Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith 12:03 - May 21 with 3767 viewsBobbychase

Does anyone ever think we will belt out Ed Sheeran's tune about Suffolk in the same way Hibs fans belt out the Proclaimers song about their part of Edinburgh?

Better version of same day

[Post edited 21 May 2021 12:14]

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 12:06 - May 21 with 2772 viewswkj

I wouldn't put it past Sheeran to record something specifically for town.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 12:09 - May 21 with 2762 viewsBobbychase

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 12:06 - May 21 by wkj

Sunshine on Wickham Skeith?

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 12:12 - May 21 with 2724 viewsMB26

God no.
Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 12:13 - May 21 with 2714 viewsGeoffSentence

Nope.

Its not really a sing-a-long kinda tune.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 12:14 - May 21 with 2696 viewschrismakin

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 12:06 - May 21 by wkj

Can we use flower of scotland as a tune. Just because it sounds fantastic.

Unbeaten in Europe, ITFC, we rise again....
With Brett, Mark and Berkley, ...........

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 12:16 - May 21 with 2678 viewsBobbychase

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 12:13 - May 21 by GeoffSentence

Nope.

Its not really a sing-a-long kinda tune.

Isn't all his stuff sing-a-long? Hence all the massive tours etc.

I don't own any of his tunes but I assume his gigs are just giant karaoke sessions.

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 12:25 - May 21 with 2623 viewsSouperJim

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 12:16 - May 21 by Bobbychase

Isn't all his stuff sing-a-long? Hence all the massive tours etc.

I don't own any of his tunes but I assume his gigs are just giant karaoke sessions.

I agree completely, I think the chorus to castle on the hill would actually make a fantastic football anthem. However, you are highly unlikely to get the cool kids on here to agree and our aging fanbase makes it unlikely to be adopted also.

Maybe in a few years when the song is old enough to be considered retro.

I do think there is a light that never goes out by the smiths has potentially got legs though. I'd love BA/section 6 to push that one, but then maybe not enough people know it.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 12:32 - May 21 with 2590 viewsBobbychase

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 12:25 - May 21 by SouperJim

I agree completely, I think the chorus to castle on the hill would actually make a fantastic football anthem. However, you are highly unlikely to get the cool kids on here to agree and our aging fanbase makes it unlikely to be adopted also.

Maybe in a few years when the song is old enough to be considered retro.

I do think there is a light that never goes out by the smiths has potentially got legs though. I'd love BA/section 6 to push that one, but then maybe not enough people know it.

That's my favourite Smiths song but then I have to remind myself I am old. Even the Offspring-inspired Out in Amsterdam that Sec 6 sing is probably too old for some of our younger fans to remember.

It would only be the chorus that would catch on. Can't see us singing about breaking our legs while six years old.

Login to get fewer ads

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 12:34 - May 21 with 2563 viewsBluedandy

If one of the world's most successful singer songwriters cannot compose an Ipswich Town anthem to match the best out there then nobody ever will.

Singin' The Blues is so shockingly bad that it even makes On The Ball City sound just vaguely sh*te.
Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 12:37 - May 21 with 2549 viewsBobbychase

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 12:34 - May 21 by Bluedandy

If one of the world's most successful singer songwriters cannot compose an Ipswich Town anthem to match the best out there then nobody ever will.

Singin' The Blues is so shockingly bad that it even makes On The Ball City sound just vaguely sh*te.

I tend to agree. The video of Shape of You on Youtube has been watched 4.5billion times.

People always sneer at a commercial artist but we've struggled - S6 aside - to come up with decent songs in recent years and he's a proper fan, and now a shirt sponsor.

Singing the Blues isn't even ours. At least Ebeneezer is

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 12:47 - May 21 with 2465 viewsTIB

Hoppy Robson's on Christchurch Park Hill.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 14:00 - May 21 with 2277 viewsnorth_stand77

Sunshine On Leith by the Hibs fans is fantastic, IMO the most emotional anthem ever.

I don't see why we couldn't have an Ed Sheeran song, would be a tribute to our new 'team' of players and new management as well as to Ed for sponsoring us.
Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 14:05 - May 21 with 2246 viewsEwan_Oozami

Sunshine on Castle Hill - I'm on it....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 14:08 - May 21 with 2237 viewsElephantintheRoom

Given the location of the people who own 90% of the debt that bought the club, maybe Ohio by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young would be a better song?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 14:09 - May 21 with 2236 viewsJ2BLUE

It would make zero sense. What does a song about Framlingham have to do with Ipswich? We aren't Suffolk FC.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 14:33 - May 21 with 2168 viewsLord_Lucan

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 12:09 - May 21 by Bobbychase

Sunshine on Wickham Skeith?

Quite brilliant.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 15:16 - May 21 with 2099 viewsjaykay

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 14:09 - May 21 by J2BLUE

It would make zero sense. What does a song about Framlingham have to do with Ipswich? We aren't Suffolk FC.

more people from suffolk watch the town than from ipswich

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 15:20 - May 21 with 2087 viewsJ2BLUE

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 15:16 - May 21 by jaykay

more people from suffolk watch the town than from ipswich

The team is still Ipswich. I am 100% in favour of the club representing the county but it would still be random to have a song about Framlingham as our anthem wouldn't you agree?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 15:58 - May 21 with 2035 viewsBobbychase

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 15:20 - May 21 by J2BLUE

The team is still Ipswich. I am 100% in favour of the club representing the county but it would still be random to have a song about Framlingham as our anthem wouldn't you agree?

We have a song that has sold tens of millions of copies around the world about a place in Suffolk but you're going to reject it because it's not specifically about Ipswich?

So "I'm in Love With The Shape Of Sutton Hoo" wouldn't float your boat either?

Man Utd come out to "This is The One" by the Stone Roses, as they are a Manchester band. Song doesn't mention the city, Old Trafford, or United once

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 16:06 - May 21 with 2009 viewsEwan_Oozami

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 15:58 - May 21 by Bobbychase

We have a song that has sold tens of millions of copies around the world about a place in Suffolk but you're going to reject it because it's not specifically about Ipswich?

So "I'm in Love With The Shape Of Sutton Hoo" wouldn't float your boat either?

Man Utd come out to "This is The One" by the Stone Roses, as they are a Manchester band. Song doesn't mention the city, Old Trafford, or United once

Maybe we could change it to " Shape of Blue"?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 16:45 - May 21 with 1968 viewsBobbychase

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 16:06 - May 21 by Ewan_Oozami

Maybe we could change it to " Shape of Blue"?

Hmmmm. Food for thought!

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 17:00 - May 21 with 1955 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 17:11 - May 21 with 1933 viewschicoazul

Sunshine on Leith is an all timer though, and with all due respect and props to our new sponsor, Castle on the Hill….isn’t.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 17:14 - May 21 with 1907 viewschicoazul

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 17:00 - May 21 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

I like a lot of his stuff and I think castle is a good song.
Listen there are some people here who think Regulate by Warren G is the best album ever made.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 17:23 - May 21 with 1892 viewsBluedandy

Castle on the Hill/Sunshine on Leith on 14:09 - May 21 by J2BLUE

It makes sense to the thousands of Ipswich fans who come from Suffolk or further afield and not Ipswich itself.

If Town relied for its support purely on the people of Ipswich coming through the gates then we would be a genuine third division club in terms of attendances.

Ipswich Town represents Suffolk as much as Norwich represents Norfolk.

It's called the East Anglian derby because the fanbases encapsulate both counties in their entirety.
[Post edited 21 May 2021 17:24]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024