Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
w.h.o. 11:39 - Jun 1 with 1262 viewsjaykay

did the thread about the W.H.O. renaming covid variants get pulled ?

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

w.h.o. on 11:48 - Jun 1 with 1245 viewsGavTWTD

Yes, regrettably. Far too much abuse all the way through it to have the bad stuff picked out and deleted.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

w.h.o. on 11:55 - Jun 1 with 1202 viewsEireannach_gorm

Would not have thought it was a contentious or emotive issue, quite the contrary.

https://www.who.int/news/item/08-05-2015-who-issues-best-practices-for-naming-ne

Unfortunately it wont change the common naming of infections.

https://www.history.com/news/why-was-it-called-the-spanish-flu

OK did not see it so bow to Gavs superior knowledge.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 11:56]
w.h.o. on 12:02 - Jun 1 with 1181 viewsGavTWTD

w.h.o. on 11:55 - Jun 1 by Eireannach_gorm

Would not have thought it was a contentious or emotive issue, quite the contrary.

https://www.who.int/news/item/08-05-2015-who-issues-best-practices-for-naming-ne

Unfortunately it wont change the common naming of infections.

https://www.history.com/news/why-was-it-called-the-spanish-flu

OK did not see it so bow to Gavs superior knowledge.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 11:56]

I meant the replies were abusive, all the way from the first one. Shame we can't discuss things and respect other people's views. Was an important topic too.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

w.h.o. on 12:50 - Jun 1 with 1074 viewsEireannach_gorm

w.h.o. on 12:02 - Jun 1 by GavTWTD

I meant the replies were abusive, all the way from the first one. Shame we can't discuss things and respect other people's views. Was an important topic too.

With you on that Gav.

FYI on the important topic.
https://www.who.int/en/activities/tracking-SARS-CoV-2-variants/
w.h.o. on 12:54 - Jun 1 with 1056 viewsJakeITFC

W.H.O let the mods out?
w.h.o. on 14:09 - Jun 1 with 970 viewsRyorry

Only saw a few bits of it at a fairly early stage, but basically my feeling about that whole 'naming' issue is sadness that human beings can't focus on working together to sort out the really important matters like getting the whole globe vaccinated in an equable, intelligent manner so as to protect us all; instead of wasting time & energy on distracting side issues like what name to call the variants.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

w.h.o. on 14:13 - Jun 1 with 943 views26_Paz

w.h.o. on 14:09 - Jun 1 by Ryorry

Only saw a few bits of it at a fairly early stage, but basically my feeling about that whole 'naming' issue is sadness that human beings can't focus on working together to sort out the really important matters like getting the whole globe vaccinated in an equable, intelligent manner so as to protect us all; instead of wasting time & energy on distracting side issues like what name to call the variants.

That was basically my argument.
Edit - I probably didn’t word it as eloquently as you did.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 14:17]

The Paz Man

w.h.o. on 14:19 - Jun 1 with 922 viewsRyorry

w.h.o. on 14:13 - Jun 1 by 26_Paz

That was basically my argument.
Edit - I probably didn’t word it as eloquently as you did.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 14:17]

Why thanks :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

w.h.o. on 14:22 - Jun 1 with 915 viewsGuthrum

Unfortunately, we are stuck with human psychology, which likes to group things together, then declare some "in" and others "out", depending upon local perspective and allegiances. Which affects how they regard the way things are named.

In actual fact, all the variants already had entirely neutral names/designations (B.1.617 in the case of the so-called Indian variant), just they were presumably deemed too complicated and hard to remember by the media.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 14:24]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

w.h.o. on 15:54 - Jun 1 with 858 viewsjeera

w.h.o. on 11:48 - Jun 1 by GavTWTD

Yes, regrettably. Far too much abuse all the way through it to have the bad stuff picked out and deleted.

Are you in charge atm Gav?

Why not ban a couple of trolls whilst Phil isn't looking?

Everyone wants the forum to return to a better place, so cut out the rot.

And it's not a case of opposing opinions, it's a matter of some getting their kicks from deliberately knobbish behaviour.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 15:55]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

w.h.o. on 16:15 - Jun 1 with 847 viewsHARRY10

That's as silly as it is false

Naming the viruses DOES NOT distract from the any part of this work - and I suspect the bleats claiming it does derive from a racist perspective, than any reasoned thought.
w.h.o. on 20:53 - Jun 1 with 735 viewsfactual_blue

Would you like me to start it again Gav?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

w.h.o. on 22:02 - Jun 1 with 689 viewsgazzer1999

w.h.o. on 20:53 - Jun 1 by factual_blue

Would you like me to start it again Gav?

Lets give them peoples names instead, I'll start off with the Lambert variant.
w.h.o. on 22:15 - Jun 1 with 671 views26_Paz

w.h.o. on 22:02 - Jun 1 by gazzer1999

Lets give them peoples names instead, I'll start off with the Lambert variant.

Which variant is more destructive; the Lambert variant, the Keane variant, the Jewell variant or the Hurst variant?

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024