Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stowmarket Town 'promoted' and now in Step 4 15:27 - May 18 with 1934 viewsitfcjoe

Good to see after their last 2 campaigns.

Now in same league as Sudbury, Bury Town and Felixstowe & Walton so some decent derbies there

All the Suffolk teams in Step 3 (Lowestoft, Leiston and Needham) stay in Southern Central League which is a pain as so much travelling to Midlands based teams

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Stowmarket Town 'promoted' and now in Step 4 on 15:33 - May 18 with 1881 viewsportmanking

Richly deserved. Having been a regular visitor to Greens Meadow in the last 3-4 seasons I've seen first hand how hard everyone has worked to raise the standards on and off the pitch at Stow. The hard work is only just beginning though, Step 4 will be the acid test.
Stowmarket Town 'promoted' and now in Step 4 on 15:37 - May 18 with 1843 viewsgreyhound

Stowmarket Town 'promoted' and now in Step 4 on 15:33 - May 18 by portmanking

Richly deserved. Having been a regular visitor to Greens Meadow in the last 3-4 seasons I've seen first hand how hard everyone has worked to raise the standards on and off the pitch at Stow. The hard work is only just beginning though, Step 4 will be the acid test.

Just seen the mighty hashtag will be joining them.
Stowmarket Town 'promoted' and now in Step 4 on 15:37 - May 18 with 1843 viewsitfcjoe

Stowmarket Town 'promoted' and now in Step 4 on 15:33 - May 18 by portmanking

It's a big step now, it's one thing bringing players down from steps 3 and 4 into 5, as the gap is massive, but now in 4 it's going to be very competitive.

Non league in Suffolk appears in good health, but need to get a couple of these sides competing at the top of Step 3

Stowmarket Town 'promoted' and now in Step 4 on 15:38 - May 18 with 1829 viewsportmanking

Stowmarket Town 'promoted' and now in Step 4 on 15:37 - May 18 by greyhound

Yeah I saw that! What league have they been playing in? I could've sworn it was the Thurlow 1 South?!
Stowmarket Town 'promoted' and now in Step 4 on 15:38 - May 18 with 1835 viewsitfcjoe

Stowmarket Town 'promoted' and now in Step 4 on 15:37 - May 18 by greyhound

Yep, they are a club going places in all areas - bloke running it is years ahead of the game down there

Stowmarket Town 'promoted' and now in Step 4 on 15:39 - May 18 with 1816 viewsportmanking

Stowmarket Town 'promoted' and now in Step 4 on 15:37 - May 18 by itfcjoe

It's a big step now, it's one thing bringing players down from steps 3 and 4 into 5, as the gap is massive, but now in 4 it's going to be very competitive.

Non league in Suffolk appears in good health, but need to get a couple of these sides competing at the top of Step 3

Agreed, success will be much less guaranteed by simply bringing in 'names'.

Nevertheless, they are trying to do things professionally and the right way. The sound financial backing helps, as does their healthy average attendances.
Stowmarket Town 'promoted' and now in Step 4 on 15:49 - May 18 with 1740 viewsgreyhound

Stowmarket Town 'promoted' and now in Step 4 on 15:38 - May 18 by portmanking

Yeah I saw that! What league have they been playing in? I could've sworn it was the Thurlow 1 South?!

They joined the Essex senior league at step five

There ascendency is incredible and as Joe says they are miles ahead of the game. Young head at the helm may be a contributing factor.
Stowmarket Town 'promoted' and now in Step 4 on 16:17 - May 18 with 1578 viewsMookamoo

Excellent. Found watch them a far better day out than Portman Road in the last few years.

It was fun watching Bowditch when he was around and Jack Ainsley is still there.
Login to get fewer ads

Stowmarket Town 'promoted' and now in Step 4 on 18:15 - May 18 with 1310 viewsTIB

Stowmarket Town 'promoted' and now in Step 4 on 15:38 - May 18 by itfcjoe

Yep, they are a club going places in all areas - bloke running it is years ahead of the game down there

I had no idea Hashtag were at this level. Literally thought they were Sunday league outfit with a decent YouTube following!?! That's my learning for the day. They have an ex-Arizona United player in their squad currently also, Tom Williams.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Stowmarket Town 'promoted' and now in Step 4 on 22:06 - May 18 with 1056 viewsDinDjarin

Being a Stow lad I take in as many matches as I can and its great as so many old faces down there to catch up and have a beer with. The football is decent too which helps.

Problem is the catch up then tends to extend into the Little Welly and usually gets messy :-)
Stowmarket Town 'promoted' and now in Step 4 on 22:12 - May 18 with 1040 viewsBseaBlue

Don't forget the mighty Brightlingsea Regent at Step 3 which is also fairly local!
Stowmarket Town 'promoted' and now in Step 4 on 07:41 - May 19 with 759 viewstractordownsouth

Stowmarket Town 'promoted' and now in Step 4 on 18:15 - May 18 by TIB

I had no idea Hashtag were at this level. Literally thought they were Sunday league outfit with a decent YouTube following!?! That's my learning for the day. They have an ex-Arizona United player in their squad currently also, Tom Williams.

They had a decent cup run this season as well. Got knocked out by Braintree in the 3rd or 4th qualifier on penalties. Adam Pryzbek was in goal for Braintree.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024