Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will any of the players leaving this summer 20:14 - May 24 with 2453 viewsCoco

ever play at a higher level than league one? IMHO I think only Downes will (if we are open to offers for him).

Jackson may fluke a move up as he apparently has 'blistering' pace but wouldn't be more than squad filler.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 20:17 - May 24 with 2411 viewsFPL_Tractor

I think Dozzell will play higher than L1. Whether he leaves I don’t know.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 20:23 - May 24 with 2373 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

No, I won't have that. He is not fast at all.

Even at 45, I reckon I could still beat him.
Will any of the players leaving this summer on 20:26 - May 24 with 2363 viewspointofblue

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 20:17 - May 24 by FPL_Tractor

Woolfenden as well has the potential to, though not next season.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 20:32 - May 24 with 2339 viewsCoco

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 20:26 - May 24 by pointofblue

Woolfenden as well has the potential to, though not next season.

Wolfenden looks the part but is he really any better than say, Chris Casement or Tom Eastman?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 20:32 - May 24 with 2336 viewsCoco

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 20:17 - May 24 by FPL_Tractor

Oh yes forgot Dozz! He will play higher.

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 20:33 - May 24 with 2334 viewspointofblue

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 20:32 - May 24 by Coco

Wolfenden looks the part but is he really any better than say, Chris Casement or Tom Eastman?

Yes.

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 23:26 - May 24 with 2171 viewsFreddy

We'll know more soon they are back for preseason in 5 weeks and he'll want all his new players in by then
Will any of the players leaving this summer on 23:33 - May 24 with 2157 viewsSwansea_Blue

He hasn't looked the part this year, he's been a huge disappointment. This is someone we had high hopes for in the Championship and he's looked below average in L1.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 23:36 - May 24 with 2151 viewsHerbivore

The ex-academy lads we're binning off will be playing higher than League 1 level next season I imagine.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 23:59 - May 24 with 2124 viewspointofblue

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 23:33 - May 24 by Swansea_Blue

He hasn't looked the part this year, he's been a huge disappointment. This is someone we had high hopes for in the Championship and he's looked below average in L1.

That’s what happens when you ask a 22 year old to babysit a 19(?) year old who had never played a league game before. In 19/20 he looked better because he had experienced heads next to him.

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 00:03 - May 25 with 2116 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 23:59 - May 24 by pointofblue

That’s what happens when you ask a 22 year old to babysit a 19(?) year old who had never played a league game before. In 19/20 he looked better because he had experienced heads next to him.

'In 19/20 he looked better because he had experienced heads next to him'

Him and those experience heads.......we had still finished 11th and top half teams enjoyed playing us.
Will any of the players leaving this summer on 00:14 - May 25 with 2102 viewspointofblue

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 00:03 - May 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

'In 19/20 he looked better because he had experienced heads next to him'

Him and those experience heads.......we had still finished 11th and top half teams enjoyed playing us.

Defensively we were fine in 19/20, just like we were in 20/21 (conceded an average of a goal a game - only Coventry out of top seven had a better defensive record than us whilst our defence was as good as promoted Peterborough’s and better than Play Off finalists Lincoln and semi-finalists Oxford in 20/21).

Our problem since relegation has always been attack - not defence. That’s not to say reinforcements aren’t needed, especially in terms of a keeper, left back and experienced centre half.

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 00:27 - May 25 with 2089 viewspatrickswell

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 00:14 - May 25 by pointofblue

Defensively we were fine in 19/20, just like we were in 20/21 (conceded an average of a goal a game - only Coventry out of top seven had a better defensive record than us whilst our defence was as good as promoted Peterborough’s and better than Play Off finalists Lincoln and semi-finalists Oxford in 20/21).

Our problem since relegation has always been attack - not defence. That’s not to say reinforcements aren’t needed, especially in terms of a keeper, left back and experienced centre half.

You’re wasting your breath, mate. Chambers played as part of the defence ergo, the defence was poor, it’s one of the immutable truths apparently. Even when the strikers and midfield couldn’t score/create for toffee from about November, blame the defence.
Will any of the players leaving this summer on 06:58 - May 25 with 1906 views26_Paz

Oh yes forgot Dozz! He will play higher.

Not difficult to forget him given his immensely forgettable ‘contribution’ this season

The Paz Man

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 08:50 - May 25 with 1736 viewsWD19

Wycombe got out of this league. Paul Hurst nearly got a team out of it.

So pretty much anyone we let go with 1st team experience has a chance of ending up at a L1 side that then goes on to get to the Championship.
Will any of the players leaving this summer on 08:53 - May 25 with 1723 viewsbournemouthblue

He's definitely far better on the ground

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 08:57 - May 25 with 1707 viewsSteve_M

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 23:33 - May 24 by Swansea_Blue

I thought Wolfenden finished the season pretty well, having been really poor for large parts of it. Given how few matches he has played in a position that players generally mature into letting him go now looks short-sighted.

Downes and Dozzell will definitely play at least in the Championship too, probably Bishop and it's possible that Edwards and Jackson could again - Edwards did ok in the relegation season - although I'm not convinced on the last two.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Will any of the players leaving this summer on 09:08 - May 25 with 1672 viewsBlueySwede

You just never know. I, and many others on here, wrote off Kieffer Moore as a donkey a few years ago.
I am not comfartable at all to write off players like Bishop, Woolfenden, Dozzell and Nydam. I think there is some talent in most players reaching professional football, I think often it is a question of confidence, attitude, playing a style that suits you, etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024