Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. 18:22 - May 17 with 3834 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Jeffers name checks Norwood.

The only player he mentions in fact.

Assuming he's going to be involved with and have some responsibility for the strikers, how does this sit do you feel with your source(s) saying Norwood was amongst those told he could go?

You'd assume Jeffers and Cook would have had some conversations about players before he quit a Premier League job, wouldn't you?

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 18:24 - May 17 with 3329 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He was an U23's coach offered a first team role.

Sounds like none of the squad is safe.

Wouldn't read much into a new coach name checking our only real goal scorer.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 18:28 - May 17 with 3290 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 18:24 - May 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

He was an U23's coach offered a first team role.

Sounds like none of the squad is safe.

Wouldn't read much into a new coach name checking our only real goal scorer.

Well I hope JN stays. We need more to be honest, but I feel he'll always get goals at this level and offers a physicality that not many others would.

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 18:28 - May 17 with 3280 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 18:28 - May 17 by OriginalMarkyP

Well I hope JN stays. We need more to be honest, but I feel he'll always get goals at this level and offers a physicality that not many others would.

He's worth keeping around if he can get fit and focused.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 18:31 - May 17 with 3252 viewsJ2BLUE

Don't quote me on this but when the Star ran the story saying most of the squad could go I believe they named the likes of Dozzell and Downes but they didn't name Norwood.

I think he's staying. Both LON and Cook have spoken highly of him and spoken about his lack of service. He's staying. Non def info but logic info IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 18:34 - May 17 with 3206 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 18:31 - May 17 by J2BLUE

Don't quote me on this but when the Star ran the story saying most of the squad could go I believe they named the likes of Dozzell and Downes but they didn't name Norwood.

I think he's staying. Both LON and Cook have spoken highly of him and spoken about his lack of service. He's staying. Non def info but logic info IMO.

I hope so, but I remember Phil or Gav saying they heard Norwood was told he could go. I think he is very much a Cook type of player.

And all that time at Tranmere, he is virtually a scouser!
[Post edited 17 May 2021 18:35]

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 19:04 - May 17 with 3046 viewsSitfcB

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 18:31 - May 17 by J2BLUE

Phil named Norwood.

‘Striker James Norwood, who has worn the captain’s armband in recent games, is also among those told he can depart’

Speculation on Town's Available Players Gets Under Way 13th May 2021 10:34
Speculation regarding the Town players made available by manager Paul Cook this summer has got under way with a report questioning whether Norwich City could revive their interest in midfielder Andre Dozzell. 103

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 19:12 - May 17 with 2999 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Ex striker, now coach talks about current striker.

Lets over analyse every word!

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 19:51 - May 17 with 2848 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 19:12 - May 17 by BlueandTruesince82

Not sure that is over analysing. The guy who most likely will be coaching our strikers next season mentions one player only. Norwood. And in what seems to be a positive way that suggests they will be working together. A player who the guys who run this board say has been told he can leave.

Im not sure that's over analysing. It's a fair question.

Login to get fewer ads

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 20:03 - May 17 with 2786 viewsPhilTWTD

I'm not sure much can be read into that. He also made a comment on the squad having quality in it at a time PC is looking to carry out a major overhaul.
Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 20:07 - May 17 with 2732 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 20:03 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

I'm not sure much can be read into that. He also made a comment on the squad having quality in it at a time PC is looking to carry out a major overhaul.

True. But saying a squad has quality in it could refer to 3 or 4 players. And is much more ambiguous than calling out a particular player by name in a position you will have direct influence over I would argue.
[Post edited 17 May 2021 20:08]

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 20:12 - May 17 with 2663 viewshype313

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 20:07 - May 17 by OriginalMarkyP

True. But saying a squad has quality in it could refer to 3 or 4 players. And is much more ambiguous than calling out a particular player by name in a position you will have direct influence over I would argue.
[Post edited 17 May 2021 20:08]

How would he know though, he's been here 5 minutes so can't have seen much over the past few days, especially as the seasons finished.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 20:13 - May 17 with 2663 viewsGarv

Hopefully it means he's staying but I wouldn't read much into it. If players survive the cull Jeffers will have to work with them day in day out so he's probably going to be somewhat complimentary.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 20:21 - May 17 with 2615 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 20:12 - May 17 by hype313

How would he know though, he's been here 5 minutes so can't have seen much over the past few days, especially as the seasons finished.

Well say you had a job at a company that was in the top 10 of that kind of company in the UK. And a mate who was the new boss of a much smaller company where there was a lot uncertainty but a fair amount of potential asked you to quit your job at the big company and come and work for him at the small company you'd probably have some questions for him before you jumped ship. Like who am I going to be working with? You wouldnt take the decision lightly, you'd want to know certain things. And if one of those things was oh this guy, he'll be gone in a few weeks, you wouldn't be mentioning him on your first interview with the trade press.

And Jeffers brought up Norwood on his own. No one asked him about current players.
[Post edited 17 May 2021 20:38]

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 21:44 - May 17 with 2448 viewsJ2BLUE

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 19:04 - May 17 by SitfcB

Phil named Norwood.

‘Striker James Norwood, who has worn the captain’s armband in recent games, is also among those told he can depart’

Speculation on Town's Available Players Gets Under Way 13th May 2021 10:34
Speculation regarding the Town players made available by manager Paul Cook this summer has got under way with a report questioning whether Norwich City could revive their interest in midfielder Andre Dozzell. 103

I'm not convinced. I think in a month or so we may realise there were some crossed wires.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 23:04 - May 17 with 2260 viewshoppy

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 19:12 - May 17 by BlueandTruesince82

When you say 'over' analyse, how much are you meaning?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 10:08 - May 18 with 1915 viewsCoastalblue

I hope that if the rumours are true and we are setting our sights much higher in terms of incoming players then we get somebody a lot better than Norwood up top.

If he hangs around as a bench option then fine, but I hope he's not going to be our first choice striker.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 10:27 - May 18 with 1859 viewsfranz_tyson

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 10:08 - May 18 by Coastalblue

I hope that if the rumours are true and we are setting our sights much higher in terms of incoming players then we get somebody a lot better than Norwood up top.

If he hangs around as a bench option then fine, but I hope he's not going to be our first choice striker.

We need another striker no doubt. I have no problem Norwood being first-choice if he’s fit and scoring. But I wouldn’t rely on that. And I think it’s good to have competition in the squad. Every player should be attempting to get in the team and keep there. I’m hearing a lot about players being ok as back-up. Too many of these and they get accustomed to warming benches and being just a squad player. Hopefully, with a smaller squad we’ll have more competition for places. I’m hearing the only reason we kept Drinan was because he’d be ok being kept as 3rd/ 4th choice striker. Fair enough, but I’d hate this guy to lead the line for any length of time as he’s got no goals in him.
Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 10:44 - May 18 with 1779 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 23:04 - May 17 by hoppy

When you say 'over' analyse, how much are you meaning?

I mean people are pouring over every word that comes out of the club looking for hidden meaning or something like a bunch Qanon believes looking for hidden messages in a Trump speech.

A new coach made a passing comment about a player in his welcome to the club interview thats it and now itbhas an entire thread.

This is just 1 example.

We're all passionate but jeez.

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 10:59 - May 18 with 1711 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 10:44 - May 18 by BlueandTruesince82

I mean people are pouring over every word that comes out of the club looking for hidden meaning or something like a bunch Qanon believes looking for hidden messages in a Trump speech.

A new coach made a passing comment about a player in his welcome to the club interview thats it and now itbhas an entire thread.

This is just 1 example.

And that is simply not the case here.

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 11:01 - May 18 with 1703 viewsTieDyedIn95

This is just 1 example.

Norwood has as much chance of player here next season as he doesn't at this stage. A new coach from the Liverpool area naming the only player we have he's probably heard of due to regional coverage of Tranmere Rovers is hardly worth looking into.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 11:42 - May 18 with 1634 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 10:59 - May 18 by OriginalMarkyP

And that is simply not the case here.

It quite literally is.1 comment and now we have to really that against Cooks comment, some rumours and god knows what else.

There is nothing to read into this beyond coach makes comment about striker at club

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 12:24 - May 18 with 1566 viewshoppy

This is just 1 example.

So at which point did it move from analysing, to over analysing?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 12:41 - May 18 with 1541 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 12:24 - May 18 by hoppy

So at which point did it move from analysing, to over analysing?

It was over analysis the moment the need was felt to ask the question.

Again coach makes comment about player at club.

This has no bearing on if Nors is here next year or not, it offers no insight as to if Nors will be here or not. All it tells tells us is that Franny knows;

A. That Nors is a player
B. That he plays as a striker
C. That he currently contracted to the club.

If you want to know what might have an impact on Nors being here next year then such things as

A. If we get bids for him (and if those bids meet the club's valuation)
B. If he hands in a transfer request
C. If he comes back out of shape

There are probabaly more but these seem to be the main ones. Given none of this can be garnered from the comments made in the interview I would say yes. Over analysis.

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 12:53 - May 18 with 1505 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 12:41 - May 18 by BlueandTruesince82

It was over analysis the moment the need was felt to ask the question.

Again coach makes comment about player at club.

This has no bearing on if Nors is here next year or not, it offers no insight as to if Nors will be here or not. All it tells tells us is that Franny knows;

A. That Nors is a player
B. That he plays as a striker
C. That he currently contracted to the club.

If you want to know what might have an impact on Nors being here next year then such things as

A. If we get bids for him (and if those bids meet the club's valuation)
B. If he hands in a transfer request
C. If he comes back out of shape

There are probabaly more but these seem to be the main ones. Given none of this can be garnered from the comments made in the interview I would say yes. Over analysis.

Think you might be over-analyzing a little here fella!

Mine was just a well-reasoned, backed up observation.

This is just babble.

(Love the A. B. C. thing by the way, always makes an argument look more considered! )
[Post edited 18 May 2021 13:39]

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 13:35 - May 18 with 1414 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Phil/Gav - Jeffers interview. on 12:53 - May 18 by OriginalMarkyP

Think you might be over-analyzing a little here fella!

Mine was just a well-reasoned, backed up observation.

This is just babble.

(Love the A. B. C. thing by the way, always makes an argument look more considered! )
[Post edited 18 May 2021 13:39]

Tell you what, let me know what you manage to deduce. I'll look forwar to what will no doubt be insightful findings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024