Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlisle away 23:11 - May 15 with 882 viewsGeomorph

January 1975

Short hop up the m6 from morecambe bay for me as a 7 year old... stood with dad and brother in the main stand - no segregation etc. Anyone else see us miss a pen (twice taken iirc) and lose 2 1 in beattie’s home town that day?
Carlisle away on 09:18 - May 16 with 734 viewscarlisleaway

Have you nicked my username ?????
Carlisle away on 09:43 - May 16 with 728 viewsPhilTWTD

I didn't go, I was four at the time, but I can remember Beat having been very proud that Sir Bobby had made him captain. If I remember rightly, did he lose his man at a corner leading to Carlisle's equaliser or miss a chance, something along those lines. I remember he told me a lot of his mates and his dad's mates wound him up about it in the pub that evening, 'you can play against us every week', that sort of thing.
Carlisle away on 12:33 - May 16 with 661 viewsGeomorph

Carlisle away on 09:43 - May 16 by PhilTWTD

I didn't go, I was four at the time, but I can remember Beat having been very proud that Sir Bobby had made him captain. If I remember rightly, did he lose his man at a corner leading to Carlisle's equaliser or miss a chance, something along those lines. I remember he told me a lot of his mates and his dad's mates wound him up about it in the pub that evening, 'you can play against us every week', that sort of thing.

A very proud day for him... think he might have gone awol on the piss with his old mates that weekend? Twtd
Carlisle away on 12:37 - May 16 with 656 viewsGeomorph

Carlisle away on 12:33 - May 16 by Geomorph

A very proud day for him... think he might have gone awol on the piss with his old mates that weekend? Twtd

Can’t remember the details except our penalty fiasco.. could only just see over the wall at the front of the stand at the time. Think cufc went top of the league with the win too?
[Post edited 16 May 2021 12:37]
Carlisle away on 13:12 - May 16 with 616 viewsgtsb1966

The home fixture was my first ever game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024