Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
@J2 14:32 - May 26 with 375 viewsKropotkin123

What do you make of this? This is the "silver pourer" that I linked you to when we were chatting about silver. He's not buying silver this year. As a producer of silver items, a "stacker" and a big name in the silver community, I thought this was pretty significant. Are you still of the same thought-process or having a re-think for the short-term?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

@J2 on 14:51 - May 26 with 338 viewsJ2BLUE

Interesting, cheers.

I think he's right. The premiums and VAT make it pretty pointless at the moment. VAT is such a killer. Premium and VAT = 50% of spot. I can't remember the last physical ounce I bought. Most of my 'stack' was bought for £9.50 an ounce VAT free from Guernsey until they closed that loophole.

I have bought ETFs in the last year or so. I know if you don't hold it you don't own it etc but I want exposure to the price and am not interested in more physical. I have actually looked into selling roughly one eighth of my stack but haven't done so yet.

I used to think the next depression/serious recession would be inflationary but now i'm 50/50. The banks are offering stupidly low interest rates on loans, mortgages and balance transfers which makes me wonder if i've read it wrong. My current position is that i'm not buying physical and am unlikely to buy more silver/gold ETFs but i'm also unlikely to sell much. As i said, approx one eighth is a possibility but unlikely and i'd definitely sell the ETFs if it got to a decent level.

I'm looking to build up cash, invest in my future trends based stock portfolio and dabble in cryptocurrencies.

What's your take on it? I recognise the red writing on that video and if he's who I think he is he often does this very clickbaity style? He's basically not willing to pay a 50% premium/VAT fee on each coin. Anyone who is needs their head testing!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

@J2 on 15:30 - May 26 with 305 viewsKropotkin123

@J2 on 14:51 - May 26 by J2BLUE

Interesting, cheers.

I think he's right. The premiums and VAT make it pretty pointless at the moment. VAT is such a killer. Premium and VAT = 50% of spot. I can't remember the last physical ounce I bought. Most of my 'stack' was bought for £9.50 an ounce VAT free from Guernsey until they closed that loophole.

I have bought ETFs in the last year or so. I know if you don't hold it you don't own it etc but I want exposure to the price and am not interested in more physical. I have actually looked into selling roughly one eighth of my stack but haven't done so yet.

I used to think the next depression/serious recession would be inflationary but now i'm 50/50. The banks are offering stupidly low interest rates on loans, mortgages and balance transfers which makes me wonder if i've read it wrong. My current position is that i'm not buying physical and am unlikely to buy more silver/gold ETFs but i'm also unlikely to sell much. As i said, approx one eighth is a possibility but unlikely and i'd definitely sell the ETFs if it got to a decent level.

I'm looking to build up cash, invest in my future trends based stock portfolio and dabble in cryptocurrencies.

What's your take on it? I recognise the red writing on that video and if he's who I think he is he often does this very clickbaity style? He's basically not willing to pay a 50% premium/VAT fee on each coin. Anyone who is needs their head testing!

For me it is about offsetting pensions when stock markets are down. I've still got someway until I reach that age, so not that interesting in selling metals now. So I'm thinking along the lines that he is in so much as investing in gold, rather than silver.

I think what you're doing in relation to the ETFs is probably the right way to go or potentially mining companies that will shortly be looking to exploit the current prices when covid hampers businesses less.

With me relocating to Canada, I've pulled out of a fair amount of positions, as I want to get a house out there in two years, so moving stuff over to CAD is important to me over time. So don't want to be caught in riskier positions.

The guy specifically doesn't do too many click-bait titles. More showing off numismatic coins and pieces whilst giving his thoughts on questions put to him. For example the same red text is used to say "There is no shortage of Silver" whereas a click-baiter would have been saying "Silver shortage".

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

@J2 on 11:58 - May 27 with 234 viewsJ2BLUE

@J2 on 15:30 - May 26 by Kropotkin123

For me it is about offsetting pensions when stock markets are down. I've still got someway until I reach that age, so not that interesting in selling metals now. So I'm thinking along the lines that he is in so much as investing in gold, rather than silver.

I think what you're doing in relation to the ETFs is probably the right way to go or potentially mining companies that will shortly be looking to exploit the current prices when covid hampers businesses less.

With me relocating to Canada, I've pulled out of a fair amount of positions, as I want to get a house out there in two years, so moving stuff over to CAD is important to me over time. So don't want to be caught in riskier positions.

The guy specifically doesn't do too many click-bait titles. More showing off numismatic coins and pieces whilst giving his thoughts on questions put to him. For example the same red text is used to say "There is no shortage of Silver" whereas a click-baiter would have been saying "Silver shortage".

Ahh I may well be getting him confused with someone else then.

Yea it's an interesting point about pensions. I can't see myself selling any for a good while with the possible, unlikely exception of that 12.5% portion if I want the cash for something else.

The ETFs are linked to physical metals. I have half in a gold one and half in a silver one. I'm more of a fan of silver than gold as it's needed for many things and gets 'used' up. I used to have a Goldmoney account. Not sure if you've heard of them? Started by James Turk. That's a way to buy silver and keep it in storage without paying the VAT. Not sure what the fees are these days though.

Interesting about moving your finances over. I guess that's just a case of waiting for a decent rate?

Some people on Youtube make me laugh with their massive hoard of copper pennies which they think are going to make them rich! I can see why people are disappointed they missed the silver coins being removed from circulation by collectors but seems extremely optimistic copper is going to be worth it considering the amount of space it takes up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024