Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. 23:24 - May 29 with 2598 viewsCoco

Who is leaking chuff from within the club then? When things are against the players liking at the club it amuses me the amount of stories that come out that paint the management as big bad meanies 😪.

Also great how many take these unsubstantiated, one sided stories gospel. I just hope Mr Cook hasn’t been stealing everyone’s dinner money at the club!

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 23:29 - May 29 with 2544 viewsCoastalblue

I think people sometimes forget it's just a place of work for some, I realise many of us put it up on a pedestal but for some it's just their place of work and they will chat about stuff, let off steam, it's only natural.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 23:39 - May 29 with 2482 viewsjeera

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 23:29 - May 29 by Coastalblue

I think people sometimes forget it's just a place of work for some, I realise many of us put it up on a pedestal but for some it's just their place of work and they will chat about stuff, let off steam, it's only natural.

It seems to get forgotten on a daily basis.

Some bizarre accusations of malicious gossip which are really themselves no more than just that.

Heck knows why this has to be pointed out repeatedly.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 08:30 - May 30 with 2049 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 08:42 - May 30 with 1997 viewsOldsmoker

Transfers will start when Mark Ashton takes the reins on June 1st.
It's his job to negotiate and there's no-one else doing that at the moment so it's no surprise that there's been no transfers. If there is someone leaking rumours then I think that will stop when Mark Ashton tells the staff how he's going to run things. We've been in a transition period but that ends on June 1st with the new CEO in place.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 09:40 - May 30 with 1850 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I’ve seen nothing recently that is like you describe there.
What have I missed?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 09:46 - May 30 with 1800 views26_Paz

I think the behind the scenes staff need the same kind of clear out as the playing staff if I’m honest ...

The Paz Man

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 10:04 - May 30 with 1715 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'm sure you're correct and cook has never said a nasty word to anyone.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 11:26 - May 30 with 1547 viewspointofblue

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 08:42 - May 30 by Oldsmoker

It's his job to negotiate and there's no-one else doing that at the moment so it's no surprise that there's been no transfers. If there is someone leaking rumours then I think that will stop when Mark Ashton tells the staff how he's going to run things. We've been in a transition period but that ends on June 1st with the new CEO in place.

I think O’Leary has been handling that side of things so far and I’d be surprised if Ashton hasn’t been advising from afar, at the very least.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 11:38 - May 30 with 1521 viewschrismakin

What baffles me, is where here of these apparent rumours, yet people who would be more in the know about things have the complete opposite opinion on what PC is like and what goes on behid the scenes. Dyer for example. Now if one of his regular players in u23s in Dobra was told to basically fk off, in the way that was described yesturday, you'd bet your house that Dyer wouldn't be happy about it., yet funnily enough he's loving life at town under PC.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 11:39 - May 30 with 1514 viewsreusersfreekicks

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 11:38 - May 30 by chrismakin

What baffles me, is where here of these apparent rumours, yet people who would be more in the know about things have the complete opposite opinion on what PC is like and what goes on behid the scenes. Dyer for example. Now if one of his regular players in u23s in Dobra was told to basically fk off, in the way that was described yesturday, you'd bet your house that Dyer wouldn't be happy about it., yet funnily enough he's loving life at town under PC.

He's hardly going to say the opposite is he
Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 11:41 - May 30 with 1504 viewschrismakin

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 11:39 - May 30 by reusersfreekicks

He's hardly going to say the opposite is he

To his closest mates yeah

Same as Dozzell senior who's never been quiet about telling his circle about his unhappiness on occasions.
[Post edited 30 May 2021 11:44]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 11:52 - May 30 with 1464 viewspointofblue

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 11:41 - May 30 by chrismakin

To his closest mates yeah

Same as Dozzell senior who's never been quiet about telling his circle about his unhappiness on occasions.
[Post edited 30 May 2021 11:44]

To be fair, Cook does seem to be treating the Under 23s and Under 18s pretty well.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 11:59 - May 30 with 1440 viewsGiroJim

Im not at all convinced about Cook. Im with Joe in thinking he has just alienated players, with his attitude towards all of them. The end of the season was an utter disaster when he came in. He should have tried to get a tune out of them, and praised them even if secretly he knew he didnt want them. What happens when 20 of them turn up for pre season training ? I think he is going to struggle big time. As for the coaches, they just seem to be old mates,chancers and amateurs at best. I dont get this love in with Cook at all. He also only appears to play one formation, doesnt seem to want a plan B or C. Its not going to take many games into the season before teams suss our system out. Then what ?
Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 12:02 - May 30 with 1414 viewschrismakin

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 11:59 - May 30 by GiroJim

Im not at all convinced about Cook. Im with Joe in thinking he has just alienated players, with his attitude towards all of them. The end of the season was an utter disaster when he came in. He should have tried to get a tune out of them, and praised them even if secretly he knew he didnt want them. What happens when 20 of them turn up for pre season training ? I think he is going to struggle big time. As for the coaches, they just seem to be old mates,chancers and amateurs at best. I dont get this love in with Cook at all. He also only appears to play one formation, doesnt seem to want a plan B or C. Its not going to take many games into the season before teams suss our system out. Then what ?

Just curious, he played 4-2-3-1 for the past 7 years. At what point will the sides suss it out?

Coaches - Jeffers, take away personal thoughts on him as a person, Cook didn't know personally.

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 12:02 - May 30 with 1413 viewsGeomorph

But he did try didn’t he ? And they didn’t respond did they. Hence home truths dished out? Just how it looked from afar anyway
[Post edited 30 May 2021 12:03]
Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 12:04 - May 30 with 1401 viewschrismakin

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 11:52 - May 30 by pointofblue

To be fair, Cook does seem to be treating the Under 23s and Under 18s pretty well.

This is the only reason why I won't at this moment believe anything that's been done or said behind the scenes is a bad as being made out from some posters, as I know full well if there was any ill filling, those 2 specifically would not keep quiet about it esp dozza who treats the club like his baby.

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 12:05 - May 30 with 1397 viewsbobbyramsey

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 08:42 - May 30 by Oldsmoker

Unfortunately it won't stop people making stuff up..............
Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 12:44 - May 30 with 1318 viewsronnyd

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 09:46 - May 30 by 26_Paz

I think the behind the scenes staff need the same kind of clear out as the playing staff if I’m honest ...

We have had a fair number of backroom staff ins and outs to be fair. It's been commented enough on here lately.
Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 14:07 - May 30 with 1168 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 08:30 - May 30 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

The non leaks about nothing are the ones you have to watch out for.

It's going to be a stupidly long and pointless summer. The league doesn't finish for another c. 3 hours, and we've already been linked with what feels like half of the EFL.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Shįt stirrers and rumour mongers. on 14:54 - May 30 with 1047 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

"As for the coaches, they just seem to be old mates, chancers and amateurs at best."

This is just absolute nonsense. Why on earth would someone potentially scupper their own job by hiring chancers and amateurs?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024