Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR aside, Schmeichel won that for them. 19:25 - May 15 with 1034 viewsSE1blue

Two immense saves.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

VAR aside, Schmeichel won that for them. on 19:26 - May 15 with 1023 viewsWD19

And Fofanas defending throughout.

And Vardys tireless running.

Was a very organised team performance.
VAR aside, Schmeichel won that for them. on 19:31 - May 15 with 983 viewsChurchman

It shows why the keeper is the first position to fill, not the last. Schmeichel was immense. As good as his saves are, it’s his presence that always impresses me. All top keepers have it.
VAR aside, Schmeichel won that for them. on 19:35 - May 15 with 960 viewsnorfsufblue

The question is would T Holy have dived and tried to stop it
VAR aside, Schmeichel won that for them. on 10:24 - May 16 with 829 viewsRyorry

I made it four!

He was within a gnat's whisker of MotM.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

VAR aside, Schmeichel won that for them. on 12:37 - May 16 with 801 viewsThe_Last_Baron

The save from Mount was as good as it gets. A fine goalkeeper who never gets the credit he deserves because his father was the greatest ever.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

VAR aside, Schmeichel won that for them. on 12:43 - May 16 with 787 viewsRyorry

VAR aside, Schmeichel won that for them. on 12:37 - May 16 by The_Last_Baron

The save from Mount was as good as it gets. A fine goalkeeper who never gets the credit he deserves because his father was the greatest ever.

Just think how much better Holy might have been if he'd had Schmeicel snr as his coach instead of Jimmy Walker ;)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

VAR aside, Schmeichel won that for them. on 12:50 - May 16 with 779 viewssolemio

His father was an exceptionally good keeper, but the best ever? Possibly not.

Gordon Banks, Lev Yashin, Pat Jennings, David Best. Well perhaps not the last of those.
VAR aside, Schmeichel won that for them. on 12:57 - May 16 with 767 viewsThe_Last_Baron

VAR aside, Schmeichel won that for them. on 12:50 - May 16 by solemio

His father was an exceptionally good keeper, but the best ever? Possibly not.

Gordon Banks, Lev Yashin, Pat Jennings, David Best. Well perhaps not the last of those.

I never saw Yashin but I did get to see Rinat Dasayev. I can't imagine Yashin was better than Dasayev who was outstanding, one of the greats who never gets mentioned in the British press.

My top 5 keepers would be Schmeichel, Jennings, Dasayev, Southall & Buffon, with Petr Cech not far away. I'd rate Cech as the best Premier League goalkeeper this century.

As for Holy, he is far too tall for a goalkeeper. 6ft - 6ft 3 is the perfect height for a keeper in my opinion.
[Post edited 16 May 2021 12:58]

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Login to get fewer ads

VAR aside, Schmeichel won that for them. on 13:39 - May 16 with 723 viewstextbackup

Years ago when he was at Leeds, I said on here that we needed a new keeper and signing someone like him would show real intent...

Was told I only said this because of who his dad was. And that the potential wasn’t there.

Funny. Will always stick in my mind

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

VAR aside, Schmeichel won that for them. on 13:52 - May 16 with 700 viewsChrisd

Personally, I'm a big fan of Schmeichel's a very solid performer gets on with it with little fuss and is a leader of that side. The top keepers make the saves at the crucial times and that one against Mount was really top notch.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

VAR aside, Schmeichel won that for them. on 13:56 - May 16 with 697 viewsChrisd

I get the impression he prefers it that way, rather than drawing attention to himself. Still think his Dad was a better all round keeper, but Kasper has had to prove the critics wrong as he's had the burden of the Schmeichel name on his back (literally), while forging a career in the same position. Nevertheless, he has had a stellar career at the top level and is such a positive role model for the club.
[Post edited 16 May 2021 14:12]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

VAR aside, Schmeichel won that for them. on 20:45 - May 18 with 527 viewssolemio

VAR aside, Schmeichel won that for them. on 12:57 - May 16 by The_Last_Baron

I never saw Yashin but I did get to see Rinat Dasayev. I can't imagine Yashin was better than Dasayev who was outstanding, one of the greats who never gets mentioned in the British press.

My top 5 keepers would be Schmeichel, Jennings, Dasayev, Southall & Buffon, with Petr Cech not far away. I'd rate Cech as the best Premier League goalkeeper this century.

As for Holy, he is far too tall for a goalkeeper. 6ft - 6ft 3 is the perfect height for a keeper in my opinion.
[Post edited 16 May 2021 12:58]

Good to see you mention Neville Southall. I always felt he was under-appreciated. So consistently good over a long period of time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024