Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie clapham... good luck 12:26 - May 17 with 2393 viewschrismakin

What a player he was.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Jamie clapham... good luck on 12:28 - May 17 with 2335 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Great buy!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jamie clapham... good luck on 12:29 - May 17 with 2337 viewsPhilTWTD

Really top bloke as well. Had a long chat with him this time last year ahead of the Wembley anniversary radio show.
Jamie clapham... good luck on 12:33 - May 17 with 2256 viewschrismakin

Jamie clapham... good luck on 12:29 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

Really top bloke as well. Had a long chat with him this time last year ahead of the Wembley anniversary radio show.

Met him once and he was happy to spend all the time in the world talking about his town days. You could feel how much he loved the environment of the club at the time.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Jamie clapham... good luck on 12:53 - May 17 with 2085 viewsSwansea_Blue

Jamie clapham... good luck on 12:28 - May 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

Great buy!

Wasn't he just. About 21/22 when we signed him; good pedigree but with very little football under his belt. It was a bit of a punt, but someone knew their scouting onions with that signing. That's exactly the type of signing we should be hunting for.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Jamie clapham... good luck on 12:55 - May 17 with 2060 viewschrismakin

Jamie clapham... good luck on 12:53 - May 17 by Swansea_Blue

Wasn't he just. About 21/22 when we signed him; good pedigree but with very little football under his belt. It was a bit of a punt, but someone knew their scouting onions with that signing. That's exactly the type of signing we should be hunting for.

Quite ironic that hes a typical Paul Cook fullback. His delivery was incredible from deep inside the opponents half or even by the corner flag he just knew how to get that ball into the box.

Need to find another version of him. :)

Jamie clapham... good luck on 14:52 - May 17 with 1754 viewsbracknell_blue

Best of luck to Jamie - hope he enjoys Loughborough Uni as much as I did doing my degree there in the 70s. I suspect he won't go to the pub or the chippy quite as often as I did, though.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Jamie clapham... good luck on 16:07 - May 17 with 1546 viewsWickets

Play off Semi Final Penalty scorer smashed it down the middle .
Jamie clapham... good luck on 16:27 - May 17 with 1500 viewschicoazul

HEAD

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Jamie clapham... good luck on 16:57 - May 17 with 1441 viewsChurchman

His head always looked too big for his body. I used to wonder if it was a glued on replacement.

Back on earth, I thought he was a really good full back for us. He and tag boy Croft worked well with Venus and Mowbray. 195 appearances, 10 goals in 5 years. It was a shame he had to be flogged off for £1.3m after bankruptcy.

Never to be forgotten for having the bottle to take that penalty against Bolton.
[Post edited 17 May 2021 16:59]
Jamie clapham... good luck on 17:00 - May 17 with 1427 viewsKropotkin123

Underrated. Got unnecessary stick at the time.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Jamie clapham... good luck on 03:58 - May 18 with 1194 viewsIPS_wich

For me this was his lowest point with us:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-own-goal-undermines-ipswich-1160355

And this was his highest point (just above the play-off penalty)
Jamie clapham... good luck on 11:38 - May 18 with 982 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Jamie clapham... good luck on 16:57 - May 17 by Churchman

His head always looked too big for his body. I used to wonder if it was a glued on replacement.

Back on earth, I thought he was a really good full back for us. He and tag boy Croft worked well with Venus and Mowbray. 195 appearances, 10 goals in 5 years. It was a shame he had to be flogged off for £1.3m after bankruptcy.

Never to be forgotten for having the bottle to take that penalty against Bolton.
[Post edited 17 May 2021 16:59]

Excellent signing, for 300k we got the perfect wing-back. Great engine and peach of a left foot. Scored some fine goals. I'll always remember him getting ready to take a corner versus Crewe in the last minute of that terrible 1-2 defeat. It was towards the end of the 1998-99 season and he looked like a drowned rat in the rain. Made me laugh at the time even though our promotion chances were going up in smoke.

You mentioned Croft...never rated him at all, average at best. One of Burley's weakest signings around this period. Fabian Wilnis a far superior full-back.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 15:49]

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Jamie clapham... good luck on 15:43 - May 18 with 884 viewsChurchman

Jamie clapham... good luck on 11:38 - May 18 by The_Last_Baron

Excellent signing, for 300k we got the perfect wing-back. Great engine and peach of a left foot. Scored some fine goals. I'll always remember him getting ready to take a corner versus Crewe in the last minute of that terrible 1-2 defeat. It was towards the end of the 1998-99 season and he looked like a drowned rat in the rain. Made me laugh at the time even though our promotion chances were going up in smoke.

You mentioned Croft...never rated him at all, average at best. One of Burley's weakest signings around this period. Fabian Wilnis a far superior full-back.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 15:49]

I thought Croft was a solid full back. But tbh I forgot about Wilnis, despite him playing for the club for about 9 years. Ironically I even sat close to him at the Arsenal away League Cup semi and said hello. Yes, he was a more important player for us. I thought of Croft because he was in the side at the end of the 2000 season.

The Crewe game was one of the most miserable of that period. We’d looked good for automatic promotion at Easter time and it all just fell away. We won two of the last six games but it was the Crewe result that really did us. A game we should have won. I was praying it’d be postponed, even when we were in the ground. We just never got going in the puddles.
Jamie clapham... good luck on 15:49 - May 18 with 871 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Jamie clapham... good luck on 15:43 - May 18 by Churchman

I thought Croft was a solid full back. But tbh I forgot about Wilnis, despite him playing for the club for about 9 years. Ironically I even sat close to him at the Arsenal away League Cup semi and said hello. Yes, he was a more important player for us. I thought of Croft because he was in the side at the end of the 2000 season.

The Crewe game was one of the most miserable of that period. We’d looked good for automatic promotion at Easter time and it all just fell away. We won two of the last six games but it was the Crewe result that really did us. A game we should have won. I was praying it’d be postponed, even when we were in the ground. We just never got going in the puddles.

Agree, the pitch was very heavy which wasn't great for us. Plus they scored an incredible volley to win it from their centre half. Also Jermaine Wright had been sent off so Crewe had ten men when they scored the winner.

Crewe's midfield that day was Mark Rivers, Danny Murphy, Seth Johnson and Jermaine Wright. No idea how they were bottom of the league at the time.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Jamie clapham... good luck on 16:22 - May 18 with 807 viewsEwan_Oozami

Jamie clapham... good luck on 14:52 - May 17 by bracknell_blue

Best of luck to Jamie - hope he enjoys Loughborough Uni as much as I did doing my degree there in the 70s. I suspect he won't go to the pub or the chippy quite as often as I did, though.

The sporting facilities when I was there in the early 80's were pretty impressive - went back a couple of years ago and the stuff they've got there now is incredible!

https://www.lboro.ac.uk/sport/facilities/

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Jamie clapham... good luck on 20:26 - May 18 with 703 viewssolemio

You can tell a lot about a player by who their best pals are. Jamie's were Matt Holland and Richard Naylor.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024