lines....

I don't like how VAR is used over here, but it has to be consistent with the rest of the season

You say that - but I think they freezed the frame after the ball had left Silva's foot, if they'd have freezed it a millisecond before he'd have been onside.

Basically these marginal decisions are all stupid, there used to be such a thing as level. I would allow the VAR officials to draw 1 line and have a few seconds to call it or not, if they can't tell - it's called level and the game moves on.

Before VAR had anyone ever complained that someone was offside by a toe or kneecap? No

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

VAR bulls1t on 08:00 - May 16 with 1186 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

VAR bulls1t on 22:44 - May 15 by stonojnr

‘ So a bit like American football or even rugby I guess the players/fans/tv need to learn its not a goal till its confirmed a goal thing, which unfortunately in a game like that today the whole scored an equaliser in the FA cup elation/celebration thing gets forgotten’

Oh great, let’s not celebrate any goals until 5 minutes after then, just to be sure

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

VAR bulls1t on 08:12 - May 16 with 1166 viewsKropotkin123

Agreed. The way it is applied is ridiculous.

Offside was intended to stop goal hanging. It should be anyone who is ahead of the last man with an air gap.

But, yeah, happy Leicester won

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024