Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Satellite Train. 23:54 - May 22 with 899 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Just went outside for a smoke and Elon Musks satellite train went overhead.

Brilliant.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Satellite Train. on 00:11 - May 23 with 830 viewsstonojnr

not if you are an astronomer they aint
Satellite Train. on 00:15 - May 23 with 822 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Satellite Train. on 00:11 - May 23 by stonojnr

not if you are an astronomer they aint

I'm not.
To a simple pleb like me, it was an incredible sight.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Satellite Train. on 01:20 - May 23 with 769 viewsstonojnr

Satellite Train. on 00:15 - May 23 by StochesStotasBlewe

I'm not.
To a simple pleb like me, it was an incredible sight.

well when there are over 100,000 of the damn things up there, and that doesnt include the Chinese or Russian constellations that are planned, youll have plenty to look at then.
Satellite Train. on 01:38 - May 23 with 748 viewsjeera

Satellite Train. on 01:20 - May 23 by stonojnr

well when there are over 100,000 of the damn things up there, and that doesnt include the Chinese or Russian constellations that are planned, youll have plenty to look at then.

Right little charmer you are.

You do realise he isn't responsible don't you.

And that you don't have the monopoly of the skies.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Satellite Train. on 08:43 - May 23 with 575 viewsStokieBlue

Satellite Train. on 01:38 - May 23 by jeera

Right little charmer you are.

You do realise he isn't responsible don't you.

And that you don't have the monopoly of the skies.

He's right though, the Starlink constellations are causing big problems when it comes to astronomical research and I think the point is the opposite of what you've said: Musk doesn't have a monopoly on the skies and should have consulted with far more people before they were first launched. The goals of the system is admirable but there could have been more thought with regards to the technology.

There are changes being made to the designs of new ones that are sent up but it's still not enough:

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/22396388/space-x-elon-musk-starlink-too-b

I managed to use my new telescope for the first time for 10 minutes last night as the weather has been so awful. Tested the scope and new lens through the window with clouds passing in front of the moon but still got a decent image.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Satellite Train. on 09:02 - May 23 with 540 viewsBarcaBlue

Satellite Train. on 08:43 - May 23 by StokieBlue

He's right though, the Starlink constellations are causing big problems when it comes to astronomical research and I think the point is the opposite of what you've said: Musk doesn't have a monopoly on the skies and should have consulted with far more people before they were first launched. The goals of the system is admirable but there could have been more thought with regards to the technology.

There are changes being made to the designs of new ones that are sent up but it's still not enough:

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/22396388/space-x-elon-musk-starlink-too-b

I managed to use my new telescope for the first time for 10 minutes last night as the weather has been so awful. Tested the scope and new lens through the window with clouds passing in front of the moon but still got a decent image.

SB

They should just design the satellites without lights, can't believe that Musk with his billions couldn't hire scientists to work that out. The windows on ISS could have shutters too.

Cool moon photo. Must be frustrating not to get a pic of the other side.
Satellite Train. on 09:35 - May 23 with 493 viewsNthQldITFC

Satellite Train. on 09:02 - May 23 by BarcaBlue

They should just design the satellites without lights, can't believe that Musk with his billions couldn't hire scientists to work that out. The windows on ISS could have shutters too.

Cool moon photo. Must be frustrating not to get a pic of the other side.

Or make them fly around underneath the earth where you would ever see them unless you peaked over the edge.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024