Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nydam EADT piece. 08:59 - May 18 with 1808 viewscatch74

The injury and being sent to St Johnstone, feel for him and sure he’ll find somewhere easily.
If Downes, Dozzell, Woolfenden go- at least they got a fair crack of the whip (can’t believe the four of them never played together, following the WH game) . As the article says - maybe he wants a fresh start, may have been told first team would be out of his reach, loan more likely and that felt too much like history repeating. Anyway , shame he never got another run of games and wish him well.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/tristan-nydam-exit-interview-7978966

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Nydam EADT piece. on 09:14 - May 18 with 1663 viewsMillsTash

I suppose he is similar to Josh Emmanuel - bit part player, loans etc. He always came across as level headed and it worked out very well for him at Hull who he was a regular right back in their promotion winning side.
Nydam EADT piece. on 09:15 - May 18 with 1658 viewsTractorJack

That loan move, coupled with bringing Edun in, was one of Hurst's biggest crimes.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 9:15]
Nydam EADT piece. on 10:10 - May 18 with 1401 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Nydam EADT piece. on 09:14 - May 18 by MillsTash

I suppose he is similar to Josh Emmanuel - bit part player, loans etc. He always came across as level headed and it worked out very well for him at Hull who he was a regular right back in their promotion winning side.

"he was a regular right back in their promotion winning side"

Only for the first half of the season.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Nydam EADT piece. on 10:14 - May 18 with 1370 viewsTieDyedIn95

Nydam EADT piece. on 10:10 - May 18 by Cheltenham_Blue

"he was a regular right back in their promotion winning side"

Only for the first half of the season.

So he got dropped and their form improved and they got promoted. I expect he could be back in League One again soon then.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Nydam EADT piece. on 10:57 - May 18 with 1204 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Nydam being let go is the one that leaves the bitter taste to me. The boy deserved a chance, not a place for all those about to jump on me, but a chance. Accept they're may be more to it, but it feels a bit like he's been shoved out the door.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Nydam EADT piece. on 11:07 - May 18 with 1164 viewsCoco

Nydam EADT piece. on 10:57 - May 18 by OriginalMarkyP

Nydam being let go is the one that leaves the bitter taste to me. The boy deserved a chance, not a place for all those about to jump on me, but a chance. Accept they're may be more to it, but it feels a bit like he's been shoved out the door.

Maybe letting him go is the best thing for HIM and will give him that chance.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Nydam EADT piece. on 12:04 - May 18 with 1016 viewsIpswichKnight

Nydam EADT piece. on 10:57 - May 18 by OriginalMarkyP

Part of our problem is that we have given too many a chance we have a squad of 20 but have something like 50 pros we have given far to many a chance and nothing has happened. It now has to be a yes or no question is the player going to break into Cooks 20 man squad if No then we simply have to release them. Yes some might go onto bigger and better things but that’s football. We can’t continue down this road of hoping our entire U23 players will make it and keep extending contracts in hope.
Nydam EADT piece. on 12:25 - May 18 with 942 viewsPinewoodblue

Nydam EADT piece. on 12:04 - May 18 by IpswichKnight

Part of our problem is that we have given too many a chance we have a squad of 20 but have something like 50 pros we have given far to many a chance and nothing has happened. It now has to be a yes or no question is the player going to break into Cooks 20 man squad if No then we simply have to release them. Yes some might go onto bigger and better things but that’s football. We can’t continue down this road of hoping our entire U23 players will make it and keep extending contracts in hope.

Squad size is supposedly being increased to 22, excluding GKs. Wonder if PC will think again on Nydam

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Nydam EADT piece. on 12:30 - May 18 with 920 viewsitfcjoe

Nydam EADT piece. on 10:14 - May 18 by TieDyedIn95

So he got dropped and their form improved and they got promoted. I expect he could be back in League One again soon then.

He was always signed as a back up, but their first choice was injured - had a really good season stepping in for him when required and think he'll get another shot in that role in the Championship for them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nydam EADT piece. on 14:16 - May 18 with 750 viewsitfc_bucks

Suspect it's just as likely that any potential offer from Town would have been low-balled and he would be seeing significant incoming signings ahead of him in the queue.

Given his time out with injuries, would he relish being, at best, a backup and having to force his way in?

Painful as it might be, perhaps a move is good for him? Personally, I hope he shows everyone just how good he could be!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024