Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Compensation 14:09 - May 19 with 6614 viewsBrightonBlue

Additional ST compensation just announced. Pretty generous to be fair and option to keep money in the club.
[Post edited 19 May 2021 14:13]
Did you get any telegrams? (n/t) on 18:48 - May 19 with 1365 viewsPhilTWTD

Did you get any telegrams? (n/t) on 16:52 - May 19 by Bloots

Two pigeons arrived.
Compensation on 19:22 - May 19 with 1323 viewsDeano69

Compensation on 15:27 - May 19 by PhilTWTD

I go round their houses and shout the day's threads through their letterboxes.

Quite a few elderly people still don't have Internet access. It's been an interesting controversy in that when the announcement was made there was little furore here or on Twitter as those who post or tweet are those that used iFollow. It was largely those with little or no digital interaction that were the ones who were impacted by it, so it was more of a slow burner. I had a few emails and the Supporters Club had phone calls as did Mark Murphy's radio show.

But do you shout in Table Mode, Simple Mode or one of the Thread Modes?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Did you get any telegrams? (n/t) on 19:58 - May 19 with 1298 viewsWicklowBlue

Did you get any telegrams? (n/t) on 18:48 - May 19 by PhilTWTD

Two pigeons arrived.

Or owls?
Compensation on 23:52 - May 19 with 1228 viewsSitfcB

Compensation on 16:40 - May 19 by Herbivore

Out of interest, given that you couldn't attend any games, what did you think your ST was going towards if not giving you the benefit of access to all home games on iFollow?

...given that you couldn't attend any games...

Wasn’t known at the time of renewing (April)

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Compensation on 06:48 - May 20 with 1191 viewschrismakin

Compensation on 14:29 - May 19 by borge

Yes, helping your club through a really difficult period is definitely inexplicable....shame on us!

Genuine question how has it helped the club if all they are doing is now giving you all your money back. Plus more.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Compensation on 08:11 - May 20 with 1168 viewsitfcpaul

Compensation on 15:39 - May 19 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, I believe a few people had contacted Trading Standards about the matter.

I must admit that no one contacted me about it but then again, living this far up north probably wouldn't have attracted the amount of complaints than it would have around the Suffolk area!!

I am not aware that TS have looked into it, but I may drop a call into SCC to check if they have had any complaints and see what they did about it, maybe it's their involvement that pressured the club??????????

Any new signings on the Horizon Phil?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Compensation on 08:14 - May 20 with 1168 viewsitfcpaul

Compensation on 14:57 - May 19 by BloomBlue

Good, I'm sure I didn't make any difference but I threatened them twice with legal action if they didn't amend the offer.
How can you charge those people who didn't have access to the internet for a service they couldn't use was totally wrong. Plus where you had more than one season ticket holder in the same house ie 4 people and it wasn't made clear all 4 would be charged was misleading, there are Consumer laws in this Country especially around selling a service you cannot use.

But credit to the club they realised they f****-up and have corrected it

You are quite right, work for TS and contacted the club to make them aware of the issues and potential problems from the use of the word "free" and issues around the family IFollow problem, not sure if it did anything though

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Compensation on 08:19 - May 20 with 1155 viewsHerbivore

Compensation on 23:52 - May 19 by SitfcB

...given that you couldn't attend any games...

Wasn’t known at the time of renewing (April)

It was known that no fans were allowed at games, that it was unlikely fans would be able to attend when the season started, and that there was no certainty as to when fans might be able to attend games. It's not like ST renewals came out when the pandemic wasn't a thing, we were in lockdown.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Compensation on 08:44 - May 20 with 1123 viewstrncbluearmy

The whole issue was not as black and white as people like to make out

Keeping your season ticket paid by dd kept you in the auto renewal category, you retained your seat, important if in well populated area and helped the clubs cash flow.
Personally I was not bothered about a refund, but that changed when the club linked to ifollow after Evans said it would be free and was also blantenly unfair in certain circumstances.
They cocked up but resolved the situ. correctly so well done.
You threatened them with legal action......?!! on 09:15 - May 20 with 1105 viewsitfcpaul

You threatened them with legal action......?!! on 15:08 - May 19 by Bloots

....twice!!!!??

Good lord.

out of interest, what legal action were you taking?

You threatened them with legal action......?!! on 09:33 - May 20 with 1090 viewsBloomBlue

You threatened them with legal action......?!! on 09:15 - May 20 by itfcpaul

out of interest, what legal action were you taking?

I happened actually started the process I was threatening and I was going to utilize the small claims court process.

I had spoken to Citizen Advice who had told me to use that route, although firstly contact the club etc and hopefully it would be resolved that way but if not satisfied then go via small claims. They had also suggested contacting Trading Standards as they hold more weight and often progress things like this quicker. I didn't contact TS as I was hopeful the club would amend the situation and as I said yesterday well done them for correcting their c**k-up
Compensation on 09:46 - May 20 with 1073 viewsPhilTWTD

Compensation on 08:11 - May 20 by itfcpaul

I must admit that no one contacted me about it but then again, living this far up north probably wouldn't have attracted the amount of complaints than it would have around the Suffolk area!!

I am not aware that TS have looked into it, but I may drop a call into SCC to check if they have had any complaints and see what they did about it, maybe it's their involvement that pressured the club??????????

Any new signings on the Horizon Phil?

Was told a couple of local offices had been contacted. Whether that had any particular impact I don't know.

Not aware that anyone is imminently putting pen to paper!
Compensation on 09:52 - May 20 with 1066 viewsitfcpaul

Compensation on 09:46 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

Was told a couple of local offices had been contacted. Whether that had any particular impact I don't know.

Not aware that anyone is imminently putting pen to paper!

I think the bigger issue for the club could be that apart from the civil claims that people have spoken about there is an actual criminal offence for misleading advertising which can ultimately end up with an unlimited fine or even imprisonment, which I did make them aware of, not for any other reason, other then to try and make them aware so they could alleviate the legal issues, I did mention this to Brett J in our communications regarding some other issues he is helping me with and maybe that' where this came from?

You threatened them with legal action......?!! on 09:54 - May 20 with 1053 viewsitfcpaul

You threatened them with legal action......?!! on 09:33 - May 20 by BloomBlue

I happened actually started the process I was threatening and I was going to utilize the small claims court process.

I had spoken to Citizen Advice who had told me to use that route, although firstly contact the club etc and hopefully it would be resolved that way but if not satisfied then go via small claims. They had also suggested contacting Trading Standards as they hold more weight and often progress things like this quicker. I didn't contact TS as I was hopeful the club would amend the situation and as I said yesterday well done them for correcting their c**k-up

I work for TS and can't see where the action would be mightily successful unless it was taken as a class action, I agree there is a claim but more importantly for the club there was and still is to this day an offence by using the word free

Compensation on 09:57 - May 20 with 1051 viewsPhilTWTD

Compensation on 09:52 - May 20 by itfcpaul

I think the bigger issue for the club could be that apart from the civil claims that people have spoken about there is an actual criminal offence for misleading advertising which can ultimately end up with an unlimited fine or even imprisonment, which I did make them aware of, not for any other reason, other then to try and make them aware so they could alleviate the legal issues, I did mention this to Brett J in our communications regarding some other issues he is helping me with and maybe that' where this came from?

That may well have come into it. I know the Supporters Club had been contacted by a fair number of people some of whom mentioned Trading Standards and so perhaps it all added up. I know it's not been a cheap business for them to resolve. Think it's going to cost them up to a couple of million to resolve it in the manner they have.
Compensation on 09:58 - May 20 with 1048 viewsitfcpaul

Compensation on 09:57 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

That may well have come into it. I know the Supporters Club had been contacted by a fair number of people some of whom mentioned Trading Standards and so perhaps it all added up. I know it's not been a cheap business for them to resolve. Think it's going to cost them up to a couple of million to resolve it in the manner they have.

I am not doubting the cost and I really think it shows just what kind of owners we have, it certainly wouldn't have happened in the ME era would it/

Compensation on 10:10 - May 20 with 1031 viewsPhilTWTD

Compensation on 09:58 - May 20 by itfcpaul

I am not doubting the cost and I really think it shows just what kind of owners we have, it certainly wouldn't have happened in the ME era would it/

I agree, I think it would have been less likely to have been resolved in this manner under the previous ownership. As much as the rights and wrongs of the situation they could see a bad PR story bubbling under which was going to come to the surface at a time when everything else has generally been so positive.
Compensation on 10:13 - May 20 with 1020 viewsitfcpaul

Compensation on 10:10 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

I agree, I think it would have been less likely to have been resolved in this manner under the previous ownership. As much as the rights and wrongs of the situation they could see a bad PR story bubbling under which was going to come to the surface at a time when everything else has generally been so positive.

Good move really, it was a bit of bad news on the horizon when everything else looked really positive

Just need some form of signing now to show everyone the level of what we are looking for

Any idea of the Edwards situation?

Compensation on 10:15 - May 20 with 1018 viewsPhilTWTD

Compensation on 10:13 - May 20 by itfcpaul

Good move really, it was a bit of bad news on the horizon when everything else looked really positive

Just need some form of signing now to show everyone the level of what we are looking for

Any idea of the Edwards situation?

Not really, I assume he'll talk to Town and other interested parties before making up his mind.
Compensation on 10:16 - May 20 with 1016 viewschrismakin

Compensation on 09:57 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

So more outgoings for the new owners when everyone is wanting maximum output for new squad and club refurbs. Excellent use of resources to keep and reward apparent loyal fans happy.

They're be some which will of course donate some back but theres plenty who have happily used I follow and taken a full refund with the other added benefits too.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Compensation on 19:06 - May 20 with 851 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Compensation on 16:35 - May 19 by Herbivore

Not sure your analogy really works. The season ticket is your flight and iFollow is your free food and drink. It's free in that there's no additional charge for it, but you can't rock up at Heathrow asking for a chicken supreme if you've not paid for a flight.

hahahaha.

Cheers Herbs, I genuinely lolled at that.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Compensation on 19:16 - May 20 with 839 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Compensation on 10:16 - May 20 by chrismakin

So more outgoings for the new owners when everyone is wanting maximum output for new squad and club refurbs. Excellent use of resources to keep and reward apparent loyal fans happy.

They're be some which will of course donate some back but theres plenty who have happily used I follow and taken a full refund with the other added benefits too.

I wouldn't have a pop at people accepting a refund, fella. We're in a global pandemic, lots of people have lost their jobs and are facing an uncertain future.

You threatened them with legal action......?!! on 19:17 - May 20 with 837 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You threatened them with legal action......?!! on 09:33 - May 20 by BloomBlue

Might just be me, but I couldn't take my own club to court/speak to Trading Standards about them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024