Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An enviable position to be in 08:21 - May 16 with 810 viewsmuccletonjoe

I have often thought , the only way of turning itfc around would be to replace the entire squad.
Two things always prevented from this from being feasible , one was having the funds to afford it and the other was having a manager we could trust to undertake it.
Here we are in may 2021 and both of those conditions have slotted quite comfortably into place within weeks of each other , followed inexorably by another league one failure .
Now seems the time to throw down the title deeds and sweep our blue sleeves across the monopoly board .
Putting virtually every Town player up for transfer may seem drastic, but if we really are to start again. There is a case to be made for an entirely fresh start .
Some of the names being flagged up as possible arrivals already on social media will be pure conjecture. While there may be suitors for more than one of our "failures" , Dozzell and Jackson, just 2 examples.
We do have an distinct advantage this time ( as opposed to Hurst's major rejig) , in that Cook has done this sort of garage sale in the past and has emerged with successful teams.
I suspect from those rumoured to date , the championship players linked, may well be nearer the mark we are aiming at , than lower league punts.
One thing is for sure, the jigsaw needs to fit with no missing pieces.
An enviable position to be in on 09:24 - May 16 with 586 viewsOldboy

We are in for an exciting summer sale and recruitment. I haven't looked forward to a close season so much before.
An enviable position to be in on 09:29 - May 16 with 559 viewspointofblue

To be fair I think most would be happy if he ditched the entire squad except for maybe Dobra, Downes, KVY and Woolfenden. It’s just fans can see the potential in some, either due to past plays or cameos, and would like to see them given a chance in a cohesive unit rather than be chucked on the scrap heap with the rest.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

An enviable position to be in on 09:36 - May 16 with 522 viewsOldboy

An enviable position to be in on 09:29 - May 16 by pointofblue

To be fair I think most would be happy if he ditched the entire squad except for maybe Dobra, Downes, KVY and Woolfenden. It’s just fans can see the potential in some, either due to past plays or cameos, and would like to see them given a chance in a cohesive unit rather than be chucked on the scrap heap with the rest.

Those 4 with quality added would be ok with me.
An enviable position to be in on 09:36 - May 16 with 519 viewsSenatorBlue

The other difference to the Hurst reset, is we finally have a structure in place to question and ensure the picks are sound, and we get our 1-2 picks rather than our 3-4. Still to be seen of course but we are in a million times in a better position to reset this time. Seems like KVY is not one of those up for sale, maybe because he’s good enough and fits the style! I’d rather round pegs than hold onto players that don’t fit the formation e.g. Jackson this season. It’s a wasted portion of the 60%, when every penny needs to add value.
[Post edited 16 May 2021 9:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024