Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really want Man City to win tonight 09:44 - May 29 with 2668 viewsWoolfenthen

But that gobshlte Noel Gallagher makes you hate them a little bit more each time you see him, still anyone is more likeable than Chelsea.
Really want Man City to win tonight on 09:48 - May 29 with 1951 viewsBlueBadger

I'm kind of hoping that there's some kind of byzantine UEFA rule that means they can both lose.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Really want Man City to win tonight on 09:52 - May 29 with 1947 viewsJimmyJazz

My view is that anyone is more likeable than Man City who are all about the money

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Really want Man City to win tonight on 09:58 - May 29 with 1913 viewsBlueBadger

Really want Man City to win tonight on 09:52 - May 29 by JimmyJazz

My view is that anyone is more likeable than Man City who are all about the money

Yeah, but this only works when the side they're playing isn't Chelsea.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Really want Man City to win tonight on 09:59 - May 29 with 1906 viewsITFC_Forever

Man City all the way tonight.

Chelsea are infinitely more dislikable.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Really want Man City to win tonight on 10:00 - May 29 with 1901 viewsBeckets

Really want Man City to win tonight on 09:59 - May 29 by ITFC_Forever

I can’t want any of the Super League 12 to win.
Really want Man City to win tonight on 10:01 - May 29 with 1903 viewsclive_baker

Russian billionaire oil money vs Abu Dhabi billionaire oil money.

It’s real Roy of the Rovers stuff isn’t it.

I’m going Man City on the basis it might give Foden, Stones, Sterling a bit of swag ahead of the Euros. I think the City contingent will be more important than the Chelsea ones. Very tenuous reason for my preference admittedly.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Really want Man City to win tonight on 10:01 - May 29 with 1899 viewsBent_double

Fully prepared for a boring 0-0 draw and for Chelski to win on pens, unfortunately.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Really want Man City to win tonight on 10:10 - May 29 with 1854 viewsbournemouthblue

The thing with City despite now being a global mega club is that they aren't Chelsea

Chelsea as we all know have some pretty unsavoury elements connected to them, which rears it's ugly head now and again

They've been well run under Abrahamovich, no one can deny that but they'll always have that hanging over them
[Post edited 29 May 2021 10:11]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Really want Man City to win tonight on 10:14 - May 29 with 1836 viewsTheBoyBlue

Just a reminder where these teams once were. Div 2, 1989.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Really want Man City to win tonight on 10:38 - May 29 with 1783 viewsjudespiveyg

While I dislike both clubs, there's a lot of players I quite like on both teams, Foden, Mount, De Bruyne, Giroud etc.

Pep is also an absolute genius, best manager in world football in the years since he first became Barca manager, likeable guy too.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Really want Man City to win tonight on 10:38 - May 29 with 1778 viewsMattinLondon

Really want Man City to win tonight on 10:14 - May 29 by TheBoyBlue

Just a reminder where these teams once were. Div 2, 1989.

Div 2 over thirty years ago - could be worse, they could be Div 3 in the present day.
Really want Man City to win tonight on 10:40 - May 29 with 1768 viewschicoazul

Really want Man City to win tonight on 09:59 - May 29 by ITFC_Forever

Disagree. Chelsea are run by a very dubious man, but City are run by one of the most despotic regimes on earth where amongst other things, it’s illegal to be gay.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Really want Man City to win tonight on 10:46 - May 29 with 1743 viewsBasuco

Man City for me they play a lovely style of football that I would be happy to watch as a neutral fan.
Really want Man City to win tonight on 10:48 - May 29 with 1740 viewsSuperblue95

So is every club, so that’s a silly viewpoint.

I’ve never really got the point that Man City aren’t allowed to spend loads of money because they’ve only done it for 10 or so years whereas it’s okay for Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal to spend money because they always have? And it’s okay for Spurs and Everton to spunk loads every year because they waste it and never win anything. Man City are hated because they spend it most wisely, which is strange.

Anyway in response to the OP, Chelsea are a horrible club with horrible fans and traditionally horrible players so I could never want them to win anything, Them losing two finals in a matter of weeks would be delightful
[Post edited 29 May 2021 10:48]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Really want Man City to win tonight on 10:48 - May 29 with 1734 viewsgtsb1966

Man City have a mega rich owner who bankrolls the club so they can be the best and everyone hates them. Ipswich get new owners and everyone hopes they'll invest money to improve the club and that's ok. You couldn't make it up. Oh and don't mention it's because I of the superleague thing. People hated them before that.
Really want Man City to win tonight on 11:39 - May 29 with 1638 viewsScuzzer

Cant stand Man City.
Chelsea I can stand a little more.
As previously said...probably a drab 0-0 then Man City on penalties unfortunately.

Established 1968

Really want Man City to win tonight on 11:49 - May 29 with 1610 viewsMattinLondon

Really want Man City to win tonight on 10:48 - May 29 by gtsb1966

Man City have a mega rich owner who bankrolls the club so they can be the best and everyone hates them. Ipswich get new owners and everyone hopes they'll invest money to improve the club and that's ok. You couldn't make it up. Oh and don't mention it's because I of the superleague thing. People hated them before that.

Anyone would think that football is a sport clouded in jealousy and hypocrisy
Really want Man City to win tonight on 11:57 - May 29 with 1593 viewsdavblue

Really want Man City to win tonight on 10:46 - May 29 by Basuco

Man City for me they play a lovely style of football that I would be happy to watch as a neutral fan.

I don’t hate them one bit I have to say.

Football is brilliant, their owners have done loads for the community around the ground, they’ve been patient with managers, I think it’s 4 managers in 13 years, it’s not a bad record.

Chelsea, there’s nothing likeable about them.
Really want Man City to win tonight on 11:59 - May 29 with 1579 viewsRadlett_blue

Really want Man City to win tonight on 09:58 - May 29 by BlueBadger

Yeah, but this only works when the side they're playing isn't Chelsea.

Or Man Utd.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Really want Man City to win tonight on 12:06 - May 29 with 1529 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Really want Man City to win tonight on 11:59 - May 29 by Radlett_blue

Or Man Utd.

Man City all the way..... from a fans viewpoint
- always had strong support
- always the no 1 supported team in Manchester itself

Chelsea
- until Abramovic were 4th best supported team in London
- were a non entity of a club bar the odd trophy
- shocking attendances in 80s
- unsavoury element of fan base plus a lot of plastic fans these days

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Really want Man City to win tonight on 12:16 - May 29 with 1498 viewsRadlett_blue

Really want Man City to win tonight on 12:06 - May 29 by BlueyandCrazy

Chelsea

I'd like City to win only because they haven't won the CL (or EC) before. A rather "English" way of favouring the "underdog".
Yes, I dislike the way football has become dominated by a few, largely hugely loss making clubs, but that doesn't mean I shun watching decent football. Hoping for a decent game, with a marginal preference for City.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Really want Man City to win tonight on 12:19 - May 29 with 1490 viewswkj

I don't. I will always despise Man City from the Nicky Weaver vs Richard Wright for England days.

Not a fan of Chelsea either, but I really enjoy Tuchel's football.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Have you ever been to Stamford Bridge? on 12:25 - May 29 with 1480 viewsunstableblue

Just horrible- so much bile and the criticism of the home team. Completely opposite to PR.

Despite that I’m backing Chelsea tonight…. Man City are worse

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Really want Man City to win tonight on 12:25 - May 29 with 1479 viewsMattinLondon

Really want Man City to win tonight on 12:06 - May 29 by BlueyandCrazy

Chelsea

As someone who lives very close to Manchester it seems to me that it’s a myth to say that there are more Man City fans than Utd. True, a lot of the young kids wear city tops, but United seems to be much more popular than City.

Also, there are quite a few Liverpool tops worn around the actual city itself - always thought that the rivalry was extremely strong between the cities and football clubs. Was surprised by that.
Really want Man City to win tonight on 12:29 - May 29 with 1432 viewsPendejo

Said it before, say it again "hate" Citeh for various reasons largely involving a bad element amongst their fans that I have witnessed, including believing should qualify for Europe because they had 30k+ crowds in tier 3, and bitterness about that 81 cup sf at Villa Park.

But

They are a great football team here and now, also agree with another poster that Walker, Stones, Foden and Sterling could be key for England and one final boost. Chelsea only have James and Mount don't they?

As for money; how many clubs have spent millions without being able to deliver Championships? Or often simply failing to perform... Arsenal? Spurs?

And Chelsea are hardly paupers...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024