Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whatever happened to..... 10:31 - May 18 with 1407 viewsGeoffSentence

The South African variant? And the Brazilian one for that matter. This johnny come lately indian one seems intent on stealing all the limelight.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Whatever happened to..... on 10:33 - May 18 with 1390 viewsbluelagos

The Brazilian one was quite tidy, surprised it hasn't prospered.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Whatever happened to..... on 10:42 - May 18 with 1321 views26_Paz

Not many people caught them, presumably they didn’t evade the vaccine. Hopefully same thing happens with Indian variant.

The Paz Man

Whatever happened to..... on 14:34 - May 18 with 1163 viewsPerublue

That Brazilian one is ripping through the country I am in right now,doubt we will see much of the Indian one......So at least one of them is still popular.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 14:35]

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Whatever happened to..... on 14:47 - May 18 with 1130 viewsElderGrizzly

It is still here, but we have fewer people travelling to the UK from those parts of the world so the spread is reduced.

And neither is as transmissible as the Kent variant that did dominate here.

We did have 100+ flights a week to the UK from India before the red list. That is why it has spread alongside multi-generational living giving it a boost in some communities.
Whatever happened to..... on 15:04 - May 18 with 1093 viewsPerublue

Whatever happened to..... on 14:47 - May 18 by ElderGrizzly

It is still here, but we have fewer people travelling to the UK from those parts of the world so the spread is reduced.

And neither is as transmissible as the Kent variant that did dominate here.

We did have 100+ flights a week to the UK from India before the red list. That is why it has spread alongside multi-generational living giving it a boost in some communities.

Yes...the UK finally using its one God given asset in this scenario ..... Being an Island,which as we all know should have been doing .....oh about a year ago or so.

----and this is coming from someone who wants and needs to get back,but can not.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 15:07]

Whatever happened to..... on 16:13 - May 18 with 1002 viewsNthQldITFC

Whatever happened to..... on 10:33 - May 18 by bluelagos

The Brazilian one was quite tidy, surprised it hasn't prospered.

I just hope we don't see a German variant, as I think we would find it hard going to get through.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Whatever happened to..... on 16:30 - May 18 with 965 viewsacj

Whatever happened to..... on 15:04 - May 18 by Perublue

Yes...the UK finally using its one God given asset in this scenario ..... Being an Island,which as we all know should have been doing .....oh about a year ago or so.

----and this is coming from someone who wants and needs to get back,but can not.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 15:07]

I feel basically the same - makes perfect sense to seal off the border to travellers coming from regions where dangerous variants are dominating. Here in Chile we’re way ahead of the UK on percentage of the population fully vaccinated but I expect we’ll be on the red list until Brazil gets things under control regardless. A little annoying as I want to go back home to visit family and friends, but I get the logic behind it.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Whatever happened to..... on 17:34 - May 18 with 868 viewsPerublue

Whatever happened to..... on 16:30 - May 18 by acj

I feel basically the same - makes perfect sense to seal off the border to travellers coming from regions where dangerous variants are dominating. Here in Chile we’re way ahead of the UK on percentage of the population fully vaccinated but I expect we’ll be on the red list until Brazil gets things under control regardless. A little annoying as I want to go back home to visit family and friends, but I get the logic behind it.

Humble apologies for not filling your inbox as of yet ... you know....life.

You are spot on re.Brazil....none of the Latin American countries will be leaving that red list any time soon because of Brazil ...no matter how well they individually are doing or how unaffected they are,they will all be tarred with the same brush and if they do it certainly will not be anywhere near green list,as the simple reason there is simply no benefit for the UK to do it...they have ALL to lose and nothing to gain governmentally or roadmap wise by doing so...Which I totally get
So .... maybe next year you and I can consider the possibility of returning to the UK....but even then its not gonna be straight forward route or pricewise like before the plague.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 17:57]

Login to get fewer ads

Whatever happened to..... on 18:59 - May 18 with 752 viewsacj

Whatever happened to..... on 17:34 - May 18 by Perublue

Humble apologies for not filling your inbox as of yet ... you know....life.

You are spot on re.Brazil....none of the Latin American countries will be leaving that red list any time soon because of Brazil ...no matter how well they individually are doing or how unaffected they are,they will all be tarred with the same brush and if they do it certainly will not be anywhere near green list,as the simple reason there is simply no benefit for the UK to do it...they have ALL to lose and nothing to gain governmentally or roadmap wise by doing so...Which I totally get
So .... maybe next year you and I can consider the possibility of returning to the UK....but even then its not gonna be straight forward route or pricewise like before the plague.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 17:57]

No worries mate, I know how it is!

Probably worth keeping an eye on Spain, as if they add us to a green list or whatever their equivalent is (which I think is more likely given the number of South American immigrants living there, etc.) a possibility might open up to go there for two weeks and then on to the UK from there. If it becomes a choice between an extortionately priced stay at a government quarantine hotel in Blighty or two weeks on the beach in Andalucia before I can head on to see my parents then that’d be a no-brainer haha.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Whatever happened to..... on 00:35 - May 20 with 576 viewsPerublue

Whatever happened to..... on 18:59 - May 18 by acj

No worries mate, I know how it is!

Probably worth keeping an eye on Spain, as if they add us to a green list or whatever their equivalent is (which I think is more likely given the number of South American immigrants living there, etc.) a possibility might open up to go there for two weeks and then on to the UK from there. If it becomes a choice between an extortionately priced stay at a government quarantine hotel in Blighty or two weeks on the beach in Andalucia before I can head on to see my parents then that’d be a no-brainer haha.

A part of Spain (with its Moorish history) I've always wanted to visit....hmmm...you could be onto something here...nice work.
[Post edited 20 May 2021 0:37]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024