Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Explain this one to me 19:09 - May 17 with 4436 viewsbluelagos

If a young kid gets one of those electric scooters and rides it on the road and/or pavement - he's liable to a fine.

Yet old people are allowed to do both on a mobility scooter thingy.

Why the inconsistency?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Explain this one to me on 19:12 - May 17 with 1786 viewsWD19

For similar reasons that if a woman took her child for a walk in a push chair that is fine.

But if I take her child and push it in a push chair I would probably get into trouble.

Life is just unfair.
Explain this one to me on 19:16 - May 17 with 1757 viewsbluelagos

Explain this one to me on 19:12 - May 17 by WD19

For similar reasons that if a woman took her child for a walk in a push chair that is fine.

But if I take her child and push it in a push chair I would probably get into trouble.

Life is just unfair.

But that's child abduction :-)

Explain this one to me on 19:58 - May 17 with 1680 viewsMattinLondon

Probably because most old people who use a mobility scooter really do need one in order to be mobile. It’s an essential for their day-to-day living. Whilst most people who use those electric scooters are being dicks and dong really need one.
Explain this one to me on 20:05 - May 17 with 1642 viewsDarth_Koont

Probably something to do with road tax and world wars.

Pronouns: He/Him

Explain this one to me on 20:07 - May 17 with 1635 viewsStokieBlue

Because one is a death trap and was right banned previously in my opinion and the other goes at about 5mph and is massive.

Really not a fan of the electric scooters, I think the injury rate from them will be proven to be pretty high in a few years time.

Hopefully I am wrong.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Explain this one to me on 20:09 - May 17 with 1605 viewsSpruceMoose

Explain this one to me on 20:07 - May 17 by StokieBlue

Because one is a death trap and was right banned previously in my opinion and the other goes at about 5mph and is massive.

Really not a fan of the electric scooters, I think the injury rate from them will be proven to be pretty high in a few years time.

Hopefully I am wrong.

SB

The food delivery guys all use them here. Some I've seen are going absurdly fast - on the pavement, the wrong direction in bike lanes, the wrong direction on the road, ignoring traffic lights, I've even seen a fella ride one into an actual restaurant to make a pick up.

Of course, all are unlicensed, and also uninsured.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Explain this one to me on 20:11 - May 17 with 1597 viewsSwansea_Blue

Kids have better bladder control. The old uns really need to get to where they're going, and quickly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Explain this one to me on 20:12 - May 17 with 1583 viewsbluelagos

Explain this one to me on 20:09 - May 17 by SpruceMoose

The food delivery guys all use them here. Some I've seen are going absurdly fast - on the pavement, the wrong direction in bike lanes, the wrong direction on the road, ignoring traffic lights, I've even seen a fella ride one into an actual restaurant to make a pick up.

What are you guys like! The same can be said of pushbikes. Plenty of kids do stupid things on push bikes - but we don't ban them because of the actions of a few.

Login to get fewer ads

Explain this one to me on 20:15 - May 17 with 1562 viewsSpruceMoose

Explain this one to me on 20:12 - May 17 by bluelagos

What are you guys like! The same can be said of pushbikes. Plenty of kids do stupid things on push bikes - but we don't ban them because of the actions of a few.

At least the mobility scooter users can largely be found in a predictable place - in a Bass Pro store wearing camouflage and tipping the scales at at least 500 pounds! They're slow moving and predictable! These delivery guys though, man they've got to hustle to still earn next to no money, so I can kind of sympathise and see where their craziness comes from!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Explain this one to me on 20:16 - May 17 with 1549 viewsStokieBlue

Pushbikes don't accelerate like those scooters.

It's more the adults then the kids that are the worry. I suspect you don't see many out your way but in London the adults on them are often pretty reckless.

In Paris the lime rental ones are awful. Drunken couples on the same scooter neatly running people down all over the place.

It's the minority I'm sure but I still don't like them.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Explain this one to me on 20:18 - May 17 with 1536 viewsbluelagos

Explain this one to me on 20:16 - May 17 by StokieBlue

It's more the adults then the kids that are the worry. I suspect you don't see many out your way but in London the adults on them are often pretty reckless.

In Paris the lime rental ones are awful. Drunken couples on the same scooter neatly running people down all over the place.

SB

I'd love to get one. Jumping on/off the paths on the way back from the pub. What could go wrong? :-)

Explain this one to me on 20:22 - May 17 with 1518 viewsWD19

Explain this one to me on 20:09 - May 17 by SpruceMoose

Lots of school kids using them, on major roads, in the half light, with no lights, whilst wearing dark clothing. Watching them ride over ironmongery in the wet is terrifying.

Like others have said, I think the number of fatalities will climb pretty quickly.

And those that survive will just get fat and swamp the NHS.
Explain this one to me on 20:22 - May 17 with 1517 viewsjeera

I think the difference is between kids and kids.

For example I'd rather see a child on the path on a bike than risk themselves on the roads.

But I don't want to see some lump of someone in their late teens bullying their way through pedestrians. Get on the road and take your chances you little sh1ts.

I do remember once riding my bike along a wide path on Stoke Park in Ipswich and some old dear stopped me and started having a go at me for riding a motorbike on the path.

A 'motorbike'.

I blinked at her a few times and then said, "I'm 10".

My 'motorbike' was a Rayleigh Grifter.
[Post edited 17 May 2021 20:23]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Explain this one to me on 20:22 - May 17 with 1512 viewsSpruceMoose

Explain this one to me on 20:16 - May 17 by StokieBlue

SB

It's the same here. They're actually a huge danger to cyclists who, in my experience here, take the rules of the road and their own safety pretty seriously. But when you have electric bikes weaving and overtaking serious cyclists (and the Citi Bike day trippers), and going the wrong way along bike lanes, then there's a serious accident waiting to happen.

That's not even discussing the danger to pedestrians when someone zips past you at 20mph without making much noise.

It's something that's definitely seemed to become more of an issue during the pandemic.

Explain this one to me on 20:26 - May 17 with 1499 viewsbluelagos

Explain this one to me on 20:22 - May 17 by jeera

For example I'd rather see a child on the path on a bike than risk themselves on the roads.

But I don't want to see some lump of someone in their late teens bullying their way through pedestrians. Get on the road and take your chances you little sh1ts.

I do remember once riding my bike along a wide path on Stoke Park in Ipswich and some old dear stopped me and started having a go at me for riding a motorbike on the path.

A 'motorbike'.

You had a Grifter...proper jealous!

Explain this one to me on 20:27 - May 17 with 1485 viewsSpruceMoose

Explain this one to me on 20:22 - May 17 by jeera

A 'motorbike'.

My Nan still talks about this.

Explain this one to me on 20:28 - May 17 with 1484 viewsjeera

Explain this one to me on 20:27 - May 17 by SpruceMoose

My Nan still talks about this.

Yeah well you remind her how wrong she was.

Explain this one to me on 20:28 - May 17 with 1481 viewsSpruceMoose

Explain this one to me on 20:26 - May 17 by bluelagos

Didn't the handle grip on those rotate to change gear? If so, no wonder the old dear thought he was on a motorbike!

Explain this one to me on 20:29 - May 17 with 1477 viewsjeera

Explain this one to me on 20:26 - May 17 by bluelagos

Guilty feeling parents.

Crap childhood, but new bike every couple of years.

I was ok with the arrangement.

Explain this one to me on 20:30 - May 17 with 1466 viewsSpruceMoose

Explain this one to me on 20:28 - May 17 by jeera

Yeah well you remind her how wrong she was.

She was always more of a BMX type to be fair.

Explain this one to me on 20:31 - May 17 with 1462 viewsbluelagos

Explain this one to me on 20:28 - May 17 by SpruceMoose

Didn't the handle grip on those rotate to change gear? If so, no wonder the old dear thought he was on a motorbike!

No idea. Unlike the rich kids like Jeera, my only ever half cool bike was a tomohawk.

Explain this one to me on 20:31 - May 17 with 1461 viewsjeera

Explain this one to me on 20:30 - May 17 by SpruceMoose

She was always more of a BMX type to be fair.

Didn't exist.

At least not mainstream.

Explain this one to me on 20:31 - May 17 with 1465 viewsMeadowlark

Momentum = mass x velocity.

For those that cannot figure this out, low weight and fast is equally dangerous as heavy weight and slow.
Both should be licensed and insured IMO.
Explain this one to me on 20:32 - May 17 with 1447 viewsSpruceMoose

Explain this one to me on 20:31 - May 17 by jeera

Didn't exist.

At least not mainstream.

She did say you offered her a Boneshaker in response to her shouting at you though,

Explain this one to me on 20:33 - May 17 with 1441 viewsjeera

Explain this one to me on 20:28 - May 17 by SpruceMoose

They certainly did.

They were a sturdy ol' thing tbf and quite progressive for their day.

It was even too classy to peg cardboard to the back wheel. None of that tack for this mean machine.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024