Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4 right backs in the England squad..... 17:11 - Jun 1 with 1415 viewsBloots

....and only 5 midfielders.

Rock n roll.

What a club.

Lambert out.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

4 right backs in the England squad..... on 17:15 - Jun 1 with 1377 viewspointofblue

I know they’ve laid it out that way but Grealish and Foden can also play central so that makes seven. I guess we may potentially be playing three at the back, with Walker or James filling in alongside Maguire (if fit) and Stones. That leaves TAA and Trippier as the right sided players.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

4 right backs in the England squad..... on 17:18 - Jun 1 with 1358 viewsclive_baker

On balance I like the squad. The only change I might've made would be to take Ward-Prowse as a bit more of a core central midfielder, perhaps in place of Saka. Southgate must be pretty confident Henderson will be fit, as I imagine it'll be 3 in the middle being Rice, Mount + 1 of Henderson or Phillips. We're asking a lot of Phillips after 1 season in the Premier League and barely any international experience.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

4 right backs in the England squad..... on 17:21 - Jun 1 with 1334 viewschicoazul

It’s a bit weird, he could have cut one of the four for Watkins or Lingaard. Presumably Trippier and Trent are the real RBs and James and Walker are utility men.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

4 right backs in the England squad..... on 17:23 - Jun 1 with 1318 viewsBluefish

4 right backs in the England squad..... on 17:21 - Jun 1 by chicoazul

It’s a bit weird, he could have cut one of the four for Watkins or Lingaard. Presumably Trippier and Trent are the real RBs and James and Walker are utility men.

How can you go into a tournament with 1 striker? It is madness

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

4 right backs in the England squad..... on 17:24 - Jun 1 with 1317 viewschicoazul

4 right backs in the England squad..... on 17:23 - Jun 1 by Bluefish

We have two..? Kane and DCL. Plus Rashford can play down the middle. And Sterling in a pinch but he hasn’t had the best season.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Apparently he's keeping the "dropped" players.... on 17:28 - Jun 1 with 1306 viewsBloots

4 right backs in the England squad..... on 17:18 - Jun 1 by clive_baker

On balance I like the squad. The only change I might've made would be to take Ward-Prowse as a bit more of a core central midfielder, perhaps in place of Saka. Southgate must be pretty confident Henderson will be fit, as I imagine it'll be 3 in the middle being Rice, Mount + 1 of Henderson or Phillips. We're asking a lot of Phillips after 1 season in the Premier League and barely any international experience.

....for the upcoming friendlies and he's confirmed that Lingard is going to start against Austria.

Ha.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

4 right backs in the England squad..... on 17:31 - Jun 1 with 1263 viewsBluefish

4 right backs in the England squad..... on 17:24 - Jun 1 by chicoazul

We have two..? Kane and DCL. Plus Rashford can play down the middle. And Sterling in a pinch but he hasn’t had the best season.

Not sure how that came out as 1

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

4 right backs in the England squad..... on 17:45 - Jun 1 with 1205 viewsGuthrum

How many loan players?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Apparently he's keeping the "dropped" players.... on 17:53 - Jun 1 with 1188 viewspointofblue

Apparently he's keeping the "dropped" players.... on 17:28 - Jun 1 by Bloots

....for the upcoming friendlies and he's confirmed that Lingard is going to start against Austria.

Ha.

I thought I read that the players at clubs involved in European finals wouldn’t be available for the Austria game so no Henderson, James, Walker, Chilwell, Shaw, Maguire, Stones, Mount, Foden, Sterling or Rashford. Guess that’s why the rejectees might be being kept on.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

4 right backs in the England squad..... on 17:54 - Jun 1 with 1181 viewsKeno

4 right backs in the England squad..... on 17:23 - Jun 1 by Bluefish

pah!!

We did a whole season without one

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

4 right backs in the England squad..... on 17:58 - Jun 1 with 1168 viewsBiGDonnie

Madness. Couple of early injuries to those midfielders in we could be in trouble.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

4 right backs in the England squad..... on 18:29 - Jun 1 with 1104 viewsChrisd

It is a big ask of Phillips, but as he has shown this season with Leeds he has the ability, mindset and self belief to step up if Henderson isn’t fully fit.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Apparently he's keeping the "dropped" players.... on 18:57 - Jun 1 with 1032 viewsMerseyBlue

Apparently he's keeping the "dropped" players.... on 17:28 - Jun 1 by Bloots

Ha.

When I heard him say that I was stunned. If he's not in your squad then he shouldn't be playing in a warm-up game for a tournament.

On the four right backs, I don't really have an issue - they're all outstanding players that offer very different things. I saw Trippier has just come out and said that they are all expecting to be used differently.

He was never going to drop Maguire, Hendo, Rashford or Sterling but on form/injury none of them should be anywhere near the squad. Similar with DCL - his goals dried up after Christmas, he shouldn't be in on paper.

Easy to judge (especially given some of the comments Southgate has put out alongside the announcement) and I desperately hope I'm wrong but the press will hang him out to dry if this doesn't pay off.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 18:58]

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Apparently he's keeping the "dropped" players.... on 20:17 - Jun 1 with 903 viewstractordownsouth

Apparently he's keeping the "dropped" players.... on 18:57 - Jun 1 by MerseyBlue

When I heard him say that I was stunned. If he's not in your squad then he shouldn't be playing in a warm-up game for a tournament.

On the four right backs, I don't really have an issue - they're all outstanding players that offer very different things. I saw Trippier has just come out and said that they are all expecting to be used differently.

He was never going to drop Maguire, Hendo, Rashford or Sterling but on form/injury none of them should be anywhere near the squad. Similar with DCL - his goals dried up after Christmas, he shouldn't be in on paper.

Easy to judge (especially given some of the comments Southgate has put out alongside the announcement) and I desperately hope I'm wrong but the press will hang him out to dry if this doesn't pay off.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 18:58]

See Point of Blue's post above, RE Lingard.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Apparently he's keeping the "dropped" players.... on 21:31 - Jun 1 with 799 viewsMerseyBlue

Apparently he's keeping the "dropped" players.... on 20:17 - Jun 1 by tractordownsouth

See Point of Blue's post above, RE Lingard.

I saw it, I don't think it excuses starting a player that isn't going to be at the tournament all things being well. There are still 15 players in the squad to choose from, if he can't get a starting 11 out of those 15 then he's made the wrong decisions.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

4 right backs in the England squad..... on 21:45 - Jun 1 with 772 viewsvilanovablue

Squad looks OK to me would have liked Watkins to have gone. In reality I’d have preferred Bamford who feels like a poor mans kane
4 right backs in the England squad..... on 21:56 - Jun 1 with 747 viewsSwansea_Blue

No Ward-Prowse? What’s the fella got to do? He’s been one of the best and most consistent English CMs in the PL for quite a few years now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024