Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any new Derby owner needs to pay off £60m of debts by next summer 23:15 - May 15 with 1869 viewsElderGrizzly

And is why the sales keep falling through apparently.

Debt includes £8m to Cocu and his staff

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9580807/Potential-Derby-Count
Any new Derby owner needs to pay off £60m of debts by next summer on 05:38 - May 16 with 1612 viewsChurchman

It’s an interesting one. Their local newspapers seem pretty chilled about it. Possibly the usual Daily Mail rag nonsense article? I can’t believe there won’t be somebody in to buy a club of Derby’s stature and importance. The debt figure doesn’t look that enormous by crazy football standards.

Their owner does seem to have been star struck with Lampard, Cocu and now Rooney.
Any new Derby owner needs to pay off £60m of debts by next summer on 07:20 - May 16 with 1492 viewsDanTheMan

Any new Derby owner needs to pay off £60m of debts by next summer on 05:38 - May 16 by Churchman

It’s an interesting one. Their local newspapers seem pretty chilled about it. Possibly the usual Daily Mail rag nonsense article? I can’t believe there won’t be somebody in to buy a club of Derby’s stature and importance. The debt figure doesn’t look that enormous by crazy football standards.

Their owner does seem to have been star struck with Lampard, Cocu and now Rooney.

Matt Slater was saying the same thing as the Daily Mail earlier on. Think there is potentially more in it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Any new Derby owner needs to pay off £60m of debts by next summer on 08:34 - May 16 with 1278 viewsGuthrum

Any new Derby owner needs to pay off £60m of debts by next summer on 05:38 - May 16 by Churchman

It's who the debt is to - namely external creditors. Thet are going to want their money and, in the case of HMRC, are quite willing to get nasty about it.

In our situation, the debt was all to the owner and thus effectively just numbers on a spreadsheet to be valued and passed around at his discretion. He could - and did - simply disappear a large chunk of it to achieve the sale. Morris can't do that unless he forks out the cash from his own pocket first.

It's also £60m plus considerably larger running costs than we have. They are known to pay high wages by Championship standards. Doubt Rooney is on £8.36 per hour and will not be cheap to pay off if there aren't break clauses in his contract either. All with the prospect of FFP points deductions hamstringing their chances of making it to the Prem in the immediate future, maybe even sending them to L1 next season or the one after, with the accompanying drastic reduction in TV/solidarity income.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Any new Derby owner needs to pay off £60m of debts by next summer on 09:12 - May 16 with 1143 viewsBluefish

That is true, it does seem chilled. I was chatting with a bug derby fan yesterday and he thinks the alonso thing was always a smoke screen. He thinks it was to hide the fact that the American consortium are the real buyers. He thinks a Michael dell link because of the loans. I'm not convinced the loans weren't just high interest money makers for dell though. Would be interesting to know if the alonso thing was a front to get away from an administration risk until the season had finished.

I also heard yesterday that Mel is now very ill with cancer

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Any new Derby owner needs to pay off £60m of debts by next summer on 09:18 - May 16 with 1123 viewsIpswichKnight

Even if they did go into Administration HMRC and football creditors have to be paid off in full and those liabilities are North of £20m. Apparently there are no fire breaks in any Derby contract hence why Coccu is owed so much! Mel Morris is only going to get a sale if he pays off the HRMC and football creditors.
Any new Derby owner needs to pay off £60m of debts by next summer on 17:06 - May 16 with 878 viewsfloridaboy

Clown of a club!!

Didn't I read somewhere that Rooney is being paid 90k a week as manager!
Any new Derby owner needs to pay off £60m of debts by next summer on 17:44 - May 16 with 818 viewsJ2BLUE

Any new Derby owner needs to pay off £60m of debts by next summer on 09:12 - May 16 by Bluefish

That is true, it does seem chilled. I was chatting with a bug derby fan yesterday and he thinks the alonso thing was always a smoke screen. He thinks it was to hide the fact that the American consortium are the real buyers. He thinks a Michael dell link because of the loans. I'm not convinced the loans weren't just high interest money makers for dell though. Would be interesting to know if the alonso thing was a front to get away from an administration risk until the season had finished.

I also heard yesterday that Mel is now very ill with cancer

FFS is that confirmed? Hope not.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024