Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garbutt and Grant Ward 21:05 - May 30 with 4772 viewsgroovyASH

Probably stifling a little laugh behind their hands. Urgh

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 21:25 - May 30 with 4700 viewsBloomBlue

You couldnt blame them if they are having a laugh. A lot of people laughed at Garbutt when he joined Blackpool; he who laughs last, laughs longest
Garbutt and Grant Ward on 23:29 - May 30 with 4368 viewsMattinLondon

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 21:25 - May 30 by BloomBlue

You couldnt blame them if they are having a laugh. A lot of people laughed at Garbutt when he joined Blackpool; he who laughs last, laughs longest

If we get promoted and Blackpool are relegated who will be laughing the longest then?
Garbutt and Grant Ward on 23:50 - May 30 with 4304 viewsgalacticoblue

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 21:25 - May 30 by BloomBlue

Z
[Post edited 30 May 2021 23:51]
Garbutt and Grant Ward on 08:19 - May 31 with 3958 viewsthebooks

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 23:29 - May 30 by MattinLondon

If we get promoted and Blackpool are relegated who will be laughing the longest then?

But what happens when we then get relegated and Blackpool promoted? It’s endless laughter, which is no bad thing.
Garbutt and Grant Ward on 09:08 - May 31 with 3776 viewsRadlett_blue

Garbutt thought he could get a bigger club, but ended up signing a 1 year deal with Blackpool, presumably as no-one else wanted him. Now aged 28 after wasting much of his career being loaned out by Everton, although I guess they paid him better than a Football League club. Will be interested in what his next deal is.
Ward never quite lived up to his initial promise. Glad he recovered from his injury. will be interested to see if Blackpool take up their 1 year option. I guess he would rather have a longer deal. Probably a solid 3rd tier player.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 10:09 - May 31 with 3636 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 09:08 - May 31 by Radlett_blue

Garbutt thought he could get a bigger club, but ended up signing a 1 year deal with Blackpool, presumably as no-one else wanted him. Now aged 28 after wasting much of his career being loaned out by Everton, although I guess they paid him better than a Football League club. Will be interested in what his next deal is.
Ward never quite lived up to his initial promise. Glad he recovered from his injury. will be interested to see if Blackpool take up their 1 year option. I guess he would rather have a longer deal. Probably a solid 3rd tier player.

Blackpool had a player on loan from Everton who got injured on Saturday.
Apparently a good player- jeffers go n raid Everton!
Garbutt and Grant Ward on 10:41 - May 31 with 3552 viewsGarv

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 09:08 - May 31 by Radlett_blue

Even yesterday watching Ward I was reminded why I never liked him at Town.

Congrats to him but I wouldn't have him back. Garbutt is probably a different story.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 10:47 - May 31 with 3541 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Why are they 'stifling a laugh', and why 'Urgh'?

We didn't have a falling out with either player, we had an offer in for Garbutt, he didn't take it, I assume on the advice of his agent, by the time it became apparent that he wasn't going to get a club, we'd already blown our load on Stephen Ward.

Grant Ward, was out of contract, and didn't offer loads, he has played most minutes in central midfield for Blackpool, where we were overloaded with players.

I suspect he'll end up back in League one at some point this year.
[Post edited 31 May 2021 10:59]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 11:58 - May 31 with 3444 viewsitfcjoe

Classic examples of why all our players aren;t rubbish, and have just been put in a position where it is impossible to succeed at the club - and why just binning everyone off rather than getting rid of some and improving the environment may be the way to go

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 12:02 - May 31 with 3421 viewsPinewoodblue

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 11:58 - May 31 by itfcjoe

Classic examples of why all our players aren;t rubbish, and have just been put in a position where it is impossible to succeed at the club - and why just binning everyone off rather than getting rid of some and improving the environment may be the way to go

The only way to go.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 12:02 - May 31 with 3420 viewschrismakin

really?

wasn't it only 7 players involved in this game between both clubs that actually played for either side in 2019/2020

seems like both Blackpool and Lincoln went for a clearout...............

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 12:23 - May 31 with 3323 viewsPinewoodblue

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 12:02 - May 31 by chrismakin

really?

wasn't it only 7 players involved in this game between both clubs that actually played for either side in 2019/2020

seems like both Blackpool and Lincoln went for a clearout...............

Short term contracts are the norm at many clubs. When Northampton played at Portman Road last season only one of the starting eleven started in the previous season play off final.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 12:46 - May 31 with 3266 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I’m sorry Joe, but I think you’re wrong.

There was something toxic at the club, and albeit likely as a result of the environment Evans created, it was time to clear that ethic out of the club so we could move forward.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 13:44 - May 31 with 3175 viewsitfcjoe

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 12:46 - May 31 by Cheltenham_Blue

I’m sorry Joe, but I think you’re wrong.

There was something toxic at the club, and albeit likely as a result of the environment Evans created, it was time to clear that ethic out of the club so we could move forward.

I don't think it was toxic, think it was just flat - and just by letting contracts expire we could have got rid of Chambers, Skuse, Sears, Huws, Donacien, Jackson, Nsiala, WIlson and a few more......that coupled up with totally new staff and 10 signings is going to give it a huge change in ethos whatever

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 14:16 - May 31 with 3080 viewsronnyd

Watched the highlights this morning. Thought that Garbutt had cultivated a poor mans James Madison look there. Good luck to the guy though.
Garbutt and Grant Ward on 20:57 - May 31 with 2726 viewsMelford

I've always said this, from going back to McAuley and Delaney leaving us. Donkey Delaney an McAwful made 170 and 203 prem appearances for Palace and West Brom after leaving us.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 21:03 - May 31 with 2714 viewsSwansea_Blue

I very much doubt they’re thinking about us right now. I’m sure they’ll enjoy this weekend and the next couple of weeks, and then they’re mood will depend on whether they’re in the plans for next season. I’ve no idea if they’re integral to what Blackpool are doing.

It’s good to see Blackpool back doing well. No club should have to go through what they suffered under the Oystons.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 06:33 - Jun 1 with 2472 viewsChurchman

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 13:44 - May 31 by itfcjoe

I don't think it was toxic, think it was just flat - and just by letting contracts expire we could have got rid of Chambers, Skuse, Sears, Huws, Donacien, Jackson, Nsiala, WIlson and a few more......that coupled up with totally new staff and 10 signings is going to give it a huge change in ethos whatever

Obviously only the players and staff will know, but flat, toxic, chaotic, amateurish, unpleasant, dysfunctional, cliques, drifting: whichever is applicable, it adds up to a mess.

The players were a big part of that mess and none of them stood up to be counted. Their minimal, lame efforts were in my view a disgraceful insult to the club and its supporters. Mumbling a few hackneyed phrases after the latest humiliation was not enough.

Blackpool struggled for the first month or two of the season. Did they cave in like our 45+ lightweights did two seasons straight? No, they stood up, got better and better and earned their reward.

I fully understand why Cook is ditching that rabble, if a little surprised he’s not wanted to retain a few of them. I guess it depends on what the plan is, recruitment wise, and whether he saw anybody useful in the existing playing staff. Clearly not.

Given the pace of change in under 2 months of new owners, I hope and expect the club is gearing for something a little more than the trail of old men and rejects some are suggesting on here. It’s certainly going to be different.
Garbutt and Grant Ward on 06:47 - Jun 1 with 2441 viewscatch74

Garbutt and Grant Ward on 06:33 - Jun 1 by Churchman

Obviously only the players and staff will know, but flat, toxic, chaotic, amateurish, unpleasant, dysfunctional, cliques, drifting: whichever is applicable, it adds up to a mess.

The players were a big part of that mess and none of them stood up to be counted. Their minimal, lame efforts were in my view a disgraceful insult to the club and its supporters. Mumbling a few hackneyed phrases after the latest humiliation was not enough.

Blackpool struggled for the first month or two of the season. Did they cave in like our 45+ lightweights did two seasons straight? No, they stood up, got better and better and earned their reward.

I fully understand why Cook is ditching that rabble, if a little surprised he’s not wanted to retain a few of them. I guess it depends on what the plan is, recruitment wise, and whether he saw anybody useful in the existing playing staff. Clearly not.

Given the pace of change in under 2 months of new owners, I hope and expect the club is gearing for something a little more than the trail of old men and rejects some are suggesting on here. It’s certainly going to be different.

From the EADT this morning about Naismith:

‘After being reunited at Pompey, Cook soon sent him out on loan to Hartlepool and then banished him to the reserves.

Naismith battled his way back into the picture and, playing as a No.10, scored seven goals in nine matches to fire the South Coast club to the League Two title.

Reflecting recently on the Not The Top 20 Podcast, Cook said: “That was part of his education that it's not all about Kal Naismith, it’s about the team. ‘

Think Cook is making this point to a number of players at Ipswich, hoping we don’t lose all our players. As Joe says enough change naturally with contracts ending. Hope others make it their intent to battle back into Cook’s plans, like Dobra. Don’t like the way Cook has gone about this - but is there a case of too much info passed onto the public/press - Cook makes a big issue about trust very regularly.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024