Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away match priority 08:06 - May 19 with 2160 viewsHerbivore

At the minute I know there is some uncertainty over whether we'll be back at full capacity at live sporting events and whether away fans will be allowed at the football, so this is based on a best case scenario of things going along on a good trajectory and getting back to close to normal for next season.

My question is, how do non-season ticket holders go about getting priority for away games? I know we used to have some sort of away match passport but not sure how that worked. I won't be able to go to loads of away games because of geography (and very few home games for the same reason) but I reckon there's 6 or 7 viable away days that I'd like to get tickets for. In the past as a ST holder that's usually meant high enough priority to get the tickets for away games I've wanted to attend but I'm not a ST holder anymore.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Away match priority on 08:11 - May 19 with 2112 viewsITFC_Forever

Silver card is the highest level of priority for non-ST holders.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Away match priority on 08:20 - May 19 with 2076 viewsKeaneish

It was pretty difficult to get away game tickets season before last. Even as a Season Ticket holder and Silver member, i was scratching around more often than not and on a waiting list of some kind. The ticket office were really good at sorting me out though so always go through them for returns or ask to be added to a waiting list if not fortunate enough first time around.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Away match priority on 08:29 - May 19 with 2052 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

As already mentioned, Silver Card is the best you can do.

I did not have any problems getting tickets for the matches I wanted but if I do, I just jump in with the home fans. Some I chose to have hospitality packages at as I enjoy the surrounds and the food (Charlton and Reading I enjoy)

I guess everyone wants Cambridge this year, so I have already started investigating corporate sponsors there and correlating those with clients of ours (I live in Cambridge) as well as whispering in the ear of both my villages landlords to see if they can rustle something up from the other regulars who I perhaps do not speak to.
Away match priority on 08:31 - May 19 with 2037 viewsfooters

You not thought of dumping Town and supporting one of them teams north of the border then, Herb? I think they play a kind of football up there....

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Away match priority on 08:35 - May 19 with 2027 viewsclive_baker

I’m speculating somewhat here, but given I believe you’re based in Scotland are you eyeing up some Northern away days? If so you’ll probably be ok more often than not with a Silver membership. That’ll bump you above general sale. As you’ll know it’s the London away games that are generally best subscribed, even with a ST, I imagine the Rotherham’s, Sunderland’s (if they stay down) and Bolton’s will be fine. Sheff Wed will be popular I imagine.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Away match priority on 09:04 - May 19 with 1910 viewsbluelagos

Looking at the likely fixtures

Sunderland
Wigan
Bolton
Sheff Wed
Blackpool

None of those should be an issue getting tickets on general sale. Big away ends.

Fleetwood
Doncaster
Rochdale
Rotherham
Accrington

Much will depend on how well we are doing. If we are flying high, you might struggle, anything else and we won't be taking huge numbers away.

[Post edited 19 May 2021 9:12]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Away match priority on 09:08 - May 19 with 1900 viewsbenrhyddingblue

I was generally ok for northern games for the previous season with Siliver membership, even for new grounds that we eventually sold out like Fleetwood when we were still doing well. Had no problem for Sunderland that season, although by then the successful blip was long gone.
Away match priority on 09:28 - May 19 with 1841 viewstextbackup

ST holders should have priority for away tickets.

It’s the way it is, and always has been.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Away match priority on 09:34 - May 19 with 1833 viewsHerbivore

Thanks everyone for your input (except Texters, whose input wasn't helpful at all). Sounds as though as it'll be Northern away games then a silver membership should suffice for many of the games. It's not going to be the high demand London and South East games that I'll be going to.

Away match priority on 10:33 - May 19 with 1716 viewstextbackup

Away match priority on 09:34 - May 19 by Herbivore

Thanks everyone for your input (except Texters, whose input wasn't helpful at all). Sounds as though as it'll be Northern away games then a silver membership should suffice for many of the games. It's not going to be the high demand London and South East games that I'll be going to.

Everyone else had answered your question. I was just pointing out life facts

Away match priority on 11:26 - May 19 with 1665 viewsBlueBlood90

I've always had a silver card and if I went to enough away games then I would get tickets for Norwich away etc.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Away match priority on 11:34 - May 19 with 1646 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Away match priority on 09:28 - May 19 by textbackup

ST holders should have priority for away tickets.

It’s the way it is, and always has been.

Disagree.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Away match priority on 11:36 - May 19 with 1642 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Away match priority on 09:34 - May 19 by Herbivore

Same position here.

Never been in a position to be a ST holder as based 5 or so hours from PR.

When we were in the Champ, getting away tickets was never a problem and never needed a membership.

I guess L1 is more difficult due to the limited capacity of ground. Sheff Wed should be easy enough! Sunderland always ok.
[Post edited 19 May 2021 11:38]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Away match priority on 15:36 - May 19 with 1461 viewstextbackup

Away match priority on 11:34 - May 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Disagree.

Ok

Away match priority on 15:43 - May 19 with 1449 viewsGeorge25

silver membership is the highest you can get as a non ST holder. I’ve only ever not got a ticket from it for the Norwich away games, southend and Wimbledon last year.
Tho I was able to find a ticket through posters selling on here for both Norwich and southend.
For Wimbledon away I went in hospitality which included a ticket in the away end.
Away match priority on 20:21 - May 19 with 1318 viewsBluedanW

Away match priority on 15:43 - May 19 by George25

silver membership is the highest you can get as a non ST holder. I’ve only ever not got a ticket from it for the Norwich away games, southend and Wimbledon last year.
Tho I was able to find a ticket through posters selling on here for both Norwich and southend.
For Wimbledon away I went in hospitality which included a ticket in the away end.

I was only wondering today if it was worth getting a gold card this year. Just can't see us being able to go away games this season. Newport or forest Green rovers would be interesting
Away match priority on 22:10 - May 19 with 1228 viewslongtimefan

Away match priority on 20:21 - May 19 by BluedanW

I was only wondering today if it was worth getting a gold card this year. Just can't see us being able to go away games this season. Newport or forest Green rovers would be interesting

My reading of the Gold Card membership this season as set out in the renewal brochure is that it doesn’t give away match priority anymore. Happy to be corrected.
Away match priority on 08:19 - May 20 with 1087 viewsITFC_Forever

Away match priority on 22:10 - May 19 by longtimefan

My reading of the Gold Card membership this season as set out in the renewal brochure is that it doesn’t give away match priority anymore. Happy to be corrected.

It clearly states ticket priority.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Away match priority on 14:38 - May 20 with 1002 viewslongtimefan

Away match priority on 08:19 - May 20 by ITFC_Forever

It clearly states ticket priority.

Not sure it’s that clear. Actually wording is “ENHANCED ticket priority purchase period (4 home tickets)”. Not sure that necessarily implies away ticket priority?
Away match priority on 14:41 - May 20 with 997 viewsHerbivore

Away match priority on 14:38 - May 20 by longtimefan

Not sure it’s that clear. Actually wording is “ENHANCED ticket priority purchase period (4 home tickets)”. Not sure that necessarily implies away ticket priority?

Pretty sure gold gets you priority for away days as well. When I had my ST I remember gold card holders always had first dibs on the away tickets before I could get to them.

Away match priority on 15:06 - May 20 with 973 viewslongtimefan

Away match priority on 14:41 - May 20 by Herbivore

Pretty sure gold gets you priority for away days as well. When I had my ST I remember gold card holders always had first dibs on the away tickets before I could get to them.

It certainly has in the past and is why I’ve always purchased it previously. The wording in the season ticket renewal brochure isn’t convincing me that it will this year though.
Away match priority on 15:10 - May 20 with 959 viewsHerbivore

Away match priority on 15:06 - May 20 by longtimefan

It certainly has in the past and is why I’ve always purchased it previously. The wording in the season ticket renewal brochure isn’t convincing me that it will this year though.

Maybe they're just being cautious and not mentioning away days at all given there's still uncertainty about whether away fans will be allowed to attend.

Away match priority on 16:50 - May 20 with 906 viewsLeaky

I am just going for the Ultimate membership, its £59.99 however you are guaenteed an away ticket for every game
Away match priority on 17:58 - May 20 with 871 viewslongtimefan

Away match priority on 16:50 - May 20 by Leaky

I am just going for the Ultimate membership, its £59.99 however you are guaenteed an away ticket for every game

That’s fine if you go to every away game since the tickets are sent out automatically for every match. Unfortunately I can’t make every away match.
Away match priority on 20:00 - May 20 with 831 viewsLeaky

Away match priority on 17:58 - May 20 by longtimefan

That’s fine if you go to every away game since the tickets are sent out automatically for every match. Unfortunately I can’t make every away match.

Sometimes sell them to other fans at face value.,i i can't make it. Probably wouldnt do it at championship level because at league 1 level your talking less £20 a ticket, its loseable
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024