Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell not good enough for us apparently 19:39 - May 15 with 9181 viewsreusersfreekicks

but 3 championship clubs seem to think he is good enough for them.
What do they know?
Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 20:15 - May 15 with 2416 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 20:09 - May 15 by Steve_M

Yes, it really is rather telling. He’s 22 and just played a full season for the first time in a somewhat messed up team. It’s carelessness to be so willing to throw away assets, especially those where the potential upside is high.

Maybe his attitude stinks.

The point is, we've no idea what goes on in training, who has a bad attitude and who doesn't. I rather suspect thats why Cook is going to let us into training, so that there are zero hiding places left for them.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 20:15 - May 15 with 2415 viewsVic

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 20:10 - May 15 by Mullet

He literally ran the last game we played

One dead rubber? I’m as disappointed as the next that Cook seems to be willing to let our crop of youngsters go, but they just haven’t performed enough so far have they. I’m sure they’ll have decent careers eleswhere, but they just haven’t done it enough here. I find much of what pC has done and the way he’s done it disappointing, but from his perspective they haven’t stepped up to the mark sufficiently so if he’s confident he can build a better team then much as it makes me nervous it’s his prerogative to do it. If we end up in the POs or even get automatic we won’t look back in anger. If he can’t put together a decent team he won’t last long!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 20:18 - May 15 with 2395 viewsMullet

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 20:15 - May 15 by Vic

One dead rubber? I’m as disappointed as the next that Cook seems to be willing to let our crop of youngsters go, but they just haven’t performed enough so far have they. I’m sure they’ll have decent careers eleswhere, but they just haven’t done it enough here. I find much of what pC has done and the way he’s done it disappointing, but from his perspective they haven’t stepped up to the mark sufficiently so if he’s confident he can build a better team then much as it makes me nervous it’s his prerogative to do it. If we end up in the POs or even get automatic we won’t look back in anger. If he can’t put together a decent team he won’t last long!

By that logic neither has Cook, Lambert, Evans, et al.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 20:22 - May 15 with 2383 viewsVic

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 20:18 - May 15 by Mullet

By that logic neither has Cook, Lambert, Evans, et al.

Which is why Lambert and Evans aren’t here and Cook won’t be here long either if he doesn’t buck his ideas up!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 20:33 - May 15 with 2361 viewsJohnny_Boy

Ironic because when I read the article I instantly thought he isn’t good enough for Brentford or Blackburn at this exact moment in his career.
Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 20:44 - May 15 with 2329 viewsGuthrum

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 20:02 - May 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

There's zero indication that's the case from the way PC has sold it.

Has Cook himself actually passed comment on what he has said to each player?

It may not have been the same speech to every one.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 20:56 - May 15 with 2287 viewsgordon

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 20:15 - May 15 by Vic

He's given them 10 games.
Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 21:05 - May 15 with 2259 viewsKeaneish

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 20:10 - May 15 by BlueBadger

He's desperately needed some proper coaching and a team set-up around him that suits him.

Would you build your team around Dozzell though? He’s mot experienced or consistent enough to do that in my view.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 21:26 - May 15 with 2207 viewsOldboy

Get as much as possible and move on.
Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 21:32 - May 15 with 2183 viewsQuilterstown

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 21:05 - May 15 by Keaneish

Would you build your team around Dozzell though? He’s mot experienced or consistent enough to do that in my view.

Exactly right
Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 23:05 - May 15 with 2103 viewsPendejo

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 20:06 - May 15 by BloomBlue

Plus if they win the playoff he would be a Premier League player.

That aswell

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 23:15 - May 15 with 2076 viewsKropotkin123

Dozzell is clearly good on a technical level. Good enough that clubs above us may want to take a risk to try and develop him.

As many have illustrated on here, he has also failed to perform on multiple levels for us and we need people more for the here and now, so we can get promoted, rather than hang about it this division for another two years.

The leagues above us are littered with players that showed promise, only to go on and not live up to potential. Just because clubs above us are considering him, it doesn't mean he is about to go on and tear up the championship or even hold his own.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 23:28 - May 15 with 2049 viewsChurchman

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 19:55 - May 15 by Vic

Your second point is totally true, and it’s really the only reason we’re questioning Cook now. He burnt a whole lot of credit with that awful end to the season, and the way he’s contradicted himself.

“We need to be respectful and do things the right way” Yeah, righto Paul!

It looks like you and a high percentage of people are questioning Cooks every action because you want him out and look for any angle to prove the point. He’s been here 2 months. He inherited a shambles that couldn’t get close to beating relegated Swindon at home. These were not his players. They weren’t even fit. A number certainly weren’t interested.

For the first time ever, a prospective coach’s qualifications are scrutinised as if the people scrutinising have a clue what they do, apart from bibs, cones and shout a lot. There was I thinking that a new manager brings his own people and who cares if it’s Mickey Mouse or Klopp - the buck stops with him to get results. Clearly not.

Hammered over how Chambers was told time was up. None of us was there and regardless if it was 1 min or 2 hours I can tell you there’s no easy way to do it. Cook is Hurst mk2 even though the situation is totally different as is their track record. Why? Because he’s happy to see the back of players who’ve struggled in the old 3rd division and were run ragged by Wimbledon?

Most wanted change, but did people really? Saviour Evans or the foreign ‘debt peddlers’. Maybe people prefer the slow suffocation under Evans.

Then we’ve had ‘the Ipswich way’. Yeah, right, so the Ipswich way is to give the bloke 2 months. Actually, for some one month was enough. There was a time when Ipswich supporters were relatively quiet (see Robson’s zombies back in the day), but were reasonably patient. Clearly those days are over.

I hoped he would help get us to the play offs. But from his first game at Gillingham the players opted out. I’ve always thought give the bloke a chance to do what he does, let him get on with it and see where we are in the autumn. Not going to happen.
Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 23:38 - May 15 with 2029 viewsKropotkin123

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 23:28 - May 15 by Churchman

It looks like you and a high percentage of people are questioning Cooks every action because you want him out and look for any angle to prove the point. He’s been here 2 months. He inherited a shambles that couldn’t get close to beating relegated Swindon at home. These were not his players. They weren’t even fit. A number certainly weren’t interested.

For the first time ever, a prospective coach’s qualifications are scrutinised as if the people scrutinising have a clue what they do, apart from bibs, cones and shout a lot. There was I thinking that a new manager brings his own people and who cares if it’s Mickey Mouse or Klopp - the buck stops with him to get results. Clearly not.

Hammered over how Chambers was told time was up. None of us was there and regardless if it was 1 min or 2 hours I can tell you there’s no easy way to do it. Cook is Hurst mk2 even though the situation is totally different as is their track record. Why? Because he’s happy to see the back of players who’ve struggled in the old 3rd division and were run ragged by Wimbledon?

Most wanted change, but did people really? Saviour Evans or the foreign ‘debt peddlers’. Maybe people prefer the slow suffocation under Evans.

Then we’ve had ‘the Ipswich way’. Yeah, right, so the Ipswich way is to give the bloke 2 months. Actually, for some one month was enough. There was a time when Ipswich supporters were relatively quiet (see Robson’s zombies back in the day), but were reasonably patient. Clearly those days are over.

I hoped he would help get us to the play offs. But from his first game at Gillingham the players opted out. I’ve always thought give the bloke a chance to do what he does, let him get on with it and see where we are in the autumn. Not going to happen.

It's a good rant, I agree with a lot of it.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 23:52 - May 15 with 1997 viewsblaggers

Bang on. If Dozzell, Bishop, Edwards are that good, they'd have contributed far more in terms of goals and assists. Dozzell is a tidy player, but at present that's it. IMO he's lazy when we're not in possession. 2 goals is a dreadful return for an attacking midfielder. 1 assist all season, but 10 yellows and a red card. Let's not get precious about someone who statistically contributes jack to the team.

Poll: What happens next?

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 23:55 - May 15 with 1991 viewsZXBlue

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 23:52 - May 15 by blaggers

Bang on. If Dozzell, Bishop, Edwards are that good, they'd have contributed far more in terms of goals and assists. Dozzell is a tidy player, but at present that's it. IMO he's lazy when we're not in possession. 2 goals is a dreadful return for an attacking midfielder. 1 assist all season, but 10 yellows and a red card. Let's not get precious about someone who statistically contributes jack to the team.

Silly comments.

To criticse goal scoring of an "attacking midfielder" who wazs clearly played as a deep lying midfielder for most of the season...

And who has amongst the highest tackling stats in the side.
Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 00:28 - May 16 with 1953 viewsjeera

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 23:52 - May 15 by blaggers

He's lazy? Ok.

I haven't watched enough this season to argue so can't comment too much personally.

Can you offer a few examples because that is a term that tends to get, quite lazily, thrown about a bit.

Doesn't mean you're wrong of course, just asking.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 00:38 - May 16 with 1946 viewsrickw

I think he has talent but needs to play for a team playing the right style, which wasn't us last season.

If Cook wants 2 combative holding midfielders then this isn't Dozzell, so selling at the right price is good business - this is what Brentford and Peterborough have been doing well for years.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 06:57 - May 16 with 1877 viewsjonbull88

How good a player is all about opinion. For me Andre is a difficult one, he clearly has “potential”, however at 22 for me he’s just not kicked on enough. Yes he lost a year due to injury, but he’s been around since he was 16 and has just played almost a full season. I often think he’s held back by his surname, due to fans perhaps having higher than normal expectations, something which are already high due to him coming through the academy.

I’m disappointed he hasn’t been able to show more of his potential here but for me the whole squad is rotten to the core and the clear out should ha e happened when we went down IMO. I wish him well and hope he has a decent career and hope he makes it to the premiership but feel he needs to move on to kick on tbh
The problem with Dozzell and the problem with selling him on 07:13 - May 16 with 1866 viewsunstableblue

The problem with Dozzell was he only got one assist last season. And for the qtr back role he settled into, looking more forward, that’s not good enough. Also his back tracking and tackling is weak for being one of the deeper two..

However, this was as much to do with what was in front of him and the shape of the front four than perhaps him.

Dozzell had only just played his first full season, he progressed massively, and for me he developed in the right way… his passing was becoming excellent and some of his forward distribution was exquisite.

I felt he needed the summer to recharge and with better width and the right number 10 he was going to kick on.

I get why he might not fit cooks plans, but for me we would have to pay a lot of money to get someone with Dozzells ability - and he would work in the championship

Benchmark Dozzell against Nolan for example

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 07:26 - May 16 with 1843 viewshype313

Personally I think Dozzell and us as a club are just both in the wrong place at the wrong time for him to succeed.what we need to get out of this league is a certain type of player, and as much as Dozzell has a wand of a left foot and great vision, his deficiencies elsewhere mean that we essentially need a certain type of player next to him for him to function at full throttle, a luxury we don't have.

He's clearly a gifted player and could quite easily make the step up a division, I just happen to think where we are currently and where he is in his development, means that it's not ideally suited to work in 3rd tier promotion aspiring team.

This isn't a slight on Andre, but what we need right now and what he needs is polar opposites.

If he does go to a team in the Championship I wish him all the best and will be rooting for him to do well.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 07:35 - May 16 with 1830 viewsBlueNomad

Using your argument was Kieron Dyer “not good enough for us” then?
Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 08:20 - May 16 with 1769 viewsOsborneOneNil

Cracking rant, and pretty much spot on, sir.
Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 09:53 - May 16 with 1656 viewsPositivelyPortman

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 19:43 - May 15 by ITFCBlues

Maybe not suited to L1? He's got something about him that's for sure and I'd like to keep him. But maybe cook wants something else from his CM's

Yeah, tough defending, defence splitting passes and more than 1 goal in a season.
[Post edited 16 May 2021 9:55]

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

The problem with Dozzell and the problem with selling him on 09:54 - May 16 with 1657 viewsmonty_radio

The problem with Dozzell and the problem with selling him on 07:13 - May 16 by unstableblue

The problem with Dozzell was he only got one assist last season. And for the qtr back role he settled into, looking more forward, that’s not good enough. Also his back tracking and tackling is weak for being one of the deeper two..

However, this was as much to do with what was in front of him and the shape of the front four than perhaps him.

Dozzell had only just played his first full season, he progressed massively, and for me he developed in the right way… his passing was becoming excellent and some of his forward distribution was exquisite.

I felt he needed the summer to recharge and with better width and the right number 10 he was going to kick on.

I get why he might not fit cooks plans, but for me we would have to pay a lot of money to get someone with Dozzells ability - and he would work in the championship

Benchmark Dozzell against Nolan for example

I feel you just might need to revisit that last thought if, as seems possible, Nolan becomes a key fixture in a new-look team. Nolan was easily scapegoated for sidewise passing, as per Leadbitter and Skuse, but, like them, never really played in a progressive side. The reason that managers and team-mates respect such players is that they have it as an article of faith that you don't give the ball away. In a side based on attack Nolan may yet prove pivotal. Andre's game is high-risk, but ineffective if the wonder passes don't come off more regularly, and you have to drag opponents back by the coat-tails as a fall-back for not actually protecting the ball well enough.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024