Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I read somewhere that the one.... 11:08 - May 18 with 4126 viewsOriginalMarkyP

...trait Cook hates in a player more than anything else is a 'sulker'.

Its been attributed to players who he has got rid of before. I wonder who our 'sulkers' are? I have a sneaky feeling Doz might be one.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 11:09]

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:11 - May 18 with 3261 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Bishop is the first name that springs to mind.
I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:11 - May 18 with 3254 viewsWD19

If that is true, it explains why he didn't much like any of them.

Biggest bunch of victims you are ever likely to see.
I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:33 - May 18 with 3090 viewsreusersfreekicks

More guesswork!!
I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:34 - May 18 with 3088 viewsSitfcB

I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:11 - May 18 by abracaDOBRA_

Woolfenden

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:38 - May 18 with 3036 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:34 - May 18 by SitfcB

Woolfenden

Also doesn't surprise me. Remember when he deleted all his Instagram posts after PL comments
I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:39 - May 18 with 3029 viewsTractorCam

I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:11 - May 18 by abracaDOBRA_

Me too, I also imagine Jackson.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:40 - May 18 with 3017 viewsHipsterectomy

tbh i think that's more a generation thing when they don't get their way or are told off

I can't see Alex Ferguson being successful nowadays with the amount of bollckings he used to give

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:42 - May 18 with 2986 viewsBeckets

I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:40 - May 18 by Hipsterectomy

tbh i think that's more a generation thing when they don't get their way or are told off

I can't see Alex Ferguson being successful nowadays with the amount of bollckings he used to give

Cook is certainly old school. As befits the oldest managerial appointee the Club has ever made.
Login to get fewer ads

I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:46 - May 18 with 2967 viewspointofblue

Oh good, another thread inviting slagging off the players.

We know most on here think the players are scum and practically every one of them will be gone anyway. We’re meant to be looking forward, why have further shots at those who will go - and probably perform better elsewhere?

I’ll apologise now for the shortness but someone posted a thread yesterday about what irritates them most on TWTD - I guess this is mine!
[Post edited 18 May 2021 11:46]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:53 - May 18 with 2883 viewschrismakin

I don't see us having to many sulkers, as if we did, I can't see the likes of Lambert given them the time of day that he did and Cook also would have left them out too.. and when you look at the likes of those who did find themselves left out, I don't think you'd call them sulkers.. Chambers, Nsiala, etc

The only thing i have questionned is our players lack of determination to win for the club, it speaks volumes for me that as soon as we were mathamatically out of the play off race, all of a sudden our players looked like they did pre christmas.

There's various reasons why PC may not rate many, we do have a lot of players with historic injury problems, can their bodies cope with 90 minutes every week? he doesn't like making subs for fitness reasons, we had ageing players, and players that just haven't kicked on.. lankester for example a shadow of his once former self. With Ndyam, he may have been offered a deal, or it could simply be his injury record isn't something PC want's to take the risk with due to the squad size limits.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 11:56]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:56 - May 18 with 2834 viewsCoco

Nor did Lord Mick:

“We’ve got good lads, we don’t have sulkers,” he continued. “That annoys me as much as anything in the game that, if when they’re in the team we’re all friends and everything’s good, if they’re out of the team they’re sulking. They’ve got to be ready to play and Brett was, so that’s great.”

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:58 - May 18 with 2797 viewspointofblue

I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:53 - May 18 by chrismakin

I don't see us having to many sulkers, as if we did, I can't see the likes of Lambert given them the time of day that he did and Cook also would have left them out too.. and when you look at the likes of those who did find themselves left out, I don't think you'd call them sulkers.. Chambers, Nsiala, etc

The only thing i have questionned is our players lack of determination to win for the club, it speaks volumes for me that as soon as we were mathamatically out of the play off race, all of a sudden our players looked like they did pre christmas.

There's various reasons why PC may not rate many, we do have a lot of players with historic injury problems, can their bodies cope with 90 minutes every week? he doesn't like making subs for fitness reasons, we had ageing players, and players that just haven't kicked on.. lankester for example a shadow of his once former self. With Ndyam, he may have been offered a deal, or it could simply be his injury record isn't something PC want's to take the risk with due to the squad size limits.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 11:56]

I think so many of our players have been held back by injury - Dozzell, Bishop, Lankester, KVY. arguably they may have been sold for a nice fee had they been able to kick on which could have been invested properly into the squad. Dare I say it, maybe we wouldn’t have been relegated in the first place if it hadn’t been for this.

I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:59 - May 18 with 2788 viewsGarv

I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:46 - May 18 by pointofblue

Oh good, another thread inviting slagging off the players.

We know most on here think the players are scum and practically every one of them will be gone anyway. We’re meant to be looking forward, why have further shots at those who will go - and probably perform better elsewhere?

I’ll apologise now for the shortness but someone posted a thread yesterday about what irritates them most on TWTD - I guess this is mine!
[Post edited 18 May 2021 11:46]

I made the mistake of listening to the last KOA gameday podcast the other day. The words scum and 'waste of space' were used a couple of times so you're not far off (I appreciate that doesn't directly link to TWTD).

Some strange characters on there, by the way.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I read somewhere that the one.... on 12:02 - May 18 with 2738 viewsEastTownBlue

I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:59 - May 18 by Garv

I made the mistake of listening to the last KOA gameday podcast the other day. The words scum and 'waste of space' were used a couple of times so you're not far off (I appreciate that doesn't directly link to TWTD).

Some strange characters on there, by the way.

I presume that you meant TT and not the KOA from Archant ?
I read somewhere that the one.... on 12:09 - May 18 with 2675 viewschrismakin

I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:58 - May 18 by pointofblue

I think so many of our players have been held back by injury - Dozzell, Bishop, Lankester, KVY. arguably they may have been sold for a nice fee had they been able to kick on which could have been invested properly into the squad. Dare I say it, maybe we wouldn’t have been relegated in the first place if it hadn’t been for this.

I think its a good time for all to have a clear break, for them and their careers and for us and our aims. In Downes, I can see what he is, I can see what he will bring to a side and he's the only one i will be sad to see go. All the others I can't tell you where i'd play them - dozzell, bishop, lankester.

Wolfy is another im sad to see go if he does. Although he hasn't kicked on, and whilst I do appreciate he had a youngster next to him, Wolfy didn't stand up and take the mantle on being the more experienced of the two and that was dissapointing. At 22, 2 years older than Mcguiness, you felt like McG was the senior one of the two.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

I read somewhere that the one.... on 12:11 - May 18 with 2648 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I read somewhere that the one.... on 12:02 - May 18 by EastTownBlue

KOA have a fan podcast thing they do after games where fans speak to one of the chaps (Ross I think) from Archant
I read somewhere that the one.... on 12:11 - May 18 with 2642 viewsGarv

I read somewhere that the one.... on 12:02 - May 18 by EastTownBlue

It's KOA but not the main one. Definitely not TT.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I read somewhere that the one.... on 12:16 - May 18 with 2580 viewsjayessess

I read somewhere that the one.... on 11:40 - May 18 by Hipsterectomy

"Generation thing". Do all the other clubs have a time machine to recruit players from a different generation or something?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I read somewhere that the one.... on 12:17 - May 18 with 2572 viewsEastTownBlue

I read somewhere that the one.... on 12:11 - May 18 by Garv

It's KOA but not the main one. Definitely not TT.

I stand corrected. I’m surprised they send that out.
I read somewhere that the one.... on 12:17 - May 18 with 2568 viewspointofblue

I read somewhere that the one.... on 12:09 - May 18 by chrismakin

I think its a good time for all to have a clear break, for them and their careers and for us and our aims. In Downes, I can see what he is, I can see what he will bring to a side and he's the only one i will be sad to see go. All the others I can't tell you where i'd play them - dozzell, bishop, lankester.

Wolfy is another im sad to see go if he does. Although he hasn't kicked on, and whilst I do appreciate he had a youngster next to him, Wolfy didn't stand up and take the mantle on being the more experienced of the two and that was dissapointing. At 22, 2 years older than Mcguiness, you felt like McG was the senior one of the two.

That’s interesting as I thought McGuinness was a disaster zone waiting to happen whilst Woolfenden came across as more reliable. Woolfenden needs support, didn’t get it and is now being cast away, which I have to admit does grate slightly.

Downes might want to leave whilst I can see why we may let Dozzell and Bishop go so he and Dobra are the only one which bug. Then again, if we keep Nsiala, Edwards and Nolan over them I will not be impressed whatsoever.

I read somewhere that the one.... on 12:21 - May 18 with 2515 viewsJackSted

I read somewhere that the one.... on 12:11 - May 18 by abracaDOBRA_

KOA have a fan podcast thing they do after games where fans speak to one of the chaps (Ross I think) from Archant

When's the signing mate?

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

I read somewhere that the one.... on 12:22 - May 18 with 2508 viewschrismakin

I read somewhere that the one.... on 12:17 - May 18 by pointofblue

That’s interesting as I thought McGuinness was a disaster zone waiting to happen whilst Woolfenden came across as more reliable. Woolfenden needs support, didn’t get it and is now being cast away, which I have to admit does grate slightly.

Downes might want to leave whilst I can see why we may let Dozzell and Bishop go so he and Dobra are the only one which bug. Then again, if we keep Nsiala, Edwards and Nolan over them I will not be impressed whatsoever.

I'm mixed on Mcg, Didn;t like him, Kenlock and ward saved him alot, but then he started to come into his own and i felt more comfortale with him over Wolfy, the problem though was both were shocking with the ball, which was Wolfendens strong point.

I would though agree, I would rather Wolfenden over Nsiala, etc

I can see why PC wants to look at Nolan, what he knew of him before his move to Ipswich seems to be what he's hoping to see, so he'll get pre season to show PC what he's about now. Edwards.. im caught, is PC hoping he can get Edwards fit and back to his slimmer, quicker and more agile self, if he can, it's worth a go. Toto, i'm assuming a back up, a solid yet occasionally scary defender but i'd assume the perfect gent behind the scenes. Complete guesswork on that though.

I read somewhere that the one.... on 12:24 - May 18 with 2489 viewsBlueBadger

I read somewhere that the one.... on 12:17 - May 18 by pointofblue

eDwARdS iS a GoOd PlAyEr On HiS dAY

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I read somewhere that the one.... on 12:25 - May 18 with 2489 viewsJ2BLUE

Can you give me one example of Dozzell sulking?

@ Sitters - Or Woolf?

@ poster i've forgotten - Or Bishop?

Just one will do...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I read somewhere that the one.... on 12:29 - May 18 with 2458 viewspointofblue

I read somewhere that the one.... on 12:22 - May 18 by chrismakin

I'm mixed on Mcg, Didn;t like him, Kenlock and ward saved him alot, but then he started to come into his own and i felt more comfortale with him over Wolfy, the problem though was both were shocking with the ball, which was Wolfendens strong point.

I would though agree, I would rather Wolfenden over Nsiala, etc

I can see why PC wants to look at Nolan, what he knew of him before his move to Ipswich seems to be what he's hoping to see, so he'll get pre season to show PC what he's about now. Edwards.. im caught, is PC hoping he can get Edwards fit and back to his slimmer, quicker and more agile self, if he can, it's worth a go. Toto, i'm assuming a back up, a solid yet occasionally scary defender but i'd assume the perfect gent behind the scenes. Complete guesswork on that though.

The issue is peaks isn’t it? At his best Woolfenden is better than McGuiness and Nsiala but, for whatever reason, and I think there’s some fair reasons why away from the player, he didn’t show it last season. Does Cook feel he can get the best out of him? If not have to wonder why not; it could be he just feels Woolfenden needs a fresh start, or deserves first team football which we can’t necessary offer next year, or it could be attitude. The one thing which continues to bug me is wasn’t he the only player to stay behind when Cook realised the squad was not up to holding a double training session?

Edwards at his peak is certainly worth a go but, from experience, he turns up at the start of the season then does very little after the initial burst. Nolan has flattered to deceive so often - his peak was at Shrewsbury but we’ve never seen it with us; we’ve got more out of Dozzell and Bishop than him. Dobra was a spark that gave so many of us hope at the end of the season; a flash of skill and flair. At his age surely another season is worth a go though I do understand the attraction of loaning him out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024