Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seven 14:31 - May 18 with 2830 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The number of completed transfers in England to date.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Seven on 14:32 - May 18 with 2502 viewssaffers12

is there a link for that, would like to have a daily look, please?
Seven on 14:33 - May 18 with 2493 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Seven on 14:32 - May 18 by saffers12

is there a link for that, would like to have a daily look, please?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

Seven on 14:33 - May 18 with 2474 viewschrismakin

So what you're saying is, we're falling behind already

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Seven on 14:35 - May 18 with 2463 viewssaffers12

Seven on 14:33 - May 18 by Cheltenham_Blue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

I was hoping we would have signed 7 by now!
Seven on 14:35 - May 18 with 2464 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Seven on 14:33 - May 18 by chrismakin

So what you're saying is, we're falling behind already

Awful.

Someone has already signed for Shrewsbury. We're fecked!

Seven on 14:38 - May 18 with 2422 viewspointofblue

Seven on 14:35 - May 18 by Cheltenham_Blue

Awful.

Gamechanger/Ashton/Cook out?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Seven on 14:38 - May 18 with 2414 viewssaffers12

Seven on 14:38 - May 18 by pointofblue

Gamechanger/Ashton/Cook out?

think 1 more day of no new news then yes
Seven on 14:39 - May 18 with 2410 viewsGeoffSentence

Seven on 14:35 - May 18 by Cheltenham_Blue

Awful.

Disappointed that we missed out on Yallop.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Seven on 14:45 - May 18 with 2374 viewsBiGDonnie

I thought the new ownership would see a change in transfer strategy from ITFC. Clearly not, we're still twiddling our thumbs whilst other clubs get a head start on next seasons plans. FFS.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Seven on 14:55 - May 18 with 2305 viewspositivity

Seven on 14:45 - May 18 by BiGDonnie

I thought the new ownership would see a change in transfer strategy from ITFC. Clearly not, we're still twiddling our thumbs whilst other clubs get a head start on next seasons plans. FFS.

really thought we were in with a shout of fashion sakala, but rangers beat us to it.

cook out!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Seven on 14:59 - May 18 with 2285 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Seven on 14:45 - May 18 by BiGDonnie

Every year we have this stupid situation where supporters expect things to happen far too quickly. The season is not finished yet and players contracts with existing clubs are still in situ until end of June I guess. Also why pay a player from now, when for the next few weeks he will be on holiday!
Of course players and their agents are being spoken to all of the time, but can anyone tell me the last time we signed a player in May!
To suggest we are lagging behind is - well I'm sure you meant it as a joke - didn't you?
Seven on 15:10 - May 18 with 2201 viewsBiGDonnie

Seven on 14:59 - May 18 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Every year we have this stupid situation where supporters expect things to happen far too quickly. The season is not finished yet and players contracts with existing clubs are still in situ until end of June I guess. Also why pay a player from now, when for the next few weeks he will be on holiday!
Of course players and their agents are being spoken to all of the time, but can anyone tell me the last time we signed a player in May!
To suggest we are lagging behind is - well I'm sure you meant it as a joke - didn't you?

I did, brother. Too much time on my hands, apologies.

FWIW I'm chilled about the situation, I do hold hopes that we've got a couple of freebies arrive at the first day of training like we had with Cresswell from Tranmere.

COYBs

Seven on 15:14 - May 18 with 2190 viewspointofblue

I think everyone on this thread is very much posting with tongue in cheek - I’d hope so anyway!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Seven on 16:14 - May 18 with 2041 viewsBlueBadger

You'd think that someone who's watched us for 70 years like you have would be able to spot people dicking about by now.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 16:26]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Seven on 17:09 - May 18 with 1903 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Seven on 16:14 - May 18 by BlueBadger

You'd think that someone who's watched us for 70 years like you have would be able to spot people dicking about by now.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 16:26]

Would be the first to admit Mr Badger, I am far from being an expert on the ways of social media, and often get it wrong. This is why I up voted the gentlemen concerned.
I guess being on here 50% of virtually every day is what gives one the expertise and the wisdom of being always right.

Oh and it is not quite 70 years as I am only 71 years old. I made an error the other day in saying I had voted labour for 65 years; I should have said supported them for 65 years.

Enjoy your evening - I might just go for a pint, Wetherspoons perhaps.
Seven on 17:26 - May 18 with 1833 viewsBlueBadger

Seven on 17:09 - May 18 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Would be the first to admit Mr Badger, I am far from being an expert on the ways of social media, and often get it wrong. This is why I up voted the gentlemen concerned.
I guess being on here 50% of virtually every day is what gives one the expertise and the wisdom of being always right.

Oh and it is not quite 70 years as I am only 71 years old. I made an error the other day in saying I had voted labour for 65 years; I should have said supported them for 65 years.

LOL.

You're 71 but you've beena Labour voter for 65 years until I put you off? Righto, Lovejoy.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 19:38]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Seven on 18:59 - May 18 with 1681 viewsOldboy

Ryan Alllsop released by Wycombe. Would make a decent No. 1 .
Seven on 19:02 - May 18 with 1666 viewsOldboy

Billy Bodin released by Preston. He would be a good signing.
Seven on 19:04 - May 18 with 1661 viewsVic

Typical Town, hanging back waiting for the last minute bargains.

Evans out.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Seven on 19:07 - May 18 with 1650 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is the transfer window actually open then? I thought it opened on 1st June.

Or are these deals that will go through on 1st June and clubs have chosen to announce them ahead of them being completed?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Seven on 19:12 - May 18 with 1636 viewsOldboy

Lewis Holtby released by Blackburn. If possible, that would be a quality signing.
Seven on 19:15 - May 18 with 1617 viewschrismakin

Seven on 19:07 - May 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is the transfer window actually open then? I thought it opened on 1st June.

Or are these deals that will go through on 1st June and clubs have chosen to announce them ahead of them being completed?

Web says 9th June for prem, other leagues can vary but still roughly June

Probably just pre contracts etc being agreed.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Seven on 19:46 - May 18 with 1559 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Seven on 17:26 - May 18 by BlueBadger

LOL.

You're 71 but you've beena Labour voter for 65 years until I put you off? Righto, Lovejoy.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 19:38]

No, Corbyn and Brexit did that, although I have to say that you certainly do nothing to encourage those of us that left, to return. Righto, Florence.
Seven on 19:58 - May 18 with 1502 viewsBiGDonnie

Enjoy!

COYBs

Seven on 20:38 - May 18 with 1187 viewssolemio

71? You're barely more than a foetus.

I assume you're stirring by mentioning Weth........
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024