Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Job - Look At Me etc 15:18 - May 21 with 2644 viewsJ2BLUE

Long time J2 watchers will remember me bitching about my last job on a regular basis. Well, after leaving there and somehow falling into betting on sports for a living for three years I have just been offered a new job.

It's working from home in the sports betting industry which as you can imagine is right up my street. With the pandemic causing job losses and having nothing on my CV for the past three years (literally off the radar, no job, not claiming anything etc) it's something that has filled me with literal dread every time i've thought about it. I posted on here a couple of years ago asking for advice from people in payroll as I was going to make something up about working on a self employed basis. The posters who worked in payroll both agreed I wouldn't be asked for any evidence as it has nothing to do with PAYE. I have looked back through my PMs to try and find the names of these posters but I unfortunately I can't (i'm so damn popular it's like finding a needle in a haystack :D). I would like to thank them both for their advice though. Thankfully I did not need to lie in the end and have been one hundred percent honest with my new employer which is much better all around.

Thank you to all those who urged me to just quit my last job as it was having a massive effect on me and I hated it. That wasn't the only reason and my dad having a heart attack (he's fine now) was part of it so I could be there for him as well but really hating it was a big part of it. Sadly I don't remember everyone who told me to just do it but I remember itfcjoe and Bluefish rather bluntly telling me to get on with it or shut up . Thank you.

I also want to thank No9. If anyone is in contact with him please pass on my thanks. He was very kind to me when I was bitching about my job and frequently sent me opportunities he had come across. To be honest I thought most of them were above my level but that may have been a lack of confidence. He never stopped trying though which I appreciate.

I was a bit too mouthy about my last job on here and I intend to be much more private this time. Thankfully I really rate the company i'm joining and think it will be a good place to work so I shouldn't have anything to bitch about!

Oh and finally, this has been dragging on for about 6-7 weeks now and I think the job is perfect for me so i've been really on edge. Apologies if i've been more of a bellend than usual although in fairness it's probably hard to tell.

Cheers all

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

New Job - Look At Me etc on 16:18 - May 21 with 901 viewsPhilTWTD

New Job - Look At Me etc on 15:48 - May 21 by jeera

Poster 'Swailes' said he used to pm him but has gone quiet too.

Lucan used to see him about pre-Covid but dunno about more recently.

Maybe Phil could say if he has logged on lately.

Not logged on since mid-March.
New Job - Look At Me etc on 16:23 - May 21 with 878 viewsbluelagos

Congrats J2. Good luck with your new job/career.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

New Job - Look At Me etc on 16:23 - May 21 with 878 viewsm14_blue

I wouldn't say you've been any more of a bellend than usual...........

Congratulations mate, I'm sure you'll smash it.
New Job - Look At Me etc on 20:55 - May 21 with 833 viewsjeera

Well, no more from J2 then.

Tells us all that things are going well and drops us all like a stone. I know success can go to one's head but it's not usually this instant.

Maybe he's celebrating with a few Malibu and a Pot Noodle.

That would be nice.
[Post edited 21 May 2021 20:56]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

New Job - Look At Me etc on 21:31 - May 21 with 817 viewsJ2BLUE

New Job - Look At Me etc on 20:55 - May 21 by jeera

Well, no more from J2 then.

Tells us all that things are going well and drops us all like a stone. I know success can go to one's head but it's not usually this instant.

Maybe he's celebrating with a few Malibu and a Pot Noodle.

That would be nice.
[Post edited 21 May 2021 20:56]

As if i'd do such a thing

Cheers all!

Hope No9 is ok.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

New Job - Look At Me etc on 22:02 - May 21 with 793 viewsFunge

Well done bruv x
New Job - Look At Me etc on 07:47 - May 22 with 733 viewsIpswichKnight

Congrats, I used to work in the anti-fraud side of that industry and occasionally overlapped with those setting odds and monitoring play. It’s a proper eye opener when you do find those trying to cheat.
New Job - Look At Me etc on 14:44 - May 22 with 681 viewsRyorry

Nice one, so glad it worked out for you in the end with your El Dorado variety plum job!

Re no.9 - used to PM with him regularly but not for many months now. He was incredibly helpful with info in the anti-fracking campaign.

I know he hadn't been well back then, his absence is worrying.
[Post edited 22 May 2021 15:42]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

New Job - Look At Me etc on 14:54 - May 22 with 678 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well in mate - great news

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

New Job - Look At Me etc on 21:42 - May 22 with 620 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

New Job - Look At Me etc on 12:43 - May 23 with 560 viewsWarkystache

Well done mate. if only Tel knew you, he'd probably say ''Oo? Never mind, wish 'im all the best, like".

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024